Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is Anfield! Liverpool Football Club Thread 19! Huat Ah!

Default Re: This Is Anfield! Liverpool Football Club Thread 19! Huat Ah!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    As long as Rafa is around, the moment will last longer in anyway u see it

I am not counting chickens yet. I only take 1 game at a time and then move on

At the rate u guys chant for the teams to buang mathematically LFC still has chance to win this yr EPL
    on the contrary,i think RB will bring us the english championship...not others...he just need to be consistent in his selection of players...

Co-owner Hicks demands Parry resignation

Liverpool's season of boardroom turmoil took another astonishing turn today when co-owner Tom Hicks asked for the resignation of chief executive Rick Parry.

It is believed that a letter arrived at Anfield today - just 48 hours after Liverpool's triumphant passage into the Champions League semi-finals - demanding Parry's departure.
    Parry is currently in London at a Premier League meeting but he has been made aware of the communication and is expected to refuse to quit by return of post.

This shock move from the Dallas-based co-owner is just another twist in the embarrassing saga over control of the club, which reached a peak last month when talks between Hicks and Dubai International Capital broke down.

Hicks was in London last week and watched both the Liverpool matches against Arsenal at the Emirates.

But on Tuesday, Hicks was back in Dallas watching his Texas Rangers' baseball team while co-owner George Gillett was shown on TV world-wide sitting next to Parry in the Liverpool directors' box.

They were watching boss Rafael Benitez's team beat Arsenal 4-2 to progress into another semi-final showdown with Chelsea later this month.

And this current development does nothing for the stability of the club ahead of Benitez's attempts to reach a third European Cup final in four years.

Gillett's son Foster was also in attendance on Tuesday, as was Hicks' son Tom Jnr, both sons also being directors of the club.

And it is also believed that Liverpool fans groups have received e-mails telling them that Hicks wants Parry out.

However, with the club ownership split 50-50 between the two Americans, Hicks would not have been able to have got sanction for Parry's dismissal, hence the letter received at Anfield today.

Hicks was believed to have been enraged by Parry's interview recently on BBC Five Live in which the chief executive pleaded with both co-owners to end the war between them and come to an agreement that would allow the club to move forward.

It was Parry who was largely involved in bringing Gillett to the club 18 months ago, with the American bringing in Hicks for financial muscle to get the deal through.

At that point DIC believed they were on the brink of buying former chairman David Moores' majority holding, only for the deal to collapse at the last minute when Moores - now life vice-president and still a board member - changed his mind.

Since then DIC have patiently worked towards a deal to buy out both Americans. It is believed that Gillett has agreed to sell his stake, but refuses to sell those shares to Hicks.
    However, Hicks spent time last week in London trying to raise capital to buy Gillett's shares and to re-finance loans on his own sports empire.

He will soon be expected to come up with further loans to fund the building of Liverpool's new stadium.

The relationship between Gillett and Hicks has spectacularly broken down, with Parry at times finding himself in the middle trying to run the club effectively on a day-to-day basis.
    Now Hicks' camp clearly believe that Parry is siding with Gillett as the uproar rumbles on, which has prompted the request for his resignation.

The Gillett-Hicks feud has prompted DIC to publicly declare they will make no attempt to make a fresh bid for Liverpool until the two 'sort out their problems.

DIC chief executive Sameer Al Ansari admitted the consortium would 'still love to own' Liverpool and will 'continue to be interested' in the club.

But, in an interview with Arabian Business magazine, to be published this Sunday, he said: 'You have two partners who do not see eye to eye. And we decided that we pull out completely.

'Let them sort out their problems.'

He added: 'We will continue to be interested and would love to own the club but we are not going to put ourselves in a difficult situation where we make the investment but we have no control over the destiny of the club and we cannot influence the success of the club.

'Unfortunately, the terms that have been put on the table do not allow us to do that.'

From Soccernet...

Oh my god...not again....

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    mathematically,i think even everton can still win the epl if all the teams above them lose all their games...

cannot lah, they are 17 points behind manu leh
    unless all teams above them buang all their games, and manu kena docked points

on the contrary,i think RB will bring us the english championship...not others...he just need to be consistent in his selection of players...

yalor, and use a true winger instead of some wonderful right winger
    and strangely, some fans think he was the MOTM http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...80410-1012.htm

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    cannot lah, they are 17 points behind manu leh
    unless all teams above them buang all their games, and manu kena docked points
    haha,paiseh,didnt really count...5 games left if win all still only 15 point lah...

yalor, and use a true winger instead of some wonderful right winger
    and strangely, some fans think he was the MOTM http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...80410-1012.htm
    for all his lacking in term of passing & goal scoring,his workrate is high...u have to give him credit for that...

for all his lacking in term of passing & goal scoring,his workrate is high...u have to give him credit for that...

that's why he should be right back, can even cover more distance
    manu should really sign him to replace gary never

wa so much drama from the boardroom!

com'on LFC fans! buy over the club n appoint me as gaffer n i will promise u all that i will sell dirty kite first n foremost!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

that's why he should be right back, can even cover more distance
    manu should really sign him to replace gary never
    10000000% tokkin abt dirty kite. i dun haf to read the earlier post becos u say he shud b right back with work rate high

haha

dirty kite's our wonder player with the wonderful rugby kick!

i gif him 2 mandarin oranges during chinese new year la.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    As long as Rafa is around, the moment will last longer in anyway u see it

I am not counting chickens yet. I only take 1 game at a time and then move on

At the rate u guys chant for the teams to buang mathematically LFC still has chance to win this yr EPL
    wait lor

u oso waited some 20yrs to see manu win the EPL mah.

some things haf to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    10000000% tokkin abt dirty kite. i dun haf to read the earlier post becos u say he shud b right back with work rate high

haha

That's why u should be gaffer, truly understand the fans!
    I can be your assistant when u need to kpkb at rubbish players

That's why u should be gaffer, truly understand the fans!
    I can be your assistant when u need to kpkb at rubbish players
    yes!!! i mux lead us back to GLORY!

haha

dont play play. his rugby kick set up babel for the final nail in arse's coffin

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    dont play play. his rugby kick set up babel for the final nail in arse's coffin
    he can be our play-making right wingback.

some say he beta than dani alves n rafinha.

If you watch the last goal from Babel, Fabregas pulled Babel's shirt just before he took the shot. It's actually looked like as if Fabregas helped Babel steady himself such that he could slot the ball into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    If you watch the last goal from Babel, Fabregas pulled Babel's shirt just before he took the shot. It's actually looked like as if Fabregas helped Babel steady himself such that he could slot the ball into the net.
    fattygas, bendter n senderos joining LFC next season.

fattygas, bendter n senderos joining LFC next season.
    er, i dont think they qualify hor. let them stay at arse so we can beat arse all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    er, i dont think they qualify hor. let them stay at arse so we can beat arse all the time.
    our spies.

can see tat they will go all out to humtum manu tis wkend.

swee.

our spies.

can see tat they will go all out to humtum manu tis wkend.

swee.

yeah, must think long term mah. than also make sure got spies inside manure and chelski as well.