Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiger Wood curses at photographer

Default Re: Tiger Wood curses at photographer

Dream Merchant... no wasn't for you, was for everyone.

However after reading more of what you wrote I will say you have no clue on what you are talking about with all your appeals and everything else. Seriously, you have no idea.

Brah, read what you have been saying because you actually make no sense in all those words and in all those words you absolutely have no clue on it all. I showed the kids, the junior golfers from Singapore Golf Association your posts and they are laughing at you. One of them even laughed and said "Yeah, maybe Tiger can ask for mulligan... how is he supposed to appeal?"

You name me five instances where a golfer replayed his swing in a major tournament, or in fact even one instance of a golfer who got to swing again because of "appealing" or because "it was the organizers fault by not telling people no pics" and I'll show you tons more where a golfer did not get to swing over because of a photog. Until then, the junior golfers are laffing your "logic" and "knowledge." In fact I may even quote you for an upcoming article in a magazine regarding this incident. I'm sure the reader's would want a good laugh.

Maybe it'll be like this:

One person's response to the Tiger's growll;

"It's the organisers' who want the spectators ticket money whose at fault...If a recourse for appeal is not in place, and assuming that such high-profile events are probably super widely recorded and documented, and such distractions are evidenced, since they are multi-million dollar events with intensive media coverage, then it might be an issue that needs to be addressed by the powers that be, assuming that the game at the pro level is supposed to be played in absolute silence and serenity." I suppose DM does not know what is acceptable ambient noise, nor does he have any idea on so called "appealing."

Furthermore, Dream Merchant goes on to say,"top and pro level athletes are supposed to delve quite deeply into very rigorous mental training with the aid of gazillions of dollars pumped into sports psychology and such, and a large part of the result is supposed to involve handling stress and less than ideal conditions, distractions, intentional or not, as well as upsets of any sort." Well thank you DM. It's good of you to let us all know how pros are supposed to train, I guess you played on the PGA yourself?

In conclusion he feels, "unless there were like 5 or 10 or more people firing their noisy DSLRs all at the same time when Woods was on the upswing, then Woods' losing his momentum or focus just at that point when he should have been fully 'in his zone' might have been a simple failure in his mental game, as well as the arrangements, security and logistics on the part of the organisers. If it was just one inconsiderate person with a machine-gun DSLR, and perhaps a few others with much less noisy PnS, than all the more shame on Woods' mental game and lack of ability to cope." Thanks again DM, we'll take your highly credible analysis of Tiger Woods since you seem to have an answer for everything except for one..., why not just follow the basic rules and none of this would happen. Golfers who read something like this would first be laughing, then be asking who the hell is this guy. And I would get fired for putting out rubbish from a person who obviously knows nothing. He has a lot to say, but nothing in those words.

One of the kids even told me,"This guy only want to talk lah, he doesn't know." So I guess I'll end it with this kid's analysis of Dream Merchant was right "lah."

Fark, if this kid won't even waste any time with what you have to say, then neither will I after this. Sometimes we gotta learn from our youth

One thing, just tell me you are making 3.7 million salary a year and I'll understand where and how you get your logic.

I am thankful that I was allowed to learn a few things today, mainly through what Deadpoet bothered to take time and effort to share, and yes, even how you revealed something about the person you and your junior golfers' are through the somewhat degoratory comments, including telling me "Fark".

Edited to add: Thanks DP, for your graciousness, patience and willingness to share.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 31st March 2008 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    Dream Merchant... no wasn't for you, was for everyone.

However after reading more of what you wrote I will say you have no clue on what you are talking about with all your appeals and everything else. Seriously, you have no idea.

Brah, read what you have been saying because you actually make no sense in all those words and in all those words you absolutely have no clue on it all. I showed the kids, the junior golfers from Singapore Golf Association your posts and they are laughing at you. One of them even laughed and said "Yeah, maybe Tiger can ask for mulligan... how is he supposed to appeal?"

You name me five instances where a golfer replayed his swing in a major tournament, or in fact even one instance of a golfer who got to swing again because of "appealing" or because "it was the organizers fault by not telling people no pics" and I'll show you tons more where a golfer did not get to swing over because of a photog. Until then, the junior golfers are laffing your "logic" and "knowledge." In fact I may even quote you for an upcoming article in a magazine regarding this incident. I'm sure the reader's would want a good laugh.

Maybe it'll be like this:

One person's response to the Tiger's growll;

"It's the organisers' who want the spectators ticket money whose at fault...If a recourse for appeal is not in place, and assuming that such high-profile events are probably super widely recorded and documented, and such distractions are evidenced, since they are multi-million dollar events with intensive media coverage, then it might be an issue that needs to be addressed by the powers that be, assuming that the game at the pro level is supposed to be played in absolute silence and serenity." I suppose DM does not know what is acceptable ambient noise, nor does he have any idea on so called "appealing."

Furthermore, Dream Merchant goes on to say,"top and pro level athletes are supposed to delve quite deeply into very rigorous mental training with the aid of gazillions of dollars pumped into sports psychology and such, and a large part of the result is supposed to involve handling stress and less than ideal conditions, distractions, intentional or not, as well as upsets of any sort." Well thank you DM. It's good of you to let us all know how pros are supposed to train, I guess you played on the PGA yourself?

