Thread: Shipping from the US

Default Shipping from the US

Hello!

Does anyone know if there's a reliable (tried and tested?) way of getting stuff from the US to Singapore?

Im sure the story has been said before, but basically want to buy a lens online but they only ship to the US, but the savings are so high that I really think that if i can get it shipped from the States to Singapore it'd be worth it. Are there companies that do that?

Thanks

Default Re: Shipping from the US

Can try sign up for vpost to ship items from states to singapore. But make sure you do the math on shipment.

The alternative for me is to ask my friends who travels to US on and off for work and conferences to bring in for me.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by theroo View Post
    Hello!

Does anyone know if there's a reliable (tried and tested?) way of getting stuff from the US to Singapore?

Im sure the story has been said before, but basically want to buy a lens online but they only ship to the US, but the savings are so high that I really think that if i can get it shipped from the States to Singapore it'd be worth it. Are there companies that do that?

Thanks
    There are forwarding/shipping companies like, vPost, that will receive, repack and ship an item you purchase from the US to SG. However, if you're buying from eBay, make sure you write to the seller first and ask them whether they will ship to the forwarding company; most, >90% will not.

Also, bear in mind that you may still have to pay the 7% GST if the custom officers are alert.

_

IIRC, B&H ship to singapore, they are quite reliable eh?

Sometimes your super savings may translate to horror stores..

That said, you can use vpost forwarding.
    Meow!

Actually vpost does not repack your items.

After paying a fair bit because the seller packed books with large volumetric package, i called vpost if they can repack my items in a more economical manner, and apparently they do not do that.

Ryan

Vpost is a better option.