Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAKE sandisk cards floating around in Clubsnap

Default Re: FAKE sandisk cards floating around in Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    can't believe I got an infraction for this phrase. I was praising the admins for going beyond the required duties!
    I always feel that caveat emptor is best.
    how can anyone expect mods/admins to screen thru the products to make sure they are not buying fakes??

anyway be forewarned
    guess EVERYONE is in a touchy mood dun risk it by sarcasm here intended or unintended
    C'est La Vie, be an arse and people will be one back to you.

Acting all innocent now is just making you look even more like a muppet, so please, keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    C'est La Vie, be an arse and people will be one back to you.

Acting all innocent now is just making you look even more like a muppet, so please, keep going!
    well ur arse-umption is wrong.
    I stand by my stand think wat u will
    C'est La Vie, moi pense que son cheval est âne

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    well ur arse-umption is wrong.
    I stand by my stand think wat u will
    C'est La Vie, moi pense que son cheval est âne
    Haha, well someone does know there french dont they.

Arnt you a smart one

Take it easy, fellas. I for one think that this could've been a misunderstanding. Typed words are easy to misinterpret. Let's deal with the issue at hand.

Gotta pity the MO starter though. He's probably only the middle man, and if anyone's gonna get burned big time, it could be him. There are a lot of shady suppliers out there who make use of resellers to push their counterfeit products. However, to be brutally frank, the seller will still have to take some responsibility should the SanDisk cards be proven conclusively to be fakes.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    There is no need to take this tone.

Just to highlight, I received 3 pieces of the 8GB cards, and they did turn out to be fake, however the MO organiser has been very apologetic and gone out of his way to give me a full refund straight away. So lets not be too harsh on them. It could just be a sincere mistake.

Thanks to the admins for taking such actions. Very professional

Hope everyone who has a problem gets it sorted out quickly without issue.
    I had asked the person who sold it to me to ask the seller to refund us the money but that seller said it's not refundable should I just go straight to the seller or ask the person who sold it to me to approach him? Please advice, thanks.
    Canon EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS, 70-200L F2.8 USM, 50 F1.4 USM & 580EX

Quote Originally Posted by oceanloverm View Post
    I had asked the person who sold it to me to ask the seller to refund us the money but that seller said it's not refundable should I just go straight to the seller or ask the person who sold it to me to approach him? Please advice, thanks.
    Suggest you settle with the personal whom you dealt with, what he gotta do with the card is his business. Unless the seller bought from a shop and gave you the receipt.
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

It is sad that something like this has happened, it is a step back for e-commerce.
    Buyers should always exercise their rights by asking and reconfirming before they part with
    their hard earned money. Read offers carefully!
    Most times the sellers are as mentioned the middle men who bear the brunt of criticisms of
    their cheeky suppliers. So please be understanding and exercise some restraint in being overly
    critical All things are always better resolved with the cooperation and patience of all
    parties involved.

Its free to SMILE!
    Live! Messenger nic at dealuseek.com | visit us @ dealUseek.com | email sales (at) dealuseek.com

vince123123
    Guests

Actually I'm not sure if a lot of pity should be given. A middle man's keep is earned by undertaking such risks, that is the reason how he earns his profits. Not sure if he can/should conveniently shift risk to the supplier.

Anyway just to share that under the law, I do not think that the middleman is not able to shift copyright/tm/patent infringement to the supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Gotta pity the MO starter though. He's probably only the middle man, and if anyone's gonna get burned big time, it could be him. There are a lot of shady suppliers out there who make use of resellers to push their counterfeit products. However, to be brutally frank, the seller will still have to take some responsibility should the SanDisk cards be proven conclusively to be fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Take it easy, fellas. I for one think that this could've been a misunderstanding. Typed words are easy to misinterpret. Let's deal with the issue at hand.

I believe the MO organiser doesnt actually have the intention to cheat as well.

However he/she was probably greedy and tempted by the very cheap rates which the cards can be supplied to him/her and the possibility of making a quick buck.

But on the other hand, its seems rather weird to think that he/she didnt suspect anything or even tried using the cards to see the very obvious difference in performance.

I tink he/she should be careful of legal repercussions for now. Scandisk might be taking actions to prevent their reputation from going any further down.

As a consumer, i would generally avoid scandisk cards for a good while now..

Currently on an only kingston and transcend platform..

Quote Originally Posted by XC Pictorial View Post
    I believe the MO organiser doesnt actually have the intention to cheat as well.

However he/she was probably greedy and tempted by the very cheap rates which the cards can be supplied to him/her and the possibility of making a quick buck.

But on the other hand, its seems rather weird to think that he/she didnt suspect anything or even tried using the cards to see the very obvious difference in performance.

I tink he/she should be careful of legal repercussions for now. Scandisk might be taking actions to prevent their reputation from going any further down.

As a consumer, i would generally avoid scandisk cards for a good while now..