In conclusion he feels, "unless there were like 5 or 10 or more people firing their noisy DSLRs all at the same time when Woods was on the upswing, then Woods' losing his momentum or focus just at that point when he should have been fully 'in his zone' might have been a simple failure in his mental game, as well as the arrangements, security and logistics on the part of the organisers. If it was just one inconsiderate person with a machine-gun DSLR, and perhaps a few others with much less noisy PnS, than all the more shame on Woods' mental game and lack of ability to cope." Thanks again DM, we'll take your highly credible analysis of Tiger Woods since you seem to have an answer for everything except for one..., why not just follow the basic rules and none of this would happen. Golfers who read something like this would first be laughing, then be asking who the hell is this guy. And I would get fired for putting out rubbish from a person who obviously knows nothing. He has a lot to say, but nothing in those words.

One of the kids even told me,"This guy only want to talk lah, he doesn't know." So I guess I'll end it with this kid's analysis of Dream Merchant was right "lah."

Fark, if this kid won't even waste any time with what you have to say, then neither will I after this. Sometimes we gotta learn from our youth

One thing, just tell me you are making 3.7 million salary a year and I'll understand where and how you get your logic.

If it makes you and your golfing students or youth better people in life by making fun of and looking down on people who are not as fortunate or rich to afford to live in the esteemed world of golf and know the intimate workings of the powers that control the sport, please go ahead.

You know something I just realised because of what you said?

Instead of wanting to ask more questions and argue, debate, discuss or whatever and learn more (and through that knowledge come to understand and appreciate golf a little more), because of attitudes and responses like yours HawaiiSG, I feel belittled and disgusted.

Sure, many of us talk like we know something (don't we all, or to put it in your attitude, 'Show me ... and do you, and when you have achieved dat dat dat, then you are qualified to speak to me'!), and we make mistakes, but does one look down on others and belittle them for not knowing? Or is trying to share, educate and perhaps cultivate a better mentality, being civil and courteous a better approach ... just like it might be for whatever 'photographer' that caused whichever pro golfer to loose so many millions of dollars? (apologies, I was not aware, according to your writings, that a "rule" against which exists in pro golf.)

Since there is no law against having personal opinions, I truly hope that you do not try to cultivate a love and appreciation of photography the way you do with golf.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 31st March 2008 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    Dream Merchant... no wasn't for you, was for everyone....
    Hawaiisg has been de-reg for his attempt to flamebait DM and the use of vulgarities.

for those who are thinking of going down the same path, kindly take note of the CS guidelines.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63954

1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeated violation of this rule will result in banishment.

5. Flaming / Personal Attacks - We will not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks or self-promoting messages. Please refer to Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Went for bowling this afternoon. Behind me, a bunch of aunties n uncle. They not only talk loudly but also, gamble down there. Make me lost concentration n my score dropped
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Tiger Wood at Sheshan, Shanghai

In 2005 at the inaugural HSBC CHAMPIONS Golf tournament worth USD$5m, I spent an entire day at the Sheshan International Golf course where Tiger Woods and fellow pros played. The course is notorious for being "the noisiest in the world" as quoted by a newspaper the day after the tournament.

Noisy is an understatement at Sheshan. Because it was the first time Tiger and all the other big names was invited there, the venue was crowded to say the least. If you look at my gallery, the fourth picture warns "Strictly No Mobile Phones or Cameras" in English and Chinese .. I was at first concerned since there was no way I was able to hide my 20D/70-200 under the jacket. I had come all the way from Brunei and I wasn't going to leave my gear in the bus! As we made our way past the entrance, everyone seemed to be either talking on their mobile phone or had a camera of some sort around their neck. Lo and behold, when we finally made it inside, it was chaos. Mobile phones and cameras EVERYWHERE!

http://www.shimworld.com/gallery/Golf/Pro/

As a VIP guest of HSBC, I brought along my 20D and 70-200mm so with a max tele reach of 320mm but because I was able to get fairly near to the action, focal length was not a concern. Goes without saying a 100-400mm would have been much better.

I received a couple of warnings from the marshalls who gestured me to put my camera down. Instead of doing that, I moved away to another location where they couldn't see me (journalistic instincts) and continued shooting. Planes took off, children running around with the occasional screams (yes CHILDREN!) and their parents couldn't control them much less the marshalls who were helpless as they watched on. There was no way my 20D's shutter clicks would be loud enough to a concern at the course.

That 20D went on to serve me (after one shutter replacement) at the recent Lexus Golf Classic 2008 last weekend where I was official photog. The combination of 20D and 100-400mm is superb!

http://shimworld.wordpress.com/2008/05/26/nbt-2008-lexus-golf-classic/

The Gross and Nett winners from this tournament will be competing in the Lexus Cup 2008 in Singapore in December. I would love to shoot there given the chance.
    Last edited by janshim; 27th May 2008 at 12:01 PM.
    JAN SHIM PHOTOGRAPHY
    www.shimworld.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12