Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No bra is the best solution?

Default Re: No bra is the best solution?

Well, you can request the models to remove the straps of their bra (if it is removable) usually i go for strapless bras ... i can't stand the discomfort of the straps.

Or ask them to purchase bras that they are able to remove and put on the straps anytime.

Or maybe they did not know that the straps are removable, you could try asking them to test it out. Most of the bras on retail have that functionality.

This applies to dresses as well, so there is more flexibility involved.

no bra is not a solution. they sag and it will be even worse.

only in Clubsnap...an entire discussion thread about bra straps in photography

or maybe it's just that i don't surf around enough
    Last edited by Stereobox; 8th April 2008 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    In another thread, our "resident" fashion guru has highlighted the problem of bra straps spoiling the look of the images taken by our members here .....

Of course, in an ideal situation, many shooters would prefer a no-bra rule, which would obviously solve some problems, but IMO the quality of portrait images will surely be affected, and also many of our models here are newbies and almost under-aged.
    Now, who should be held responsible for any fashion nightmare in a organised shootout?..... the organiser?, the model? or the photographer?

Maybe some members here would like to give some suggestions as to how these models should choose their clothing, make-up, padded bra, accessories, shoes, hair-styles, etc.
    I think all parties are responsible. Of course, the final hammering will be on the photographer should anything goes wrong... Because the photographer can choose not to shoot if he/she deem that there's something wrong - be it the outfits, bra straps, makeup etc... And can choose to post online for people to hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    Haha, hope I'm not the one started it. This could be the cause - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366481

There's a cantonese saying, 吃得了咸鱼,抵得了渴。

If the model wanted to earn this line of money, then they would have to setup as per requirement. However, they would also have to be mindful, because not everyone will look nice without bra. Haha, if you can imagine what I mean. They just have to be appropriate for the require angle and purpose, while not offending themselves, or make others "vomit".

So, to acquire a good fashion sense is just one of the basic, especially if they are on their own, unless their styling are being sponsed all the times. If a model doesn't know how to make oneself looks beautiful and unique in front of a camera, then why the need to pay high dollars to employ one?

However, on the other hand, every things have its starting point. To become a good model and earn big bucks, would need to accumlate experience, learn, and grow...

Cheers!
    If the model wants to be successful, I think she should first know what is required out of her... Sluggish makeups, sleepy eyes due to lack of sleep because of clubbing the night before, non-fitting outfits, not having the right undergarments etc are some of the usual problem here... IMO, some are just dreaming to be a model without knowing that it takes more than just the looks...

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Instead of you all guys wondering how to solve this bra straps problem, why not asked your female friends or girlfriends on how difficult it is to wear and not to wear a bra.

Mind you there are many types of bra in this market.

Just for your info, Nipple Tapes is a not a bra.

If you do not want to see those straps, you can request the models to get those stick on bra (it's made out of rubber which sticks quite well) but I can tell you it's not the most comfortable they would want to wear.

It's not they do not want but sometimes it can be very inconvienient for them.

Those professional models who models for a living is different level altogether. Those on Clubsnaps are just starting out and just want to have fun. I do not think they will go to that distance unless they are well paid.
    It all depends how far they want to go and their attitude...

I ever done a shoot with one of the models here in CS. One of her outfit was a bare back one. Apparently, bikini, strapless bra, transparent straps all these are no go (which I informed her)... She replied by saying that she doesn't have any nude bra and I asked if she can get it for the shoot. No questions asked, she agreed and understood my point without having me to explain anything. For that, I really have to give a thumbs up...

Before this model, I also did another shoot with another model - it was another barebare outfit. Without having me to mention anything, she also knows the "fashion taboo" very well - nude bra prepared.

Of course, I did face negative situations when the model was wearing white spag top with black bra showing... Maybe to a typical testosterone driven male, it may look good because it may make imagination goes wild abit, but it is a "fashion taboo"... The shoot was a no go and immediately called off the shoot...

Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    it's the responsibility of the artistic director of the shoot (in these cases, you the photographer) to ensure what needs to show and what not.

Don't want bra strap showing, either ask the model to go without or for whatever reason need to wear one, make sure it's doesn't show. You would have arranged before the shoot on the attire and naturally, request the model to wear something appropriate for it.. be it strapless, low cut or bare back..

For the models, it would be good for them to have various if they do not already.. most girls I know do anyway..

and for the photographer, to ensure.. remember if the models doesn't have the bra to compliment the outfit, I'm sure the attire can be changed to suit the bra.. there are more solutions to just going braless..

professionalism goes both way..
    I agreed that it is a good to have for the models. I would say it is an investment for them if they really want to be in this line...

