Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No bra is the best solution?

Default No bra is the best solution?

In another thread, our "resident" fashion guru has highlighted the problem of bra straps spoiling the look of the images taken by our members here .....

Of course, in an ideal situation, many shooters would prefer a no-bra rule, which would obviously solve some problems, but IMO the quality of portrait images will surely be affected, and also many of our models here are newbies and almost under-aged.
    Now, who should be held responsible for any fashion nightmare in a organised shootout?..... the organiser?, the model? or the photographer?

Maybe some members here would like to give some suggestions as to how these models should choose their clothing, make-up, padded bra, accessories, shoes, hair-styles, etc.
    always the Light, .... always.

Default No bra is the best solution?

sori .... repeat post.
    Last edited by Canonised; 8th April 2008 at 08:30 AM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: No bra is the best solution?

better straps than saggy boobs!

how about arranging the bra straps properly so they don't show? i remember when i was young, showing your bra-straps was a no-no.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Get the stick on loh.
    it's some small little thing which is stick onto the nipples and done!

shoot male model, problem solved.

shoot pre teen model, problem solved.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

vince123123
    Guests

Dont see any issue with being underaged. I think a lot of people here have too many taboo with the word "underaged". There is no law and no legal liability in photography of what people consider to be "underaged" models.

dun shoot is the best
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    dun shoot is the best
    So extreme meh?
    tangs vivocity sell those 'stick on'

Haha, hope I'm not the one started it. This could be the cause - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366481

There's a cantonese saying, 吃得了咸鱼,抵得了渴。

If the model wanted to earn this line of money, then they would have to setup as per requirement. However, they would also have to be mindful, because not everyone will look nice without bra. Haha, if you can imagine what I mean. They just have to be appropriate for the require angle and purpose, while not offending themselves, or make others "vomit".

So, to acquire a good fashion sense is just one of the basic, especially if they are on their own, unless their styling are being sponsed all the times. If a model doesn't know how to make oneself looks beautiful and unique in front of a camera, then why the need to pay high dollars to employ one?

However, on the other hand, every things have its starting point. To become a good model and earn big bucks, would need to accumlate experience, learn, and grow...

Cheers!
    Last edited by cheeseme; 8th April 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    So extreme meh?
    tangs vivocity sell those 'stick on'
    when they dun even take it serious enough to take care of themselves
    ask yrself what is the R.O.I
    especially if u need to teach them and to take care of their wardrobe and paid to shoot them ...
    Last edited by eow; 8th April 2008 at 12:08 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

it's a matter of fashion sense. bra-straps are now considered a 'fashion accessory', and they come in different colours and patterns.

so, the important question is, are you spending your money wisely?

i never really understood why people paid good money for such shoots anyway...anyone care to help me here?
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

it how the photog pose the model, it can be done in a fashion sense like hold on the strap etc
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    when they dun even take it serious enough to take care of themselves
    ask yrself what is the R.O.I
    especially if u need to teach them and to take care of their wardrobe and paid to shoot them ...
    dam i wrote a whol chuck but the page dissappear

First thing first,the model should make known to the photographer what outfit she is going to be clad in during the shoot and approval is subjected to photographer especially if it's a paid shoot.
    I don't have trouble with fashion shoot mainly because i'm roughly the same age as these models and having seen how female friends around me dress,it gives me idea to work on.
    Of course,i'm speaking for myself and it could be very different from how older photographers think which i would attribute it to the generation gap between.

The biggest problem with bra strap and dress strap is that most bra straps are wider than the dress straps and it just doesn't help that the bra straps are usually quite contrasty when compared to the colour of the dress/dress straps which results in it being prominient.

My suggest would be to have the model wear a white tube inside instead of a bra strap.
    Of course,getting those 'stick on' is another alternative.
    Last edited by yamapi; 8th April 2008 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Get the stick on loh.
    it's some small little thing which is stick onto the nipples and done!
    Now whose job is to stick it?

The photographer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Now whose job is to stick it?

The photographer?
    Who put the bra on for the model?
    model does it herself right?
    then?

The organizer should make sure that all the wardrobe / accessories / makeup match the suggested theme. He/She should check or advise the models. How many photographers (customers) actually check on what the models going to wear before the shoot? For private shoot, I believe all the photographers will do the check. However for group shoot, I believe the organizer simply tell the models what to wear without checking (I might be wrong).

Sometime showing the bra strip might look good or sexy (for me). However, one thing I can't stand is over size clothes or poor makeup (especially mascara).
    Visit me at minioldman.com.

Instead of you all guys wondering how to solve this bra straps problem, why not asked your female friends or girlfriends on how difficult it is to wear and not to wear a bra.

Mind you there are many types of bra in this market.

Just for your info, Nipple Tapes is a not a bra.

If you do not want to see those straps, you can request the models to get those stick on bra (it's made out of rubber which sticks quite well) but I can tell you it's not the most comfortable they would want to wear.

It's not they do not want but sometimes it can be very inconvienient for them.

Those professional models who models for a living is different level altogether. Those on Clubsnaps are just starting out and just want to have fun. I do not think they will go to that distance unless they are well paid.

it's the responsibility of the artistic director of the shoot (in these cases, you the photographer) to ensure what needs to show and what not.

Don't want bra strap showing, either ask the model to go without or for whatever reason need to wear one, make sure it's doesn't show. You would have arranged before the shoot on the attire and naturally, request the model to wear something appropriate for it.. be it strapless, low cut or bare back..

For the models, it would be good for them to have various if they do not already.. most girls I know do anyway..

and for the photographer, to ensure.. remember if the models doesn't have the bra to compliment the outfit, I'm sure the attire can be changed to suit the bra.. there are more solutions to just going braless..

professionalism goes both way..
    Last edited by viix; 8th April 2008 at 01:30 AM.

try stick on Nude bra. or the taiwanese call it Nu bra. =)) It's good, but models might have self consious that it might fall off. espeacially when the morning sun shines down, and they start perspiring. ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast