Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FX-520?

Default Re: FX-520?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalsumine View Post
    overall, it's a wonderful PNS camera..
    Compare with LX-2?

erm, basically if you wanna play with the ASMP modes, just go for the LX2, as it's more easier to control. FX-520 able to do as well but you might prefer use the LX2, maybe because of the looks and the joystick to control.

Hey... I just got mine at the PC fair last week... Have been playing around with the camera since then.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed by the results. The previous camera i used was the Olympus Mju750 which I lost 2 months ago. I bought the FX520 to replace it. Personally, i feel that i preferred the images produced by the Mju750. I'm still new to photography and i don't know if its because I don't know how to use the appropriate manual settings properly. Because the pictures that i took... most of them are quite soft around the edges, as in, the pictures don't look sharp. Also, even at iso100, noise is visible at darker areas of the photos eg. shadows, sheltered areas. Reviews of the camera suggests that its a good buy. But comparing it to my older Mju750, i still think the images produced by the Mju750 were much better.

I was actually contemplating to get the canon ixus 860is at first. Cause i went to the canon showroom at vivocity to test it out before and i liked the pictures it produced. But the manual capabilities of the FX520 bought me over in the end. Now I kinda regret it. I feel like selling this off to get the canon instead.

Any other owners of the FX520 care to share your views on this?

Question Re: FX-520?

...FX-520 able to do as well but you might prefer use the LX2, maybe because of the looks and the joystick to control.
    The adjustment of aperture and shutter speed for the FX520 is purely on-screen slider-based? Cannot use the joystick to adjust too?

Red face Re: FX-520?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowripper View Post
    ...Because the pictures that i took... most of them are quite soft around the edges, as in, the pictures don't look sharp. Also, even at iso100, noise is visible at darker areas of the photos eg. shadows, sheltered areas...
    Care to post a variety of those said images so that we can see how bad it is?

Hey... I just got mine at the PC fair last week... Have been playing around with the camera since then.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed by the results. The previous camera i used was the Olympus Mju750 which I lost 2 months ago. I bought the FX520 to replace it. Personally, i feel that i preferred the images produced by the Mju750. I'm still new to photography and i don't know if its because I don't know how to use the appropriate manual settings properly. Because the pictures that i took... most of them are quite soft around the edges, as in, the pictures don't look sharp. Also, even at iso100, noise is visible at darker areas of the photos eg. shadows, sheltered areas. Reviews of the camera suggests that its a good buy. But comparing it to my older Mju750, i still think the images produced by the Mju750 were much better.

I was actually contemplating to get the canon ixus 860is at first. Cause i went to the canon showroom at vivocity to test it out before and i liked the pictures it produced. But the manual capabilities of the FX520 bought me over in the end. Now I kinda regret it. I feel like selling this off to get the canon instead.

Any other owners of the FX520 care to share your views on this?
    not sharp? post some pics will tells everything. I'm using both 860 and 520, i feel no much difference. darker areas? day shot? which mode?

Well, here's mine(the photos, not the car):

Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Well, here's mine(the photos, not the car):

dude, your car?

Red face Re: FX-520?

dude, your car?
    Well, here's mine(the photos, not the car):...
    How's the photo anyway?

Btw, if it were my SLK, it will be in black with red leather seats

This is a shot i took on Saturday outside peninsula plaza. Did some PP on it. No particular theme or story behind the picture. Happened to walk along the area and an image formed in my head as I was walking past the area. So I took out the camera and took a snap of the scene. I dunno... But i felt that bright areas were too bright and dark areas were too dark to see any detail. Dunno is it i took with the wrong settings...

ISO 100
    F3.5
    1/500 sec
    +0.3 EV

My other shots were taken of my bedroom and house. Paiseh to post the pictures here. lolz... will take more photos and post here to let you guys have a feel of the images the FX520 is capable of producing.

This is a shot i took on Saturday outside peninsula plaza. Did some PP on it. No particular theme or story behind the picture. Happened to walk along the area and an image formed in my head as I was walking past the area. So I took out the camera and took a snap of the scene. I dunno... But i felt that bright areas were too bright and dark areas were too dark to see any detail. Dunno is it i took with the wrong settings...

ISO 100
    F3.5
    1/500 sec
    +0.3 EV

My other shots were taken of my bedroom and house. Paiseh to post the pictures here. lolz... will take more photos and post here to let you guys have a feel of the images the FX520 is capable of producing.
    erm, why +0.3 EV?? not darker??

How's the photo anyway?

Btw, if it were my SLK, it will be in black with red leather seats
    erm, the photo is alright... just no composition. lol, yeah black with red seats will be cool.

am considering this as well, not sure if very much difference between this and FX36 in terms of image quality....

the wait is too long for big manufacturers to come up with Sigma DP1-like compacts with large sensors!

sigh..everyone is going for the big megapixel race instead of concentrating on noise control and other factors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123