Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

  1. #1

    Default FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Hi everyone. I am interested to get a FZ50, and sell away my FZ10. Any idea whats the rough price I can fetch for my FZ10, together with 2 batteries, a charger, 1 1gb sd card, filter and lens hood with box?

    and regarding the FZ50, I saw People's Park selling. One shop was selling it at $999. The other was $799 both camera with 2gb sd card.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CCK-Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Hi, I suggest u keep th Fz10 because the last time I sold it for only $200. Why I say should keep because it the 2 model tat got constant 2.8. The other is Fz20. 2nd hand Fz50 only cost ard $500. My friend got 1 for $580 even got few month left warranty.

    Hope this help...

  3. #3

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    hmm...FZ50 dont have the same feature? I dont mind getting a 2nd hand one as long as the condition is good. thanks for the help excelglsi. =D

  4. #4
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by GaleFujimiya View Post
    hmm...FZ50 dont have the same feature? I dont mind getting a 2nd hand one as long as the condition is good. thanks for the help excelglsi. =D
    I got my FZ50 for about S$900++ last year March (Singapore), 1 week later during my trip to Japan I saw a brand new FZ50 (Japan model) selling for S$680 (before 5% VAT rebate).

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by GaleFujimiya View Post
    hmm...FZ50 dont have the same feature? I dont mind getting a 2nd hand one as long as the condition is good. thanks for the help excelglsi. =D
    after the FZ10 and FZ20, from FZ30 to FZ50 onwards, there's no longer anymore constant F2.8 throughout already.

  6. #6

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Don go to People's Park to buy camera stuff unless you really know the price well... Go to MS color. It is still worth a trip down than kanna conned by those shops in Chinatown...
    Jack of all trade, but to a master of none... The RSAF...

  7. #7

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    FZ-10 and FZ-20 are legendary cameras. Constant 2.8 with better images than the FZ30 to 50 series. Period

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CCK-Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by bernstein1234 View Post
    FZ-10 and FZ-20 are legendary cameras. Constant 2.8 with better images than the FZ30 to 50 series. Period
    Agreed!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by bernstein1234 View Post
    FZ-10 and FZ-20 are legendary cameras. Constant 2.8 with better images than the FZ30 to 50 series. Period
    I agree that the new FZ series were not able to maintain a constant 2.8 throughout the zoom range.

    However compared to the current range of prosumer camera in the market, the FZ50 is still one of the best prosumer camera out there.

    Which not only offer the flexibility of a good prosumer camera (manual control, delicate button/dials, fast AF, adjustable LCD, MOIS, good lens & zoom range) but also DSLR feature such as manual zoom & focus ring, TTL enabled external Flash, 55mm lens thread (no extra adapter required) for a wide range of tele,wide,macro, polarization,etc lens and an almost instant start-up.

    I am not saying that it is without fault, mainly the "noise" issue in shooting JPG which is a common issue in prosumer range of camera. But how many prosumer camera (any brands) currently in the market can boast these feature & flexibility offer by a FZ50 ?
    Last edited by Anson; 20th April 2008 at 06:29 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    I agree that the new FZ series were not able to maintain a constant 2.8 throughout the zoom range.

    However compared to the current range of prosumer camera in the market, the FZ50 is still one of the best prosumer camera out there.

    Which not only offer the flexibility of a good prosumer camera (manual control, delicate button/dials, fast AF, adjustable LCD, MOIS, good lens & zoom range) but also DSLR feature such as manual zoom & focus ring, TTL enabled external Flash, 55mm lens thread (no extra adapter required) for a wide range of tele,wide,macro, polarization,etc lens and an almost instant start-up.

    I am not saying that it is without fault, mainly the "noise" issue in shooting JPG which is a common issue in prosumer range of camera. But how many prosumer camera (any brands) currently in the market can boast these feature & flexibility offer by a FZ50 ?
    FZ10 and FZ20 also got manual control over aperture and shutter. AF is maybe slower, didn't try FZ50 before. Manual zoom, well, once you gotten used to the zoom lever of the older FZs, it should be ok. FZ10 and 20 also can manual focus via a manual focus ring. Ya, the only downside is the big lens thread, need adapter.

    However, the noise reduction o FZ30 - 50 is apparent even at low ISOs. Which is a for me. lol. The constant 2.8 is really legendary.

    2 cents

  11. #11
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by bernstein1234 View Post
    FZ10 and FZ20 also got manual control over aperture and shutter. AF is maybe slower, didn't try FZ50 before. Manual zoom, well, once you gotten used to the zoom lever of the older FZs, it should be ok. FZ10 and 20 also can manual focus via a manual focus ring. Ya, the only downside is the big lens thread, need adapter.

    However, the noise reduction o FZ30 - 50 is apparent even at low ISOs. Which is a for me. lol. The constant 2.8 is really legendary.

    2 cents
    Hmm... actually almost all prosumer camera have manual control over aperture and shutter. After using the FZ50 for almost a year and have brought it with me during my oversea trips, I have grown to like the speed & accuracy that a manual zoom had to offer. A question do you prefer to use the manual zoom on your 5D or the zoom lever on your F31fd?

    Without a doubt the image quality of FZ50 is not comparable to a full-frame dSLR. But this is a problem with prosumer camera that have a small sensor & high resolution. Personally I feel that it is not fair to compare the image quality between the FZ20 (sensor size of 1/2.5) & FZ50 (sensor size of 1/1.8) as one is a 5MP & the other a 10MP camera. If I were to reduce the resolution of a FZ30/FFZ50, the noise ratio is would be similar to those produce by a FZ20 (Don't just take my word for it there is an article on dpreview ).