Quote Originally Posted by AverRal View Post
    Well, you can request the models to remove the straps of their bra (if it is removable) usually i go for strapless bras ... i can't stand the discomfort of the straps.

Or ask them to purchase bras that they are able to remove and put on the straps anytime.

Or maybe they did not know that the straps are removable, you could try asking them to test it out. Most of the bras on retail have that functionality.

This applies to dresses as well, so there is more flexibility involved.
    Sounds like a good option... But for my above cases, strapless wouldn't work either and that includes the spag top one, because the back was quite low and can see the bra...

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    no bra is not a solution. they sag and it will be even worse.
    Agreed... Even if it doesn't sag, I also don't want to have the nipples to be shown. It only makes me have to edit them off... Some of the fashion shows which featured models walking down the runway without bra and it spolit my pictures because if I don't edit them off, the pictures may just be leeched into undesirable websites...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

next time organiser should even list down, strapped, strapless, nudebra, nothing...

wt...

actually straps can be accessories as well, some are interchangable... so you can add special straps if you like something different.

*i dun sell bras, but i go with gfs to shop and buy them... (sion, i know wat u thinking liao..., guess we dun OT ok)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

My comments to this situation is to wear appropriately to the theme, attire without destroying the image as required. With or without doesn't matter, but the subject need to excersie professionalism if proposed. I do have bad exprienced where the image not so good because the bra is too big.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

It just occurs to me that probably the best solution is in our hand, or should i say in his hand ...... our "resident" fashion guru has this uncanny idea of providing little or no blouse to his beautiful models (he believes in less is more) ..... and the result is his pretty images. This is like killing a few birds with one stone ....... now, where can I find places to shoot with his concept
    always the Light, .... always.

It just occurs to me that probably the best solution is in our hand, or should i say in his hand ...... our "resident" fashion guru has this uncanny idea of providing little or no blouse to his beautiful models (he believes in less is more) ..... and the result is his pretty images. This is like killing a few birds with one stone ....... now, where can I find places to shoot with his concept
    Your House?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Your House?
    haha .... very funny
    never see how ppl pluck feathers from a bird? .....first you put it in boiling water for a while, then the plucking begins ...
    always the Light, .... always.

haha .... very funny
    never see how ppl pluck feathers from a bird? .....first you put it in boiling water for a while, then the plucking begins ...
    Aiyo, why must pluck feathers.....latest technology boil until the feathers drop!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

well, mind saying who the "resident" fashion guru? lazy to use the search engine.

btw, u seem like really like to find issues to hoot everyone...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well, mind saying who the "resident" fashion guru? lazy to use the search engine.

btw, u seem like really like to find issues to hoot everyone...
    I think i know who.
    Can i give a shot without incurring infraction/ban?

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    I think i know who.
    Can i give a shot without incurring infraction/ban?
    i ask, u say, i give infraction for wat?

anyway, question throw back to canonised... y he like to target people...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Our "resident" fashion guru is also our "Resident Bra Strap Design Engineer".

You don't know meh?

I think once he won the Singapore Design Award for the environmentally friendly bra - Coconut Shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Our "resident" fashion guru is also our "Resident Bra Strap Design Engineer".

You don't know meh?

I think once he won the Singapore Design Award for the environmentally friendly bra - Coconut Shells.
    siang?... i only know the lens cap 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    only in Clubsnap...an entire discussion thread about bra straps in photography

or maybe it's just that i don't surf around enough
    Well, photography is about LIFE.

And LIFE for some photographers revolves around bra.

Just wear a strapless bra... I bet they just wanna be careful during photoshoots. When they are out with friends, they wear tube top or whatsoever with a strapless bra! Its not going to fall for sure.

For stick on bra, one advise, if doing outdoor shoot under hot sun and you know you're gonna sweat, be careful

Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Just wear a strapless bra... I bet they just wanna be careful during photoshoots. When they are out with friends, they wear tube top or whatsoever with a strapless bra! Its not going to fall for sure.

For stick on bra, one advise, if doing outdoor shoot under hot sun and you know you're gonna sweat, be careful
    so what will happen leh? two become four izit??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

next time those who wear strap bra wil be punish to strip off it then we can shoot topless or with those outer layer outfits only, think the orgainser must take this into consider and which photographers will be there. if masters and gurus there ask the girls to better strip off it if not post here sure kana knock head.....
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

haha .... very funny
    so which mean we got to heat up the girls to do the plucking
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast