Thread: tires

Default tires

Hi,

thought that this was interesting.... I know I need to improve so please give me comments on what you think about this picture.

Here

cyke
    Guests

Nice bold colours

i personally find it a bit flat looking and does not hold my interest.. i mean u are taking these tyres as still life or abstract?
    maybe if possible can vary teh view pt... composition no works for me

but then again.. its me....no offence...to each his own

hi dehuis, none taken... Actually I'm not sure if i'm taking it as still life or abstract. How do you differentiate between the 2?

hhmmmmm maybe it should have been a tighter crop...

actually i dunno how to definte the two or differentiate the two but my pt is that if its meant as an abstract when u took it, maybe there is a reason why u took it this way that u might want to explian. if u meant it as a still life then i think that u might want to take a look at the composition and timing when u shoot coz the light quite harsh and does not bring out any particular feature of the tires eg liek any patterns on them etc...

i'm not so much talking of a technical difference but rather wat u were thinking when u shot this pic.

still life or abstract
    It is ... an abstract of still life.

colours are flat and shadow distracting at bottom.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Originally posted by dehuis
    actually i dunno how to definte the two or differentiate the two but my pt is that if its meant as an abstract when u took it, maybe there is a reason why u took it this way that u might want to explian. if u meant it as a still life then i think that u might want to take a look at the composition and timing when u shoot coz the light quite harsh and does not bring out any particular feature of the tires eg liek any patterns on them etc...

i'm not so much talking of a technical difference but rather wat u were thinking when u shot this pic.
    okie one more thing learnt.... agreed that the light was harsh... it was super hot that afternoon *sighz* but thought I'd make a try....