Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United VII: Moscow Dream is ALIVE!!!

Default Re: Manchester United VII: Moscow Dream is ALIVE!!!

Trio fit to face Hammers?

Sir Alex is hopeful Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra will all be fit to face West Ham at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Rooney (hip) and Vidic (head) missed the Reds’ triumphant Champions League semi-final second leg on Tuesday night, while Evra (head) was stretchered off in the game’s dying stages.

“Patrice got a real bang on the head,” the manager confirmed, “but I’m sure he’ll be all right for Saturday.

“Vidic may be okay too, but that’s in the doctor’s hands.”

There were murmurs of doubt among United fans when it became apparent Rooney had been left out of the Barcelona clash, but Sir Alex told MUTV he had little choice.

“After getting the knock against Chelsea on Saturday, Wayne was in real pain on Monday.

“I made the decision not to risk him because if I had to then substitute him early in the match it could really have affected us. So I went with a front two of Ronaldo and Tevez.

“Wayne has got a big chance [of being fit for West Ham]. He’ll be all right for Saturday.”

Ok back to earth guys! Sat 7.45pm

Match Pack: West Ham

Victory over the Hammers will get United back on track, three points away from retaining the Premier League title...

Form guide: Although the Reds sealed a berth in the Champions League final with victory over Barcelona, a recent dip in domestic form has seen Chelsea draw level at the top of the table. Defeat at Stamford Bridge last week means United have taken one point from the last two games. However, wins over West Ham and Wigan in the last two matches would secure the title. The Hammers, who have ruined the Reds' title aspirations before, have just two wins in their last 10 outings, but showed signs of resurgence in last weekend's 2-2 home draw with Newcastle.

Ins and outs: Doubts remain over Wayne Rooney and Nemanja Vidic, but Patrice Evra is expected to feature despite suffering a head injury against Barcelona. Freddie Ljungberg cracked a rib against Newcastle, adding him to a lengthy Hammers injury list which includes Craig Bellamy, Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer. Anton Ferdinand could return to bolster a youthful defence.

Star men: Carlos Tevez will hope to haunt his former club, although 38-goal Cristiano Ronaldo is due to find the net - he's not scored in four matches. Dean Ashton, who got back in the scoring routine last weekend, poses West Ham's main threat. Midfielder Mark Noble is also in fine form, and United must be wary of his robust approach.

Rivals watch: Newcastle v Chelsea (Mon, 16:00 BST)

Papers: New Scholes deal?

Paul nets fresh deal
    Paul Scholes will be rewarded for his Champions League heroics with a fresh two-year deal. The contract will be signed in the summer and keep him a Manchester United player until he is 35. Scholes put United into this year’s final with a wonder winner against Barcelona. Boss Alex Ferguson is delighted with the way he and sub Ryan Giggs, 34, have looked after themselves. Fergie said: “I can no longer see an end to their careers. They must be the best two players I’ve ever had.” Scholes’ current £75,000-a-week deal runs out at the end of next season.
    Neil Custis, The Sun

Cristiano Ronaldo has ordered his United team-mates to forget all about the Champions League Final for now. "Our focus must be on the Premier League title," said Ronaldo. "We want to do the Double."

The Sun claims Wayne Rooney will miss United’s final two league games. The hip injury that forced him out of Tuesday’s win over Barcelona will definitely keep him out of Saturday’s home clash with West Ham — and almost certainly see him sit out the final league game of the season, away to Wigan.

Former Red Nicky Butt will risk missing the start of next season for Newcastle to help his old United pals. Butt is one booking from a three-match ban next term, but the midfielder is desperate to stop Chelsea at St James’ Park on Monday.

Round up by Gemma Thompson
    First time Ronaldo to speak!

Know what will be sweet? (besides Liverpool being relegated to Division 1)....... That we beat West Ham this weekend and Chelsea lose at St Jame's Park....

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    Know what will be sweet? (besides Liverpool being relegated to Division 1)....... That we beat West Ham this weekend and Chelsea lose at St Jame's Park....
    For them to relegated to Div 1 they need to sign Paul Jewell!

We should be able to cliam 3pts as it is at OT!

Chelsea may drop pts away form not too good!

Another award for Ronaldo

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has been voted Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association.

The 23-year-old Portugal international - who last week was named the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year - topped the poll of journalists ahead of Liverpool striker Fernando Torres and Portsmouth goalkeeper David James.

It is the second season in succession Ronaldo has received the accolade, now in its 61st year. Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry was the last man to collect the FWA award twice in a row, from 2003 and 2004.

Chairman of the FWA, Paul Hetherington, said: 'Ronaldo's award is no surprise after his brilliant form this season and incredible goal-scoring record - 38 at the moment -and he is, of course, essentially a winger.

'Cristiano was an overwhelming winner and, given his age, he has the potential and ability to dominate this award for years in an unprecedented way.'

Ronaldo - who has helped take United to within touching distance of the Premier League title as well as the Champions League final in Moscow - will receive his award at the FWA's gala dinner at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London on May 15.
    Starting to sweep awards agian? just like last yr!

