Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

  1. #21
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    another thought..kids are damn daring too now... one actually flipped his middle finger at the cam when i took the photo...
    you guys mis-understood that poor kid lar. he just showing you what modern education has thought him.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    There was a news article in the paper accusing the judge for being too strict to Juvenile delinguent.

    e.g. they were told to have a proper hair colour etc before attending the hearing. At time, their parents were also lectured by the judge...

    What say you?
    What say me?

    1) The age of majority shld be lowered from 21 to 16 (but maintain voting age at 21yrs old). Which means they can be sent directly to Changi Prison if they commit a crime at 16yrs old.
    2) Give the judge discretion to send the kid (regardless of age) directly RTC or Changi Prison if its judged that the offence committed is serious enough.
    3) Close down Boys & Girls Town. Rename RTC as Juvenile Maximum Security Prison. The very word PRISON shld impose a psychological shock upon those snotty kiddos.
    4) The duty of the parents is to look after the children, for every year that the kid is sentenced to in Juvenile Prison make sure the adult gets 1mth in prison as well.
    5) If the kid doesn't dress appropriately or if the parent talks back to the judge, impose 2x the original sentence.
    6) The judge has every single damned right to screw the parents AND the kid. The judge is the very symbol of State Authority. If one doesn't show simple, basic respect towards the Symbol of State Authority & Discipline, they seriously ought to get screwed~

    The above 6pts sums up everything I have in mind for Juvenile Delinquents these days.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    http://www.corpun.com/sgju9403.htm

    Remember michael Fay? I was in USA during those years. Fay's news was all over the media. When i chat up with a man (total stranger) on the street and told him I came from singapore, he walked forward, shook my hand with both of his hands and said "well done, Singapore! That American kids totally deserved what he did." He felt such kids should be dealt with properly.

    As to local kids, I would still say there is a mix of good and bad ones just like yesteryears. Remember those days with many teens involved in frequent gang fights, religious cult (mediums), and real secret societies for lucrative trades? All i can say is times have not really changed as human nature always remain the same. However, the justice system does play a pivotal role in knitting the social fabric.

    If the judges are parental suckers, it can liberate the bad kids to do more harm.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    http://www.corpun.com/sgju9403.htm

    Remember michael Fay? I was in USA during those years. Fay's news was all over the media. When i chat up with a man (total stranger) on the street and told him I came from singapore, he walked forward, shook my hand with both of his hands and said "well done, Singapore! That American kids totally deserved what he did." He felt such kids should be dealt with properly.

    As to local kids, I would still say there is a mix of good and bad ones just like yesteryears. Remember those days with many teens involved in frequent gang fights, religious cult (mediums), and real secret societies for lucrative trades? All i can say is times have not really changed as human nature always remain the same. However, the justice system does play a pivotal role in knitting the social fabric.

    If the judges are parental suckers, it can liberate the bad kids to do more harm.
    did a check on wiki for dear old mickey.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay


    interesting aftermath.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #25
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    wow nice article on wiki...
    i would love to flip the same finger back at the kid... but unfortunately teachers and my superior is nearby so i can't do it...dun think i would wanna stoop to the kid's level of rudeness... i can only settle with being caustic-ly sarcastic to the rude kids without my superior hearing.... : <
    wonder if the kids will grow up after the days of obscenities and rudditities in secondary school and move on to college and poly...

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bt Timah
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    If i am taking photo of that middle finger kid, just develop the photo and give to the school. See how long the boy can laugh...

    Back to the judge scolding teenager issue, I think it is a good touch. One of the replies here said that if u need someone to scold your kid for you, you have failed as a parent. Alot of these kids are supposed to be Beyond Parental Control (BPC) cases where the parents declare to the juvenile court that "hey i can't handle my kid, pls help me" It is a failure of the parents, but more importantly a sign that the parents still care enough to want someone to help them with their kid (the converse of parents simply using BPC as the easy way out is of course possible, but let's not go to that now)

    So alot of parents dun wanna use BPC, cos they fail to recognise the impact of their kid's wrongdoings "let him be lah, he will mature soon" Either that or they paiseh to use BPC cos it will show that they are lousier parents. End of day kena 01 x good one from judge, see which one more paiseh
    Canon: 5DMkIII, 7D, 2470f2.8L, 50f1.8, 70200f2.8L IS II, 430EX II, 600EX
    kineticexpressions.org

  7. #27
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    I'm also waiting...unfortunately the truth of the matter is that judges think they are Gods, not merely judges. Look at how they scold people...parents...kids...lawyers, over things which are not within their purview or jurisdictions.

