Thread: Saving Overexposed images

Default Saving Overexposed images

Help

Is there anyway that you can save / fix an overexposed image? Did 'n wedding over the weekend, but my timing was out with a couple of shots ........ using 2 bodies, I switched between the 2, in a rush to get the shot and didnt change the settings ....... stupid I know . Can anyone help / sugest something I can try?

Thanks

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: Saving Overexposed images

Quote Originally Posted by the1wife View Post
    Help

Is there anyway that you can save / fix an overexposed image? Did 'n wedding over the weekend, but my timing was out with a couple of shots ........ using 2 bodies, I switched between the 2, in a rush to get the shot and didnt change the settings ....... stupid I know . Can anyone help / sugest something I can try?

Thanks
    did u shoot in raw? if not..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Black & White lor.

Tell them B&W brings out the emotions, not distracted by colour.

Quote Originally Posted by the1wife View Post
    Help

Thanks
    it depends on how bad the overexposure is.

if you shot in raw, it will be more saveable

if you shot in jpg, maybe you can post up the shot here, if too private, just black out their face so we can get an idea just how bad the overexposure is and suggest means and ways to save the picture..

if it is just 1 or so stop over i think it is not impossible to save. even with jpg, also depends on the scene, no? without a picture, what can we tell you?

What night86mare said.

If too jia lat, do a B&W, tone it if it looks better, add selective blur effects and tell them you did a 'dreamzscape' rendition of that special moment.

Ya lor.. in weddings.. not every shot must be perfectly exposed or sharp.. use your imagination and PS it till it looks nice.. b/w, selective coloring, selective bluring, high key etc..

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    Black & White lor.

Tell them B&W brings out the emotions, not distracted by colour.

Wa... This one must learn.