Currently on an only kingston and transcend platform..

I have noticed that there are some whom enquired on the definition of use of "OEM", while others enquiried the 1 year warranty status in the thread itself. While many have read them, they failed to read between the lines.

"If it is too good to be true, then it aint gotta be true!" The buyers have got to be partly responsible as well since it is not possible for the price to differ as much as half, compared to the recent IT show prices.

If there's no demand, there'll be no supply.

Blog Entries

fake cards have been in the market for years, we all know the retail price,
    so buyer beware

if you google it, you can get many reports from a couple of years back
    and how to spot the difference as well

my advice is, before you decide to part with your money
    always do your homework

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    fake cards have been in the market for years, we all know the retail price,
    so buyer beware

if you google it, you can get many reports from a couple of years back
    and how to spot the difference as well

my advice is, before you decide to part with your money
    always do your homework
    Actually I am wodering, why is it that people can spend thousands of dollars to get the best lens available (judging from the number of L lens in Canon community), but when it comes to memory card, they would want to save that few dollars even to the extends of taking the risk of fakes?
    Canon 20D,400D,5QD | 17-40mm F4L | 50 f1.8 |100 f2 | 200 f2.8L | 70-210 f3.5-4.5 | 580EX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LancerCK View Post
    Actually I am wodering, why is it that people can spend thousands of dollars to get the best lens available (judging from the number of L lens in Canon community), but when it comes to memory card, they would want to save that few dollars even to the extends of taking the risk of fakes?
    i also don't know
    i buy original only or cheap skate brand but also original

Quote Originally Posted by LancerCK View Post
    same reason why ppl can spend tens of thousands on BMW lexus mercedes.. hell even toyota. but wanna save $1 on parking coupons.

perhaps when the answer is found there will be world peace

So far i notice there are lots of fake Sandisk in the market. Anyone have any idea whether are there any fake Lexar in the market too?

Quote Originally Posted by sammedia View Post
    So far i notice there are lots of fake Sandisk in the market. Anyone have any idea whether are there any fake Lexar in the market too?
    http://www.smartcomputing.com/editor...02%2F10s02.asp

Don’t Become A Victim

Our research found that counterfeiters create phony versions of memory cards from nearly all the major manufacturers, so there’s no guarantee any particular brand of memory card is immune to counterfeiters. Stick with a retailer you trust, and if you’re looking for a bargain on an online auction site, double-check the sellers’ ratings and ask for a serial number, so you can call the manufacturer and verify the products’ authenticity before you purchase.

by Nathan Lake

sigh guess not yet doesn't mean never.

Here is the definition of OEM taken from SearchITchannel.com:

1) Originally, an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) was a company that supplied equipment to other companies to resell or incorporate into another product using the reseller's brand name. For example, a maker of refrigerators like Frigidaire might sell its refrigerators to a retailer like Sears to resell under a brand name owned by Sears. A number of companies, both equipment suppliers and equipment resellers, still use this meaning.

2) More recently, OEM is used to refer to the company that acquires a product or component and reuses or incorporates it into a new product with its own brand name.

I think there may be an intentional or unintentional reason to deceive the buyer that it is OEM when actually it is a fake trying to look like the original.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Many times on the web, on Froogle.com or Dealnews.com, I see deals that look very tempting, and I have occasionally thought of organizing MOs here for my fellow clubsnappers, strictly in my capacity as an enthusiast trying to help his bros (and sisters too). I'm glad I did not, for I could very much have ended up as the monkey-in-the-middle middleman for fake goods.

Many of the above posts are right; no one in his right mind would buy a Canon 'L' lens or a Nikon D300 grey market camera that is offered at a huge discount of 30-40%. So why do we fall for these low priced items like CF cards? Maybe it is because the dollars involved are few, and our greed overcomes our fears when its only a few bucks at stake...

The lesson here is

I was nearly to buy from the MO too but Price Too Good To Be True and I prefer
    warranty from original distro, so I settled for a cheaper version, Transcend..

Quote Originally Posted by donchua View Post
    I was nearly to buy from the MO too but Price Too Good To Be True and I prefer
    warranty from original distro, so I settled for a cheaper version, Transcend..
    fyi
    the difference in brands for memory devices AFAIK is that
    the 'top' brands get the first picking for the chips..
    then the middle tier ...
    then the others...

BUT they might originate from the same factory.

buying cheaper brands doesn't mean u get shady stuff it might be of same quality as more expensive brands.
    buying more expensive brands doesn't gurantee you higher quality as well as its all a matter of statistics.

I am quite curious where fake memory cards stands in here.. whether they are worse off than cheaper brands or not.

but yah if budget is ur plan i think there's nothing wrong with going for cheaper brands.
    hmmm i even considering getting a slower speed card. i can count with my toes the number of times i have made use of the high speed write buffer max limit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast