Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAKE sandisk cards floating around in Clubsnap

Default Re: FAKE sandisk cards floating around in Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    if the price is too good to be true

it most likely is "too good to be true"
    Haaa... true true...

and your avartar actually issue both yellow and red cards to the OEM Cards.... Haaa
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

Seriously, I wouldn't trust those cards. they most probably did not pass QC, or have no QC at all.

I know of some card that states 4GB or 8GB, but inside physically they might have less than that. They could have a chip that bluff the PC accessing it that the card has 4GB or 8GB. What they do is to re-write from the front again when it has been filled to capacity.

Not a good feeling to lose my pics during my vacation.

Last edited by AReality; 2nd April 2008 at 02:42 PM.

I think the seller(s) should bear the responsibility and offer refund. Because in this case they are clearly not selling what they advertised, 'OEM from original brand' is very different from 're-labeled card made by other brand' imo.

On a side note, when one started an WTS/MO for Item A, should he be able to later change the whole thread title and the item description in the starting post to describe a totally different item B? Besides the possibility for dispute and confusion, even it's meant for the a 'second batch', it should be a new thread instead of 'covering up' the initial post. What's the mods stand on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bLight View Post
    I think the seller(s) should bear the responsibility and offer refund. Because in this case they are clearly not selling what they advertised, 'OEM from original brand' is very different from 're-labeled card made by other brand' imo.

On a side note, when one started an WTS/MO for Item A, should he be able to later change the whole thread title and the item description in the starting post to describe a totally different item B? Besides the possibility for dispute and confusion, even it's meant for the a 'second batch', it should be a new thread instead of 'covering up' the initial post. What's the mods stand on this?
    Please use Report Post to highlight to us. And explain more in details what you referring to and mean, and dont assume we are aware of all details. So please provide us with as much details as possible in your report.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ho View Post
    Please use Report Post to highlight to us. And explain more in details what you referring to and mean, and dont assume we are aware of all details. So please provide us with as much details as possible in your report.
    Sorry if I sounded accusative to the mods in my previous post. Not my intention. And no I didn't assume mods are aware of all the details in forums, I was just highlighting the scenario and asking 'is that allowed in CS'?

Because what I normally see people do is, when they finish the first MO, they will start a new thread for a second MO even for the same kind of items.
    Last edited by bLight; 2nd April 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo

i think i saw some threads in B&S selling Sandisk Extreme IV 8GB for only $105? it was snapped up in minutes. i smelt a rat then

EDIT: I urge the ClubSnap admin to post a buyer advisory immediately warning of fake cards. The language used must not be such that it protrays all sellers of Sandisk cards as cheats, but rather should be phrased such as to warn potential buyers and to encourage them to check their purchases properly before paying.
    Last edited by Isaiahfortythirtyone; 2nd April 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Please read this thread carefully: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362499

There is no difference between an OEM and Retail product except for warranty, packaging and price.

Here we have 3 CF cards which are supposedly to made by the same manufacturer, Sandisk. However, upon closer inspection, there are minor differences.

Front of CF Card

Pay close attention to the typeface for "8.0GB". They are both inconsistent. Check out the "Extreme" logo. One is with (R) and the other is TM. The ESP logo is different in size. Check out the inconsistency of the Sandisk logo. You can spot more if you look closely. The card on the bottom is bought from a recognised retailer and an original Sandisk product with lifetime warranty.

This is taken directly from Sandisk's website:

Back of CF card

Again, the differences can be noticed right away. The "CE" and the trash bin logo is the main giveaway. Other tell tale signs is the word "CompactFlashTM" which is different too. Fake e-Bay cards do not have serial numbers.

This is not a case of 'ai pi, ai qi' but its like buying a pirated software with box but being passed of as an OEM product. Buyer's beware.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Here we have 3 CF cards which are supposedly to made by the same manufacturer, Sandisk. However, upon closer inspection, there are minor differences.

Front of CF Card

Both the 8GB shown here are fake?

Hi guys, this is an interesting thread.

Can I check with you guys, how to identify fake Sandisk SD cards?

I am intending to get Sandisk SD cards in few weeks time, so would like to hear from the other Pros here.
    Let's get rolling :)

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    Both the 8GB shown here are fake?
    Yes. Take a look at the black borders around the CF card. They look different from the original.

With the same amount of money, I would rather get a card from those less famous brands like Transcend than to get a 'OEM' card which is in fact from some factory that I have never heard of.

Would also prefer to get my stuffs from familiar shops than from strangers online.
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    The admins are looking into this. Our scope, though, is limited to preventing CS from becoming a breeding ground for such scams as you have mentioned. Members are adviced to take necessary precaution when buying from our Marketplace.
    I hope I didn't come across as trying to pressure admin into taking action. What I really meant to say is that if admin chooses to take affirmative action against dubious MOs, I am quite sure you will have the community's support.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

This thread has definitely raised the awareness of the members.

Just take a look at the current B&S for such memory products

Always pay to be abit more careful on ur part

Ryan

i personally felt that some of the new MOer/advertiser do not have any knowledge abt the items they bringing and start posting for Orders. I saw one asking for help in whether the items have international warranty or not. I m more worried for fellow cser paying for a larger amount of money and in the end didnt get their goods. somehow i trust those who have the actual product then start their MOs and the older advertisers.

TS, thanks for highlighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    The admins are looking into this. Our scope, though, is limited to preventing CS from becoming a breeding ground for such scams as you have mentioned. Members are adviced to take necessary precaution when buying from our Marketplace.
    wow that's nice of the admins! kudos to them for taking a proactive stand when caveat emptor shld always be the case in any online transactions.
    the admins are not even the 'bosses' of the B&S forum, they jus own the land. its silly to chase the landowner for something that the shopowner did
    Last edited by slaam; 3rd April 2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: p.s. edited msg as previous post offended some

We had PM and alert the organiser while the MO was ongoing to check.

We had also emailed SanDisk to check on the thread and verify the information.

The last I heard from pple who are buying from him, the MO organiser is going to refund money to those who approach him.

Quote Originally Posted by bLight View Post
    Sorry if I sounded accusative to the mods in my previous post. Not my intention. And no I didn't assume mods are aware of all the details in forums, I was just highlighting the scenario and asking 'is that allowed in CS'?

Because what I normally see people do is, when they finish the first MO, they will start a new thread for a second MO even for the same kind of items.
    Definitely not allowed. Every MO has to be seperate thread. Like I said, use Report Post feature to highlight to us.

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    wow that's nice of the admins
    There is no need to take this tone.

Just to highlight, I received 3 pieces of the 8GB cards, and they did turn out to be fake, however the MO organiser has been very apologetic and gone out of his way to give me a full refund straight away. So lets not be too harsh on them. It could just be a sincere mistake.

Thanks to the admins for taking such actions. Very professional

Hope everyone who has a problem gets it sorted out quickly without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    wow that's nice of the admins
    I was praising the admins for going beyond the required duties!
    I always feel that caveat emptor is best.
    how can anyone expect mods/admins to screen thru the products to make sure they are not buying fakes??
    Last edited by slaam; 3rd April 2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: post might offend some

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast