Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SAF landrovers

Default SAF landrovers

for those of you who have driven the damn thing before..do you guys hate it as much as i do? i'm not sure if it's my MT line that hasn't been doing their job in maintaining the damn thing, but the landrovers from where i come from are so prone to breaking down and the speed limit is ridiculously low. SWD is set around 45 km/h. there was even one that was set at 30+ km/h....

i know the dangers of speeding, but going too slow is dangerous too...so many times when i've been trying to change lanes and this moronic taxi driver/motorist/whoever speeds up to prevent me from filtering to the next lane....this despite me signalling my intentions!

really painfully slow..damn things are so old and rusty i could punch a hole through some of the doors..at the risk of poisoning my blood or getting sent to DB if i survived...sigh...

Default Re: SAF landrovers

a plea to all drivers who see some poor guy in no.4 driving a landrover..please let the bugger change lane if you see him signaling..i know how painful and frustrating it is

I heard from my friend based in Ayer Rajah Camp, new Land Rovers came in recently. They test drove it. When start engine, the sound gao gao, very shiok, but speed limiter is the anticlimax.

Which unit bro. 30km/hr is ridiculous.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

I ever drive 60 km/hr on the SAF landrovers. Think the MT line do something to it. Not going to say which unit. Well that was donkey years back. heehee..

Last week i have seen the new landrovers test drive on the road already. I even saw one of it use to sent ammo already.

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    30+ km/h....
    road hogging?
    Last edited by paradigm; 28th March 2008 at 04:25 PM.

3 tonners go 70-80kmh also have...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

5 tonners rumbling through jungle also got, those poor chaps at the back prob think they gotten into a roller coaster

Wait till you try the Bronco...comes with free camouflage.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Which unit bro. 30km/hr is ridiculous.
    i'd rather not say which unit, there are some here from my unit/camp..haha

yes it's road hogging..which is why it's so crazy ridiculous..and dangerous too, not being able to travel at the same speed or close to as the rest of the vehicles...not being able to keep up, it's like being over run by a herd of metal buffalos

today i had like 5 tonners all on separate incidents over taking me..the only vehicle that was slower than me was one of those super long trailers carrying concrete slabs to the construction site

i think no matter how much i or my guys complain, no one is really going to give a hoot about my unit or camp and replace the damn rovers with the new ones...everything is so damn old here

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Wait till you try the Bronco...comes with free camouflage.
    bronco track vehicle right? cannot travel on public road, must use low loader? or am i mistaken? never really seen it before

stayed far away from army cars and trucks while on the road.. becos u simply cannot expect those drivers to be that steady.

If your SWD is screwed up, nothing much you can do but lodge a complaint to the MT Line.
    As for the performance of the L/R...in my experience, its a terrific vehicle to drive offroad.
    I'd much rather drive that to the 5 tonnes or 3 tonnes. Although i do sometimes miss driving the Merz 3 tonnes As for the traffic overtaking you...just remember the old saying that all SAF drivers have 1 foot in DB already. Practice defensive driving and be safe.

i drove that damm thing b4 around 14yrs back , but at that time the SWD were set limit to 50kmph , but i always open up the dashboard and from the left u will notice there is a row of fuse , count to the 3rd from the left pull it out to disable the SWD
    Nikon D600 / D750

Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    i drove that damm thing b4 around 14yrs back , but at that time the SWD were set limit to 50kmph , but i always open up the dashboard and from the left u will notice there is a row of fuse , count to the 3rd from the left pull it out to disable the SWD
    Don't get caught though....its straight to DB.

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    bronco track vehicle right? cannot travel on public road, must use low loader? or am i mistaken? never really seen it before
    Can go convey on public road but now they use lowloaders to cut cost and to reduce fatigue to the driver.

Anyone driven a jeep before? It's a much nicer vehicle to drive compared to the stupid landrovers. Luckily during active days we hardly drive landrovers.

there are new OUV, but not all units can drive them yet. the landrover is still the primary vehicle for use as for now due to it's pros over the new OUV.
    eat. drink. shoot

Some of the landrovers are very old and poorly maintained. The SWD is not set by MT line or LAD but can complain to them. Its the DSMB guys that can change the settings.

Thats the problem with SG drivers, they dun give way to military vehicles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast