Thread: sydney - nice blue sky or clody in early May? Cold?

Default sydney - nice blue sky or clody in early May? Cold?

Could someone please advise me if I can get to see nice blue skies in Sydney or will it tend to be white and cloudy in say, the first week of May?

I wish to do an outdoor photo shoot with my girlfriend who intends to wear a knee-length dress. Will it be too cold?

Someone told us not to worry. At that time, the temperature is just about right in Sydney... but we have our fears that it will be too cold. Can really walk around in dress without shivers? :P

thanks!

Default Re: sydney - nice blue sky or clody in early May? Cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post
    Could someone please advise me if I can get to see nice blue skies in Sydney or will it tend to be white and cloudy in say, the first week of May?

I wish to do an outdoor photo shoot with my girlfriend who intends to wear a knee-length dress. Will it be too cold?

Someone told us not to worry. At that time, the temperature is just about right in Sydney... but we have our fears that it will be too cold. Can really walk around in dress without shivers? :P

thanks!
    It's around late autumn or early winter then.
    Should be okay if it's a sunny day.
    But bring a jacket when you go out just in case the wind is a bit chilly.

This one was taken the day before yesterday. I was out and about in my sexy shorts and equally sexy T shirt.

Sion
    Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post

thanks!
    It will certainly feel too cold to some one who normally lives in tropical Singapore!

The weather could be anything from 25 degrees to 10 depending on wind direction. The pretty coastal areas are also greatly affected by the ocean currents - if there is a warm body of water off Sydney it will be quite warm in the east, but if the sea water is cold....

Even on warm days it will be chilly in the mornings, the western suburbs will be starting to get frosts overnight. (If there is enough moisture in the air, the last few winters it's been too dry for a decent frost).

ok thanks guys.

I just read your reply. So ignore my PM to you Sion.

18-25 is great but anything colder than that, I think it will start to get uncomfortably chilly for just a dress. Hmmm...