    Almost all would agree that the selling point of the FZ20 is the constant 2.8 however do correct me if I am wrong but the FZ20 take approx 5 sec to start-up while a FZ50 take only 1 sec for the first shot.

    Curious can the optical zoom in FZ20 be used when recording movie?
    Last edited by Anson; 20th April 2008 at 09:40 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Hmm... actually almost all prosumer camera have manual control over aperture and shutter. After using the FZ50 for almost a year and have brought it with me during my oversea trips, I have grown to like the speed & accuracy that a manual zoom had to offer. A question do you prefer to use the manual zoom on your 5D or the zoom lever on your F31fd?

    Without a doubt the image quality of FZ50 is not comparable to a full-frame dSLR. But this is a problem with prosumer camera that have a small sensor & high resolution. Personally I feel that it is not fair to compare the image quality between the FZ20 (sensor size of 1/2.5) & FZ50 (sensor size of 1/1.8) as one is a 5MP & the other a 10MP camera. If I were to reduce the resolution of a FZ30/FFZ50, the noise ratio is would be similar to those produce by a FZ20 (Don't just take my word for it there is an article on dpreview ).

    Almost all would agree that the selling point of the FZ20 is the constant 2.8 however do correct me if I am wrong but the FZ20 take approx 5 sec to start-up while a FZ50 take only 1 sec for the first shot.

    Curious can the optical zoom in FZ20 be used when recording movie?
    Honestly, to me, manual zoom or lever zoom, both are the same to me, cos I'm used to my equipments. As for videos... I don;t take videos...

    And regarding Dslr? I didn't compare FZs to Dslr in the 1st place. cos comparing them is like... Pretty obvious which one would give better image quality. BUT, when I had fz20 in its prime days, i feel that it is much better than fz30 to 50, why? As you said its the megapixel increase. I feel that panasonic is so wrong to increase the pixels while retaining the same sensor, cos result = noiser image and lost of details. So thus I understood this and NEVER bought another FZ - I just love my fz20 so much and feel that 5MP is enough.

    If you want to talk about Dslr, well, it a different business altogether. I use my 5D now mainly for my job, F31fd for party/candid, and fz20 when I go travel.

    FZ50 is a great camera, no doubt, but FZ20, which has 5MP, is just the right balance for me. For me, image quality > other attributes, as long as I understand the functions, buttons, zoom (got manual or no manual) of my fz20.

    To each his own.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by bernstein1234 View Post
    Honestly, to me, manual zoom or lever zoom, both are the same to me, cos I'm used to my equipments. As for videos... I don;t take videos...

    And regarding Dslr? I didn't compare FZs to Dslr in the 1st place. cos comparing them is like... Pretty obvious which one would give better image quality. BUT, when I had fz20 in its prime days, i feel that it is much better than fz30 to 50, why? As you said its the megapixel increase. I feel that panasonic is so wrong to increase the pixels while retaining the same sensor, cos result = noiser image and lost of details. So thus I understood this and NEVER bought another FZ - I just love my fz20 so much and feel that 5MP is enough.

    If you want to talk about Dslr, well, it a different business altogether. I use my 5D now mainly for my job, F31fd for party/candid, and fz20 when I go travel.

    FZ50 is a great camera, no doubt, but FZ20, which has 5MP, is just the right balance for me. For me, image quality > other attributes, as long as I understand the functions, buttons, zoom (got manual or no manual) of my fz20.

    To each his own.
    Agreed "To each his own".

    There is no "right & wrong" in this debate, as you have started with FZ20 & me the FZ50, we are more familiar with our own camera's characterise and try to work within each limitation.

    It is abit unfair to FZ50 if you were to compare it with the 350D in term of pricing, I am sure you would not get the 35 ~420mm lens with the same price. Like I mention earlier after comparing the FZ50 with several prosumer camera currently in the market, I still yet to find a camera ( prosumer) that offer the same feature & flexibility that it had offered. Personally given the current trend, I doubt that panasonic would release another FZ model anytime soon.
    Last edited by Anson; 20th April 2008 at 10:21 PM.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Agreed "To each his own".
    It is abit unfair to FZ50 if you were to compare it with the 350D in term of pricing, I am sure you would not get the 35 ~420mm lens with the same price. Like I mention earlier after comparing the FZ50 with several prosumer camera currently in the market, I still yet to find a camera ( prosumer) that offer the same feature & flexibility that it had offered. Personally given the current trend, I doubt that panasonic would release another FZ model anytime soon.
    i dont think you want to go for a newer FZ model cause the new model would at least be at around 12 meg.
    i would prefer to go for FZ30 but seems like FZ50 got better noise reduction.
    there is 1 model that can beat most of FZ models with regards to noise performance that is the fuji 6500fd but is no longer in production anymore so could be tough to get a 1st hand model...besides is also made in china where else all FZ models are made in jap.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: FZ50 and FZ10 enquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    i dont think you want to go for a newer FZ model cause the new model would at least be at around 12 meg.
    i would prefer to go for FZ30 but seems like FZ50 got better noise reduction.
    there is 1 model that can beat most of FZ models with regards to noise performance that is the fuji 6500fd but is no longer in production anymore so could be tough to get a 1st hand model...besides is also made in china where else all FZ models are made in jap.
    I would say that Fuji's prosumer camera with the SUPERCCD offer a better noise control than the typical prosumer range. However the 6500fd does not have a external flash port, hence limiting it usage of using bounce flash.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •