Thread: hw to know which lens for which body?

Default hw to know which lens for which body?

hi,

just got myself a 2nd hand manual slr.
    but i dun understand how do you guys know which lens can be mounted on which body.

can anyone teach me?
    my slr is the minolta x700.
    thanks

x700 compatible lens
    minolta MC-Rokkor-X or MD-Rokkor-X
    Last edited by overcrash; 15th June 2003 at 10:36 PM.
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

hello, overcrash!

did u encounter this problem when u r browsing thru the display in 2nd hand shops? i'm not familiar with the minolta but a search on the net shows that ur X700 is compatible with the minolta MC-Rokkor-X or MD-Rokkor-X line of lenses. U shld be able to recognise them by looking at the front of the lense where it says "made in japan" n blah blah... (i did a search in ebay to see how they look like)

i dunnoe abt 3rd party lenses for the minolta... unless u r pretty sure that u can find them or where to get the adapters for them.

last resort... approach the sales person for enquiry.

btw, im using yashica fx3 super 2000, if u rem me from the "recommendations for a manual cam" thread!
    Last edited by yellow_kiwi; 14th June 2003 at 05:08 PM.

Default Re: hw to know which lens for which body?

Originally posted by overcrash
    hi,

just got myself a 2nd hand manual slr.
    but i dun understand how do you guys know which lens can be mounted on which body.

can anyone teach me?
    my slr is the minolta x700.
    thanks
    Hi Overcrash,

Your camera was released in the glorious 80's when manual SLR's were the norm. There were many lenses made for the MD mount that your camera sports. The difference is that your camera has a program mode which requires the use of MD mount lenses.
    There were also many many Third Party lenses built for the MD mount, some specific mounts and some with adapters. I believe there are still sources of these lenses around, even brand new!
    Enjoy your "NEW" camera. By the way, don't forget to get it CLA'ed (Cleaned, Lubricated and Adjusted) to derive full benefits from it.
    Regards.

hi bro!
    thanx for your reply!
    was great!
    you seem to know the situation i am in, hahaha.

and yes
    i do remember u
    and u were in my buddy list since then.
    u got icq or anything?
    pm me ok?
    maybe can together go seed or take photo.
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

Default Re: Re: hw to know which lens for which body?

thanx rebalf.

but CLA will roughly cost how much?