Thread: Siesta!

Default Siesta!

Hi All!

Snapped this weather-beaten old timer dozing on a park bench at Mt Faber. Tourists were bustling around, but this gentleman was master of his own time....

Default Re: Siesta!

I love this picture. But I think the guy is a little centered. Would be better if you crop the bottom part or positioned the guy a little lower.

Is the DOF flat? I dont know why I get this 'flat' feeling? I was expecting this guy to pop out the picture. Any comments from the experts? Is everyone feeling the same way I do or it is just me?

I think the the b/w convertion can be better to make the picture pop. Suggest some burning/dodging to enhance the pic or even just a simple S curves will do.

Red face Re: Siesta!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpearl View Post
    I love this picture. But I think the guy is a little centered. Would be better if you crop the bottom part or positioned the guy a little lower.

Is the DOF flat? I dont know why I get this 'flat' feeling? I was expecting this guy to pop out the picture. Any comments from the experts? Is everyone feeling the same way I do or it is just me?
    Hi,
    i think the reason why the pic looks a bit flat is becos of the railing on the right which is more protruded out than then the old man...so it makes the old man gets sink behind the foreground which the railing is not intended to be the foreground of this pic.

Nice pic....btw!...maybe the photographer can edit it with photoshop by using extract selection on the old man and the chair he sat on and perform a slight gaussian blur to the background. That will surely bring the old man out of the pic.

cheers!
    Canon, cAnon, caNon, canOn, canoN....Simply Loving IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by charmingorion View Post
    Hi,
    i think the reason why the pic looks a bit flat is becos of the railing on the right which is more protruded out than then the old man...so it makes the old man gets sink behind the foreground which the railing is not intended to be the foreground of this pic.

Nice pic....btw!...maybe the photographer can edit it with photoshop by using extract selection on the old man and the chair he sat on and perform a slight gaussian blur to the background. That will surely bring the old man out of the pic.

cheers!
    Hi Guys! Thanks for the comments.

I agree about the railing part... I think it take some of the focus away from the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by eddymerckx View Post
    Tourists were bustling around, but this gentleman was master of his own time....

I don't have an issue with the railing. But it will be nicer if there were people walking on the stairs at the background or around the old man, that will really bring across the point instead of having to describe it.

well well......looks like a nice old man maybe a vertical framing cud have been bettera mid shot with a 200mm lens or 135mm lens cud have blurred out the backgroundor a wider aperture shud have been used i like the way he is protecting himself frm the dogs

good stuff, which is wellcaptured

i am sure a nostalgic feel will work for this one, i.e. sepia, slight lowering of contrast, textures