Thread: Recommendation of Lens after Kit Lens

Default Recommendation of Lens after Kit Lens

What are the recommendations for a lens , looking to upgrade from the Kit Lens, Mainly use for Day-to-day shooting? Advice much appreciated. Budget wise, justifiable for a Fresh DSLR owner, photographer. Thanks.

Default Re: Recommendation of Lens after Kit Lens

i would suggest tamron 17-50 2.8.

pretty sharp, constant aperture at a decent price. i havent had qualms with my one since i got it months back. only one issue is that, take good care of it. dont knock it around. i dont know if your a cannon or nikon user...but the nikon lense with the similar range and constant aperture (notice i didnt use the word equivalent) is closer to 4 times its price.

this is going about 500 plus 600 and is a pretty good investment.

i know for nikon sigma also has a similar lense however my friend complains to me that the afs is slow. any users who can confirm?
    nikon d700 nikkor 50mm f1.4 nikkor 55mm micro ais f2.8 nikkor 35 f2 sb 600 sb800 leica m4

Ef 17-55 since it's so cheap now which is 1.3k brand new, compared to 6 mths ago which is 1.8k brand new.
    Ef 70-200 F4/2.8L that really have to depend on ur budget.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sexalicious/
    Life starts at the speed of 240km/h

Quote Originally Posted by sexalicious View Post
    Ef 17-55 since it's so cheap now which is 1.3k brand new, compared to 6 mths ago which is 1.8k brand new.
    Ef 70-200 F4/2.8L that really have to depend on ur budget.
    dude u dont even know if he is a canon user. well i just found out he is a nikon user...and didnt he say new dslr owner. dont think he would spend 1.3k on a lense at the moment.

do offence.
    nikon d700 nikkor 50mm f1.4 nikkor 55mm micro ais f2.8 nikkor 35 f2 sb 600 sb800 leica m4

day 2 day shooting, prob u want a 'walk about' lens.

a tele photo between 35~100mm?

you really have to ask yourself what you want to shoot?

cos u might just get frustrated as the lens might not have the capabilities to ur liking due to its limitations. that points to another question: whats ur budget?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeinaday View Post
    What are the recommendations for a lens , looking to upgrade from the Kit Lens, Mainly use for Day-to-day shooting? Advice much appreciated. Budget wise, justifiable for a Fresh DSLR owner, photographer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeinaday View Post
    suggest you stay with the kit lens until you identify an area of shooting that you do day to day that the kit lens can't handle.