Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Cameras are best for Sec School Photography Clubs?

Default Re: Which Cameras are best for Sec School Photography Clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by anglejn View Post
    haha TS if you're still looking..

yea sponsorship is a good idea. especially since now companies are recognising that the youngsters are getting interested in photography at a younger age with growing affluence.. maybe you can try approaching them.

i also realised that audio house gives double the memory cards for nikon cameras than say, SLS or other shops.. that is if you buy the whole kit.
    Memory cards are dirt cheap now... The most only $10-$20 difference. It's cheaper to buy from the usual suspects at prices below the list price. You can get D40 kit for about S$750 or less and D60 kit for $950 or less. For D40 at $750, it's already more than $300 cheaper than Audio House price. That can buy more than double the amount of memory plus a good Manfrotto tripod, plus a dry cabinet, plus a good filter...........
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 23rd June 2008 at 12:20 PM.

I am in Digital Media Club and we need to take photo of our school event and i am the onli one using D60... And everyone is staring at me!

Quote Originally Posted by chuaboonkiat View Post
    I am in Digital Media Club and we need to take photo of our school event and i am the onli one using D60... And everyone is staring at me!
    and you are trying to say?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

First up, I think its important that you get a rather decent camera to start of with, one with interchangeable lenses will be great. Entry-level like the Eos 400D, Eos 350D would be good. The nikon range for entry-level do not have the auto-focus motor in them, buying lenses for these DSLRs will be a little difficult (lesser choice), especially if you want to save cost.

Secondly, if you are a teacher, "push" your students to learn photography "SUPER" quick and come up with ways to sustain yourselves in the long run. Money to get more lenses (introduce students to various types of lenses and to achieve special effects like shallow DOF, etc), more cameras for members, computers for editing, printers (provide printing services) and most importantly, be impressive in front of the principal. (She can decide to put in more $$$ or deduct, so must look good)

Thirdly, if the club have a rather long heritage, you may want to tap on the experiences of the alumni (don't have? create) or the seniors to speed up the process of letting the students learn photography. Some of them may have continued their hobby and learn loads than what they learn at school. Its like "free" courses... ... though it exploits them.

I am so sorry that I never directly answer your question but in my humble opinion, I just feel that cameras are not that important (though its a must to start with a decent one), its how you continue to develop your club further and THAT, determines the survival and success of the club in the school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123