    In their room, they think they are God :P

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    I await the parent who can rebuke the judge simply by saying that this is a courtroom, not a pulpit, and they are judges who are to pass verdicts and sentences, not give lectures and sermons.

  8. #28
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Unfortunately, this has no legal basis and if the judge wants to add more, he'll simply say its due to the crime. The moment he says its due to your dress or ur parents talking back, thats the end of his credibility as a judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    5) If the kid doesn't dress appropriately or if the parent talks back to the judge, impose 2x the original sentence.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Unfortunately, this has no legal basis and if the judge wants to add more, he'll simply say its due to the crime. The moment he says its due to your dress or ur parents talking back, thats the end of his credibility as a judge.
    Unfortunate that is.

    *Leaves Song Dynasty Kaifeng, returns to 21st century Singapore*

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    http://www.corpun.com/sgju9403.htm

    Remember michael Fay? I was in USA during those years. Fay's news was all over the media. When i chat up with a man (total stranger) on the street and told him I came from singapore, he walked forward, shook my hand with both of his hands and said "well done, Singapore! That American kids totally deserved what he did." He felt such kids should be dealt with properly.

    As to local kids, I would still say there is a mix of good and bad ones just like yesteryears. Remember those days with many teens involved in frequent gang fights, religious cult (mediums), and real secret societies for lucrative trades? All i can say is times have not really changed as human nature always remain the same. However, the justice system does play a pivotal role in knitting the social fabric.

    If the judges are parental suckers, it can liberate the bad kids to do more harm.
    Satanic cults! I remember this from my yester-years when this was the primary concern of parents! Satanic symbols and drawing Star of Davids used to be popular amongst the more Bengish/Lianish guys in my school.

    Ah Bengs and Ah Lians these days care more about "Territory" and "Fashion"

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    wow nice article on wiki...
    i would love to flip the same finger back at the kid... but unfortunately teachers and my superior is nearby so i can't do it...dun think i would wanna stoop to the kid's level of rudeness... i can only settle with being caustic-ly sarcastic to the rude kids without my superior hearing.... : <
    wonder if the kids will grow up after the days of obscenities and rudditities in secondary school and move on to college and poly...
    Huh! During my BMT, all us "Air" level students must learn to use vulgar language, at least once in every sentence. supposed to make us macho and manly and gungho enough to do what a man's got to do!.... Not that I never picked them up in secondary school!

    I learned self-control, and even though I know what they mean, I have never used them...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  12. #32

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I'm also waiting...unfortunately the truth of the matter is that judges think they are Gods, not merely judges. Look at how they scold people...parents...kids...lawyers, over things which are not within their purview or jurisdictions.

    In their room, they think they are God :P
    Haha.. well said. Are you are parent?

    Judges should have only IQ?

  13. #33

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Unfortunately, this has no legal basis and if the judge wants to add more, he'll simply say its due to the crime. The moment he says its due to your dress or ur parents talking back, thats the end of his credibility as a judge.
    Have you being to a court and charged?

  14. #34

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Have you being to a court and charged?
    Have you practised law?

  15. #35

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In their room, they think they are God :P
    They are. Some of them have the power of life and death over individuals.

  16. #36
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Unlike God, such power is not unfortunately arbitrary and not in their absolute discretion.

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    They are. Some of them have the power of life and death over individuals.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Society is such. You do what u need to do to fit in. If not, then u are at the mercy of those who are more "powerful". Good thing in CS we do not discriminate else my newbie tag /my smaller / older / cheaper camera will earn me no favors ... thus need BBB to fit in

  18. #38

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by waileong View Post
    They are. Some of them have the power of life and death over individuals.
    Do we need rules and regulations to run a place?

  19. #39

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Unlike God, such power is not unfortunately arbitrary and not in their absolute discretion.
    Who is GOD?

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Should the Judge be Strict to Juvenile delinguent

    Yappy, you are borderline trolling...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •