Thread: Sandisk - do I need receipt for warranty?

Default Sandisk - do I need receipt for warranty?

Just curious as I realized I didn't get a receipt for my Extreme III 4GB HCSD from the shop. Do I need the receipt for warranty, or they just go by serial number, since it's limited lifetime warranty?

Default Re: Sandisk - do I need receipt for warranty?

Better go back an get one..

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    Just curious as I realized I didn't get a receipt for my Extreme III 4GB HCSD from the shop. Do I need the receipt for warranty, or they just go by serial number, since it's limited lifetime warranty?
    Yes u'll need the receipt. Though u can register your Sandisk products online, u'll still ned the receipt as proof of purchase.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

OK thanks, will go back and get it. Cheers!

Like Snoweagle said, you need to show them the receipt. I had the experience when mine needed to send back to Sandisk.

IMO, better keep a receipt. With so many 'fakey' sandisk floating ard the market, you just cannot be sure.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

In fact any product u buy, be sure to have the receipt as proof of purchase cos warranty cards anyone can just fill in any date, so the receipt is the only way to verify the purchase date. I always keep my receipts until warranty expires.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

So those who purchase the "free gift" from others purchase in sales event, even if the item is original, without the receipt is it as good as NO warranty?
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

Quote Originally Posted by rvxing View Post
    So those who purchase the "free gift" from others purchase in sales event, even if the item is original, without the receipt is it as good as NO warranty?
    Not true. If it's a free gift, the product which u bought the receipt should indicate that it's a free gift, then that receipt is your proof of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Not true. If it's a free gift, the product which u bought the receipt should indicate that it's a free gift, then that receipt is your proof of purchase.
    The receipt is kept by the original buyer, you buy the "free gift" from that person, so NO original receipt or even photocopied. Sometime you don't get the warranty card too. You can find many this kind of sales in BnS.

By the way, for those who keep the original receipt and if it is the thermal paper type, it will fade to nothing in 2-3 yrs time, so how to proof if the item failed after that.
    Last edited by rvxing; 8th April 2008 at 11:23 PM.

The receipt is kept by the original buyer, you buy the "free gift" from that person, so NO original receipt or even photocopied. Sometime you don't get the warranty card too. You can find many this kind of sales in BnS.

By the way, for those who keep the original receipt and if it is the thermal paper type, it will fade to nothing in 2-3 yrs time, so how to proof if the item failed after that.
    I always get reciepts for my freebies.. Usually says for eg

Ultra II 2GB ... $49.99
    Current Freebie ... -$49.99
    Subtotal ... $0
    Meow!

I also always have a receipt that states that the product is a free gift from the main purchase. Why get the thermal paper type? Just a normal piece of paper will do. Mine all doesn't fade even after many years of keeping it inside my drawer.

I think you guys miss the point. If you are the original buyer of the equipment and the free gift is stated in the receipt, it is perfectly fine, no issue with warranty.

The problem arises when one buys someone else "free gift" for example from the Buy and Sales forum, the original buyer who sell the "free gift" will not give the original receipt to you as he/she needs it for himself/herself. The seller may not even give you a photo copied of the receipt. So, if receipt is a MUST on top of then warranty card, then the buyer of the free gift is buying the item without warranty regardless of how many years the manufacturer provides.

Was told by a HK friend, that one don't even need to show the warranty card for Nikon product because the shop who sell the product will register the item for you by the serial #. So, by checking the serial # in their database, Nikon will know whether the item is within warranty.

Singapore distributors and product manufacturers should learn from other country, this is called customer service.

I think you guys miss the point. If you are the original buyer of the equipment and the free gift is stated in the receipt, it is perfectly fine, no issue with warranty.

The problem arises when one buys someone else "free gift" for example from the Buy and Sales forum, the original buyer who sell the "free gift" will not give the original receipt to you as he/she needs it for himself/herself. The seller may not even give you a photo copied of the receipt. So, if receipt is a MUST on top of then warranty card, then the buyer of the free gift is buying the item without warranty regardless of how many years the manufacturer provides.

Was told by a HK friend, that one don't even need to show the warranty card for Nikon product because the shop who sell the product will register the item for you by the serial #. So, by checking the serial # in their database, Nikon will know whether the item is within warranty.

Singapore distributors and product manufacturers should learn from other country, this is called customer service.
    If u're buying in places such as BnS, obviously right? In general that's a place for 2nd hand goods mostly.

Yes some shops do that for u but whether to produce receipt as proof of purchase depends on the service centre here. U also can't expect Singapore to follow suit all the time cos it's very subjective, then like that u might as well buy at that country and send it back there for servicing.

just my 2 cents, kingston (lifetime warranty) u dont need receipt and its 1 to 1 exchange + their service centre really good service

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledversace View Post
    just my 2 cents, kingston (lifetime warranty) u dont need receipt and its 1 to 1 exchange + their service centre really good service
    But TS is quoting abt Sandisk mah.