Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAF landrovers

Default Re: SAF landrovers

not sure about the 30km/h limit, back in my days, wonderful thing to drive in cross country.

merc 3ton is better than the stupid fiat.

but i like the mann truck 5ton and 7ton even more.

hate the uni-mog.

never try jeep. but heard it even better than L/R.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

vince123123
    Guests

Land rover the pedals super hard to step, the gearshift super hard to move. You can get a real workout just working the damn thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Land rover the pedals super hard to step, the gearshift super hard to move. You can get a real workout just working the damn thing lol.
    ah... that is why we have log pt, soc, endurance run, ippt.

Last hear from my camp. Army vehicles only can turn left, not right. So, there aren't any need in term of lane change.

But 30km/h, I think better train army ppl to cycle. Think a road bicycle can travel double of it, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Last hear from my camp. Army vehicles only can turn left, not right. So, there aren't any need in term of lane change.

But 30km/h, I think better train army ppl to cycle. Think a road bicycle can travel double of it, haha!
    right turn is possible.
    eat. drink. shoot

actually, it doesnt matter if it cant go fast on road.

the real fun begins with cross-country driving in heavy rain, impossible to go straight in a 24.5 ton "B" vehicle of the size of a super bus, using it on "C" vehicle track only? scares the **** out of you man. i toppled that vehicle while coming down a slope with deep gullies. now thats what i call fun.

rovers are gooddd!

better than the new ford everest rovers which are air-conditioned but can't chiong around. it's quite amazing what old junks can do in times of emergency in off terrain roads.
    I Love You :)

Arrow Re: SAF landrovers

You want rabbit or turtle mode.

I think that the upper echelon were having a great time in the Toyota Landcruiser with aircon when they were in SWBTA and hence the new Ford SUV.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 29th March 2008 at 11:15 PM.

Is the Ministry of Defence looking at this thread?
    It might be another potential USMS feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    rovers are gooddd!

better than the new ford everest rovers which are air-conditioned but can't chiong around. it's quite amazing what old junks can do in times of emergency in off terrain roads.
    The Ford rovers dun look macho enough leh. We should be having such veh like the Mitsy Pajero, Toy Landcruiser or Prado. Or how about a Humvee?
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

i was a v-com in a five tonner before though..

apparently its turbo charged.. and the pick up is quite amazing.. esp when over taking..

from what the MT-CO had once said.. it seems that the five tonners we are using are built pretty much similarly to the heavy duty garbage trucks in germany or something
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture View Post
    The Ford rovers dun look macho enough leh. We should be having such veh like the Mitsy Pajero, Toy Landcruiser or Prado. Or how about a Humvee?
    Humvees are very prone to toppling over and its size is quite big so not really practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Anyone driven a jeep before? It's a much nicer vehicle to drive compared to the stupid landrovers. Luckily during active days we hardly drive landrovers.
    a jeep is nice to drive but given the number of incidents at my camp being stucked offroad, i rather take landrover anyday

yeap, the 5-tonners are turbo charged, and the sound when it's high revved is *shiok*...too bad the engine power is automatically cut when speed reaches 50km/h...stupid SWD
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    Humvees are very prone to toppling over and its size is quite big so not really practical.
    As I see it, the Toy Fortuner should be the SUV that runs the risk to be the most prone to roll-over, although it looks the most macho.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

These landrovers are great but driving on SG roads, we are like 2nd class citizens.

But off road, the Unimog is better and more stable esp on wet days. On the hills of ROC, once, the drive shaft of a landrover broke but Unimogs have no probs going up the steep incline and its fully loaded. Those LSVs are also mean in tackling slopes and off road.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    These landrovers are great but driving on SG roads, we are like 2nd class citizens.

But off road, the Unimog is better and more stable esp on wet days. On the hills of ROC, once, the drive shaft of a landrover broke but Unimogs have no probs going up the steep incline and its fully loaded. Those LSVs are also mean in tackling slopes and off road.
    er... drive shaft break most likely due to poor maintenance. i even saw one that broke off at the universal join and it was glowing red.

I love my 7 tonners - powerful, huge, comfortable even over rough terrain. But best of all, at night it can comfortably accommodate up to 6 pple in hammocks.

I prefer the landrovers to the 1.5 tonners. The 1.5's got not enough power when its fully outfitted and loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Can go convey on public road but now they use lowloaders to cut cost and to reduce fatigue to the driver.
    also to save track wear... and those things are difficult to change...

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    merc 3ton is better than the stupid fiat.
    stupid fiat... don't get me started... $^$#*&%^(&&@&%@^@$&$

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    the real fun begins with cross-country driving in heavy rain, impossible to go straight in a 24.5 ton "B" vehicle of the size of a super bus, using it on "C" vehicle track only? scares the **** out of you man. i toppled that vehicle while coming down a slope with deep gullies. now thats what i call fun.
    wah, you king... did you have to call another one to recover it or can self recover... those things a scary...

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    yeap, the 5-tonners are turbo charged, and the sound when it's high revved is *shiok*...too bad the engine power is automatically cut when speed reaches 50km/h...stupid SWD
    fiat 3-tonner also turbo charged... still a piece of %$@#

SAF driver are the worst kind of drivers on the road...really hate them...

The way they drive is like crazy...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast