Thread: Please enlighten me , sir

Default Please enlighten me , sir

Well, this is my doubts.
    I've been using the Canon Powershot A520 for almost 3 years now.I've achieved quite impressive results from this compact digicam. Now I'm in National Service so I've kinda lost touch with photography. I think i wanna have a comeback with a better cam but not necessarily a DSLR as budget is kinda tight. So The IS etc. series caught my attention.

I dont think im ready to cross over to DSLR , so something above my current cam but below DSLR level kinda cam.

what are the merits and demerits of this series?

http://nooriskandar.deviantart.com

Judging from my past themes of photography,I'm into conceptual, still art, moody pieces and many at times nature/travel shots. That aside, I'm an "official" cameraman for my family rendezvous. So, is this the right choice? A balance between function and compatibility.

Other infos:
    -I do post processing rather alot.
    -I'm steering into a new , larger prints.
    -I rather stick with Canon since I have the photoprinter thingy so its less hassle.

Please help.
    Tired (& sore-eyety)soul

HOHO

Default Re: Please enlighten me , sir

alamak, haven't you posted this link up before

along with the same phrasing

if this is to boost traffic to your site while acting like a puppy dog, let's just say: BUSTED, reported to mods

of course its not for that purpose.

i sincerely need new feedbacks since i havent bought any cam yet and looking for more options.thats why i copied and pasted everything so as to cut down writing evrything back.is that an offense?

seeing how you have not replied to anything in the first post despite a few (3 to be exact) suggestions given (i gave a suggestion there, that's why i remember), you could have bumped up the thread.

i guess the mods will decide in any case, i am free to express my opinion that the behaviour exhibited here is nothing short of dubious

in the first place - i am not even sure why you are posting up the site link in such a thread
    Last edited by night86mare; 28th March 2008 at 10:19 PM.

You can continue the discussion in the original thread. If it has not received the attention you expected you can refresh that thread by "up"-ing it.

According to our terms of use, posting the same topic in more than one thread is considered spamming and is prohibited.

This thread is hereby closed

Thanks.

-Roy
    Last edited by roygoh; 28th March 2008 at 10:47 PM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.