Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-ray lens question, in regards to an incident at Cosplay Matsuri

Default Re: X-ray lens question, in regards to an incident at Cosplay Matsuri

You don't have to worry too much, the filter will work only on certain condition and material, not so easy to see thru, not to mention most people wear a few layers of clothes.

I have a modified D70 able to take infrared photos, I took a photo of myself in black clothes that day.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

think it only applies to older models of Sony Cameras or Camcorders with Super Night Mode on.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    handsum sia.....

You don't have to worry too much, the filter will work only on certain condition and material, not so easy to see thru, not to mention most people wear a few layers of clothes.

I have a modified D70 able to take infrared photos, I took a photo of myself in black clothes that day.

so hamsome!

TEE - F - CEE - DEE!!! Hehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    so hamsome!
    now going to have a lot of xmm looking for marriage

Dont worry too much about it. To have an x-ray (ie IR) filter that can penetrate up to the third layer of clothing without see the bones will be a real challenge. If you saw the picture on his screen, did you recall seeing anything at skin level?
    Last edited by contaxable; 11th April 2008 at 11:28 AM.

Wow, nice. Didnt know you have a mustache. Pink underwear?

alamak, I trying to help TS, you all come and disturb me??!!

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

alamak, I trying to help TS, you all come and disturb me??!!

but teacher

you not wearing cosplay outfit

can wear cosplay outfit and use your camera to take?

Once again, thanks for all your help!

The place was lit by daylight and indoor lights (Amphitheatre level of VivoCity).

I didn't see the photo, my friend did. I think that the screen was too small for anyone standing at a distance to see details. It seems that he had trouble taking the picture he wanted, because he was taking a few more photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukihito View Post
    Sorry to dig up such a old thread, but I wish to thank everyone for the help rendered!

My computer had crashed shortly after I created this thread, and I rather took my time in restoring it back to normal.

I'm not a pervert, I'm a cosplayer.

I asked this question because a friend spotted a photographer at March's Cosplay Matsuri taking a photo of me with the 'x-ray lens' I mentioned earlier, which he identified by the green tint of the photo on the screen. Therefore, I guess that it should be the Sony Nightshot that was mentioned.

The same friend informed me that while white will reflect the light and thus negate the x-ray effect, black will be see-through. Is that true? I suppose that since I was wearing about three layers of clothing, I should have less cause to worry.

In case any of you were wondering, I didn't manage to identify the photographer, but perhaps my friend will remember if he sees him again. It ended with my friend showing the photographer the middle finger and scaring him off.
    It's not the colour, but the thickness of the clothes and the ability of the IR rays to pass thru. And this only applies to the video-cams since there is a requirement of the Night-shot mode to be working before this IR capability can be achieved. The thinner the clothes, the easier it is to get such an effect.

I have even taken a almost IR shot when I photographed some frens who were wearing thin black clothes with flash. The flash actually went thru the clothes and illuminated the undergarments...

After showing the pic to them, I deleted it off my camera. Needed to remind them that such clothes are not safe...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Thanks for your help, everyone! I have gathered the information that I needed, and I hope that you all won't mind if I link this thread back to SGCafe in the Cosplay Chat section.

If anyone has a problem, please inform me and I will take it off straightaway. Otherwise, if there is anybody with information to contribute, please do so. Thank you!

Consider this too... What do you see?

(this pic taken from davidkow's thread in Portraits and Poses)

Alpha

Oh, and mind you, that dress is actually bright pink.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12