Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United VII: Moscow Dream is ALIVE!!!

Default Re: Manchester United VII: Moscow Dream is ALIVE!!!

Two wins for two trophies

Wes Brown says the Reds are well aware of the challenges that lie ahead in the final two games of the season, but believes the chance to win two trophies at the end of them will drive the players to glory.

Victory over Wigan at the JJB Stadium next Sunday will guarantee a tenth Premier League title.

The Reds then head to Moscow for a showdown with Avram Grant's Chelsea on 21 May in the Champions League final. And Brown says the players are determined to ensure there is cause for a double celebration at the season finale.

"Two more wins and we've got two trophies. That's what we're aiming for," he told MUTV.

"We've played well all season. To throw it away now would be very disappointing.

"We know the title is ours if we win at Wigan and we're all looking forward to Moscow. It won't be easy, but we want both trophies and we'll do everything we can to get them."

Nani says sorry for red card

Nani has apologised for getting himself needlessly sent off against West Ham in the Reds' 4-1 victory at the weekend.

With United 3-1 up at Old Trafford at the time, the Portuguese winger got involved in a scuffle with Lucas Neill. The Australian defender certainly looked to have provoked Nani, but the United starlet was correctly dismissed for reacting by going head-to-head with the Hammers defender.

Sir Alex Ferguson described Nani's actions as "immature", especially considering that, at this stage of the season, United could have done without playing half a game with only ten men.

In the end it made no difference to the overall outcome of the game, but 21-year-old Nani has since recognised his misdemeanour and is clearly contrite.

"I recognise my action was a thoughtless one," he said. "But I also have to say I was provoked and attacked.

"I regret what I did and want to publicly ask for forgiveness."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Aiya.... Butt and company couldn't hold Chelsea..

Premiership crown will be decided this weekend!!
    Was expecting a win by the Toons Army! Haizzz....

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Was expecting a win by the Toons Army! Haizzz....
    Toons Army were impressive in the first half, but Owen cannot make it la, squandered so many chances.

And when Alan Smith replaced Mark Viduka at the start of 2nd half, the game changed completely in favour of Chelsea. No wonder we sell Alan Smith.

Damien Duff is also disappointing, his form is in free fall.

Now we have to rely on ourselves to retain the championship. I wonder what Grant is going to say if we beat Wigan which is currently managed by ex-ManU player :P

Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    Toons Army were impressive in the first half, but Owen cannot make it la, squandered so many chances.

And when Alan Smith replaced Mark Viduka at the start of 2nd half, the game changed completely in favour of Chelsea. No wonder we sell Alan Smith.

Damien Duff is also disappointing, his form is in free fall.

Now we have to rely on ourselves to retain the championship. I wonder what Grant is going to say if we beat Wigan which is currently managed by ex-ManU player :P
    Duno what Grant will say but the fans of BUANGAPOOL will say that we buy the ref buy the players.... these guys think we so rich if so we will buy them up liao!

Duno what Grant will say but the fans of BUANGAPOOL will say that we buy the ref buy the players.... these guys think we so rich if so we will buy them up liao!
    BUANGAPOOL? We bought them la, if not where got free 6 pts every season?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    BUANGAPOOL? We bought them la, if not where got free 6 pts every season?
    Oh ya hor...forget...old le...yeah... free 6pts every seasons!

Wah... another Portuguese coming?
    Let us all hope he isn't as naïve as the indian-looking one.

Giggs: We're in charge

Ryan Giggs expects Wigan to provide a stern challenge in Sunday's Premier League title decider, but is delighted that United are masters of their own destiny.

Victory over Steve Bruce's side at the JJB Stadium will see the Reds retain the title, regardless of Chelsea's result against Bolton at Stamford Bridge.

Giggs, who will become United's joint all-time appearance maker if he features against the Latics, wants the Reds to focus solely on capping a fine season with victory.

"It's in our hands, which is all you can ask for," he told MUTV. "It's going to be a tough game. Wigan have got some decent players, they showed that when they played Chelsea and got a draw.

"No matter what happens with Chelsea, it's still in our hands and we've got to be professional and do our job."

Have anyone of u forgotten him? Well i almost heehee....hope he will be back soon!

Manucho raring to go

The current campaign may not have finished just yet, but Angolan striker Manucho cannot wait to report for pre-season training at Carrington.

The 25-year-old forward joined the Reds in January, and immediately made a huge impact at the Africa Cup of Nations.

However, because of problems securing a work permit for England, Manucho joined Panathinaikos on loan until the end of the season.

With three goals in five appearances for the Greek giants, Manucho is relishing the chance to return to Manchester in the summer and kickstart his United career.

"During my time in Greece, I feel that I've adapted well to European football and it's been a good test for me ahead of playing in England," said the striker.

"My dream is to play for Manchester United since I signed for them in January.

"I hope I can take my chance and prove that I can play in The Premier League."

Latics won't lie down

Wigan Athletic owner Dave Whelan has angrily dismissed claims that his side will not stand in the way of United retaining the Premier League title this weekend.

The Reds travel to the JJB Stadium knowing that a win will secure a 17th league title. Although former United club captain Steve Bruce is at the Latics’ helm, Whelan insists rumours that Wigan will lie down are scurrilous.

“All this rubbish in the press about ‘we will be rolling over for Manchester United’ is complete and absolute rubbish,” Whelan told an audience at the Latics’ annual awards dinner.

“You ask the boys, they’ll be fighting their socks off, I’ll tell you. If we can beat Man U, we are going to beat them. We’re going to get stuck in and give it our best shot.

“Whatever they say in Chelsea, we’re Wigan, and we will try and beat any team that comes to the JJB Stadium.”

Following his side's victory at Newcastle on Monday, Chelsea captain John Terry issued a thinly-veiled plea for the Latics to do his side a favour on Sunday.

"They'll do the Premier League justice and will go out there wanting to beat Man U," he told Sky Sports. "We've worked our socks off all year, so we'd be disappointed if they don't."

A little late!

But prefer this best at the moment:

How about a premature one!!!

MU 2 - Wigan 0
    Scholes 28, Giggs 88

Both goals scored by my main nemesis :LOL:
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 7th May 2008 at 11:56 PM.

A little late!

But prefer this best at the moment:

Ahhh.....the free 3pts!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

MU 2 - Wigan 0
    Scholes 28, Giggs 88

I make more humble prediction can???

Wigan 1 - 1 Man U

Chelsea 0 - 0 Bolton.....

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    I make more humble prediction can???

Wigan 1 - 1 Man U

Chelsea 0 - 0 Bolton.....
    With the form that Chelski are in, unlikely. Furthermore, Chelski are playing at home.

United has to go all out for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    With the form that Chelski are in, unlikely. Furthermore, Chelski are playing at home.

United has to go all out for a win.
    Agreed this one they playing at the bridge they are quite powderful there, dun buang easily n the impt. thing is dat they Dun play 4-5-1 to BUANG at home!

This one must go all out n should be it 1-0 or 4-0 cos this season we almost 90% of our win is either we score 1 or 4 goals!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

MU 2 - Wigan 0
    Scholes 28, Giggs 88

U know what i like to see either of them scoring a hattrick its been quite sometime snice we last seen someone scoring hattrick!

i hope the following come out (even though its highly unlikely)

Wigan 1, Man U 0

Bolton 2, Chelsea 0

HAHAHAHAH!

As long as the dirty blue buang, it'll be ok for us.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast