View Poll Results: Is it wise for Man United to sell off Beckham???

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEAH !!!!!

17 25.37%
  • Nahz .....

8 11.94%
  • Who give a damn about it?

42 62.69%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Selling Beckham ???

Originally posted by xin
    Latest News at 3.10am:

Yeeaahh..... He is sold to Real Madrid....

Read this Article

Posted on soccernet and written by John Brewin, it gives a pretty decent account of the reasons behind Beckham's departure...

Fare thee well David.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 18th June 2003 at 07:43 AM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

If U are thinking that I must be a Man Utd hater.... U are wrong....
    I am not a fan of any club... but I like the way Man Utd plays.... coz they play attractive football..... unlike teams that play 10 men behind ball and pumping the ball up for one man to chase, which is damn boring..... It may give the desired results... but gives little entertainment value to the spectators.....
    Man Utd, Real Madrid and a few other teams are the only reason why I would stay up at 3 plus in the morning or sacrifice my weekend nights to watch them play...
    I dun bother if the other teams play... especially Italian teams.... who play boring and defensive football.... often winning juz 1-0 or drawing 0-0..... The classic European Cup Final this year is a good example.....

Selling Beckham... I will see it as a positive step for the club... which intents to buy quality players at much cheaper prices.....
    To me... Beckham is over-rated.... and to cash in on him now is really sensible... coz Man Utd would stand to lose him for nothing when his contract runs out 2 years later..... Beckham already said he wished to move abroad after that contract.....
    To those fans who said they will deflect their allegience to other clubs coz of the departure of Beckham.... I think its perfectly fine coz they are not the true fans of the club.... but juz the fan of a player....
    No player is bigger than the club.... if he thinks his balls is bigger than the rest.... it will be good for the club for him to go... no matter how good he is....

eh wolfie,

dont lah be so sad, nows-adays got cable, you can still catch him in the Spanish league, not like last time, when the moment any player is transferred outside of EPL, then they drop out of the radar screen for good...

Goodbye Beckham, Welcome Ronaldinho

Originally posted by fruitybix
    eh wolfie,

dont lah be so sad, nows-adays got cable, you can still catch him in the Spanish league, not like last time, when the moment any player is transferred outside of EPL, then they drop out of the radar screen for good...
    but the thing is tat i dun even have cable at home ... ~~ haiz ...

Think I will do wat they often did in this forum....

BUY BUY BUY.......

Dun worry... U can still catch him on Champions League matches....

Originally posted by xin

No player is bigger than the club.... if he thinks his balls is bigger than the rest.... it will be good for the club for him to go... no matter how good he is....

do u all think tat Man United betrayed him as wat George Best said ????

Originally posted by West_ray
    do u all think tat Man United betrayed him as wat George Best said ????

ManU today, and ManU 20 years ago, is certainly very different.

Now, fooball is BIG MONEY. This explains why all the big brands are there, which coupled with "Live" telecasts worldwide produce an insatiable appetite for more merchandising and sales.

Let's face it: Beckham (and any other hotshot players, for that matter) made as much use of the fame at ManU, as the team made off him: Both team and player benefitted financially from each other.

So it is not as simple as to say ManU "betrayed" Becks. The whole concept of soccer today is as much about advertising, as it is about passion. but it sometimes seem there is a lot more advertising than passion going on.

I would say they collectively turned soccer into nothing more than a money-generating cash cow, and both are really products of a syndrome: not soccer-mania, but money-mania.

Football is a sport.
    Football Club is a business.

not sold yet....have to sign on the dotted line on july 2.

regards
    my flickr account

latest news this morning is tat Man U will accept any offers that Real offer lehz ... coWz

haiz ... suddenly feeling abit sad lehz .... dunno y ...

Yo Westie, dont be sad

I am thinking who will ManU get, and what kind of formation they will be playing now that Becks is gone. There is still a lot to English soccer, you know..

My guess - ManU will buy Ronaldhino for 10-11m , wearing shirt No. 7 and spend the remaining for Harry Kewell.

Once Kewell is settled, ManU might sell Giggs to Juventus during Jan'04. (transfer window re-open)

Originally posted by wong_se
    My guess - ManU will buy Ronaldhino for 10-11m , wearing shirt No. 7 and spend the remaining for Harry Kewell.

Once Kewell is settled, ManU might sell Giggs to Juventus during Jan'04. (transfer window re-open)
    I really wish that Ronaldhino will play at ManU, but i seriously doubt that the transfer will cost only 10-11M...

according to yesterday mardrain paper ... Ronaldhino (dunno how to spell) said he also interested to join Real ... ... dunno real or not ...

Originally posted by West_ray
    who u all referring to ? izzit tat ex Liverpool Steve Mcmananam (sorry dunno how to spell) ... ???
    Hehehe... I thought they were talking about Nicholas Anelka

Originally posted by Stoppable
    Hehehe... I thought they were talking about Nicholas Anelka
    hahah ... i almost forgot there's a player called Nicholas Anelka ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast