Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my thoughts on auto mode

Default Re: my thoughts on auto mode

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i see nothing wrong with using auto mode. to those who say otherwise, i ask you why even use aperture or shutter priority since those are semi-auto modes? if you want to use manual mode on a modern dslr/fslr, by all means go ahead. but please do not impose your views on others or look down on them just because they use fully-auto mode on a dslr/fslr. the modes are there for you to use and there should be no restrictions to using them.

i definitely know what you mean, and no, there is no looking down

my only doubt is with regards to a whole truckload of people who happily remain blissfully ignorant with regards to what is going on in their camera for 1 year, maybe even more, in the end still don't know why pictures noisy.. don't know why sometimes his shot is blur, why sometimes his shot is sharp..

there is nothing wrong with using auto mode - that's for sure.. the key issue here is with the lack of desire to understand. taken to an extreme, you can say that no one has any right to condemn a young man who has done nothing with his life.. i mean, the choice to do nothing in his life and sit on the roadside to beg even when he is healthy and can find work.. is his, after all. but can you say that he is vindicated by any moral standards?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Share a funny film shooter's story.

You know some film cams have this square at the back for you to put the film info card right (that coincidentally looks like an LCD screen)? My friend left his empty, and after he shot a photo, the person in it came over and wanted to chimp, like on a digital camera. Seeing the blank "LCD screen", he enquired...

"LCD screen spoil ah?"

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i definitely know what you mean, and no, there is no looking down

my only doubt is with regards to a whole truckload of people who happily remain blissfully ignorant with regards to what is going on in their camera for 1 year, maybe even more, in the end still don't know why pictures noisy.. don't know why sometimes his shot is blur, why sometimes his shot is sharp..

there is nothing wrong with using auto mode - that's for sure.. the key issue here is with the lack of desire to understand. taken to an extreme, you can say that no one has any right to condemn a young man who has done nothing with his life.. i mean, the choice to do nothing in his life and sit on the roadside to beg even when he is healthy and can find work.. is his, after all. but can you say that he is vindicated by any moral standards?
    you know...in a way i liken this to an owner of a car who only knows enough to start the engine and get the car from point A to point B. some have no idea how to operate the radio or aircon properly. they may complain....why the radio so much interference? or why the aircon blow out warm air?

on another note, we can find people with a lack of desire to understand or learn everywhere. they are the ones who will come back to you with the same questions over and over again. why they are that way i have no clue.

regarding your example of the healthy young man, he can choose to sit at the roadside and beg. but lets not forget we can also choose not to give to him. moral standards? maybe he subscribes to a different set of moral standards from most of us.

What is the real purpose of this thread?
    To suggest those who take pictures manually understand photography more and are technically more superior than those who use auto mode?

Must everyone who uses slr learn the manual stuffs to take good picture?

It is pure scornfulness, the way I read it.

To suggest those who take pictures manually understand photography more and are technically more superior than those who use auto mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post

must everybody who has 2 hands and 2 legs walk around?

technically we could get people to carry us around, if we had the money and the willing servants

so effectively, expecting people with 2 hands and 2 legs to walk around themselves is pure scornfulness, the way i look at the way you are looking at things here

ok lah...lets not be scornful. but i thought this thread was saying there is nothing wrong with using auto mode....

ok lah...lets not be scornful. but i thought this thread was saying there is nothing wrong with using auto mode....
    precisely lor

i just wanted to say that despite auto mode being useful, it is still better to learn more about photography

is that so wrong?

Scorn? I don't think so. It's good to know how to do things for yourself, even if you don't use it each time.

Yes, I read your posts and I share your sentiments and thoughts.

The other person who responses to your post knows why I mentioned scornfulness.
    He is trying to white wash his statements now.

first post made here, edited 2 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare
    one point i'd like to make - there is NOTHING wrong with using auto mode.
    selfpwned pls; i invite you to more inflammatory statements, the last post has been reported and quoted.. you help me more than you help yourself
    Last edited by night86mare; 13th April 2008 at 01:06 PM.

orr..that one not my problem

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234