Some not so good news; I think Vidic and Rooney will not play this weekend. Rooney may even miss the last game but should be ready for CL final.

Congrats to Ronaldo for winning the FWA award again. He deserve it. And yes, he should sweep the floor again.

Nani's red card was a heart attack.

4 one win is not so bad.

One more game to go

If Chelskis draw or even lose, it be advantage Man U.

nani is stupid to do what he did
    lucky we were 3-1 then.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Nani is the ultimate idiot! If he did it at the start of the season or mid season, its not so bad but now Man Utd is fighting for the league title and CL final and he go headbutt someone! Its like scoring an own goal as he will be suspended for the next 3 EPL match. I think the suspension will carry forward to next season.

1 more game to go. Last round of matchs can watch 8 games on TV. All playing on the same time. Channels are 01, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 118 and 119.

i find that nani suspended for the next 3 EPL games issnt a bad thing. he has been wasting a lot of good chances, and his shots was NEVER close to goal.
    i was just concern about yest's game itself. 10 men down and we HAVE TO win that game. luckily we were up 3-1

nani needs someone to teach him a lesson , he is very arrogant when he is not even a good player, he has been a selfish player as well.
    anyway the season is almost over just hope that man utd finish off che$ki in the CL as EPL is almost in hands

yes, i hope avram grant cannot be the special one!

Transfer Rumours: May 08

As the season comes to a close, the tabloids are already speculating as to the extent of United's potential summer transfer activity.

The Reds have long been linked with reinforcements upfront, but for the first time West Ham striker Dean Ashton's name has been thrown into the mix.

The Daily Star claim that Sir Alex Ferguson wants a burly striker to boost his forward line's physical presence, and the form of Hammers striker Ashton has apparently caught his eye.

Papers: Reds in for Bos?

Fergie's £15.8m bid for Bos
    United have bid £15.8million for Portugal right-back Jose Bosingwa. SunSport can reveal Porto received the offer yesterday but want no less than £22m. United boss Alex Ferguson sees him as the successor to Gary Neville. Bosingwa, 25, is similar in style to Patrice Evra and a £55k-a-week deal with the player and his agent has been agreed. Fergie first made a move in January and No2 Carlos Queiroz was sent to open talks.
    Ian McGarry, The Sun

The Daily Star reckons Sir Alex is lining up a bid for West Ham striker Dean Ashton.

Hammers' boss Alan Curbishley believes the United boss will retire if he wins two more Premier League titles and one more Champions League.

Angry Avram Grant will today accuse Curbishley of potentially destroying the integrity of the Premier League by saying that he wants to see United win the title. Grant is furious that Curbishley has gone public on his wishes to see Sir Alex win a 10th crown when United meet West Ham on Saturday.

Round up by Gemma Thompson

Lol Grant so angry for what...no friends ah...

Imagine Newcastle got a draw ag Chelskis. Better still 1 nil win

My prediction - Newcastle win 2-1 so Man U won the Premier League title tonight without even kicking a ball
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

if today...

ch$l lose hahahhahaa..

MAN WIN EPL

now going half time 0-0 agaggaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    My prediction - Newcastle win 2-1 so Man U won the Premier League title tonight without even kicking a ball
    Aiya.... Butt and company couldn't hold Chelsea..

Premiership crown will be decided this weekend!!
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Papers: Deal or no deal?

Bosingwa agent denies United deal
    Jose Bosingwa's agent has dismissed rumours the Porto right-back has agreed terms with Manchester United. The 25-year-old Portugal international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford in the English press, but Rui Neno insists nothing has been agreed.
    "There is not any sort of agreement with Manchester United," he told PA Sport. Neno claims no club has yet matched Porto's valuation of the player but reckons Bosingwa could be interested in a move.
    "If any club bid the 30 million euros set by the club, I believe there might be agreement," he said.
    Daily Star

Meanwhile, despite the closest title race in 40 years, Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan has warned the Barclays Premier League is in danger of becoming “boring”. He told the Daily Mail: “It would be mad to say Newcastle will be in the top four next season. We are a million miles from them. The top four will be the same as this year but what I can say to our fans is we will try to get fifth and win the other league that is going on.”

The Sun report Premier League chiefs are minting two sets of winners’ medals and will use two trophies for Sunday’s final fixtures. The paper claim the real one will be at the JJB Stadium for United’s trip to Wigan, while a replica will be taken to Stamford Bridge for Chelsea’s clash with Bolton.

Rio Ferdinand’s interview in this month’s Inside United magazine has been widely reported, with The Mirror running his quotes on the current squad’s team spirit: “The team spirit is the best it’s been since I’ve been here. Obviously I can’t say what it was like before my time, but I’ve never known it any better. I can only assume the manager does extensive research into a player’s personality before signing him because we’ve not had one bad apple.”

Round up by Nick Coppack
    Wah... another Portuguese coming?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast