Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which car model to recommend for a first-time driver

Default Re: Which car model to recommend for a first-time driver

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Depends on how you see it. $52k is for the Jazz/FIT(GD), $58k is for the '08 Fit(GE)
    instalement monthly ish hw much?

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    lsisaxon, yr latio FC at 15km/l is great...my sports is giving me 12km/l b4 the 1000km
    servicing and 13km/l after servicing...hit once at 14km/l but on avg is 13km/l.
    going for 5k servicing soon so hopefully can give better FC after that...me on 75-80%
    highway.

to the TS, i also recommend Latio, reason being FC not bad and the luxurious, spacious
    interior and comfy drive sure beats FIT/Jazz upside down..
    !@#$%^ I got rear ended today at ECP...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    How does that help?
    I have absolutely no idea.... but I got better FC after I switched.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    !@#$%^ I got rear ended today at ECP...
    what happened ?

what happened ?
    The taxi in front of me jammed his brake because the entire lane 1 stopped. I got enough braking distance so I braked and when I stopped about a meter from him, BANG, someone banged me from behind and a chain collision occured. The the lane moved and the taxi in front moved off.. I think the car behind me wasn't paying attention or he's following too close, couldn't brake in time.. sian... Now car with nissan workshop.

That's why.. remember to keep enough distance...
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 7th April 2008 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    I have absolutely no idea.... but I got better FC after I switched.
    LOL.

The taxi in front of me jammed his brake because the entire lane 1 stopped. I got enough braking distance so I braked and when I stopped about a meter from him, BANG, someone banged me from behind and a chain collision occured. The the lane moved and the taxi in front moved off.. I think the car behind me wasn't paying attention or he's following too close, couldn't brake in time.. sian... Now car with nissan workshop.

tough luck for u today

sometimes not yr fault but still kenna hit by bodoh burger behind..did he admit that he
    wasnt paying attention or following too close ?

It doesn't help if the one behind you doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkchua79 View Post
    instalement monthly ish hw much?
    That would depend on your length of loan and the amount of downpayment you put down.

tough luck for u today

sometimes not yr fault but still kenna hit by bodoh burger behind..did he admit that he
    wasnt paying attention or following too close ?
    He's letting insurance handle, never said anything just gave his particulars. He got people crashing into him also but his impact from the rear wasn't too great. The problem is I was concentrating on the traffic in front I didn't see how close he was. Maybe I need not know. I kept my distance otherwise I would have rear ended the cab in front.

Now my only problem is that Nissan is claiming from my insurance first then get a lawyer to claim back from 3rd party. That's probably going to affect my NCB when I renew my insurance in Dec if the 3rd party claim is not settled. Plus I've got to pay for the insurance excess myself first. Mine's quite hefty because still P-plate.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 7th April 2008 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    It doesn't help if the one behind you doesn't.
    Yeah... sian...

Now my only problem is that Nissan is claiming from my insurance first then get a lawyer to claim back from 3rd party. That's probably going to affect my NCB when I renew my insurance in Dec if the 3rd party claim is not settled. Plus I've got to pay for the insurance excess myself first. Mine's quite hefty because still P-plate.
    yes..our excess very ex..mine is $2.5k...but now u kenna hit from behind, not the other way
    round, why shld it affect yr NCB since u going to claim from the party who hit u...can't Nissan
    juz claim everything from the other party's insurance company without touching yr insurance?
    sorry not very familiar with all these car insurance claim thingy..
    Last edited by cookiez; 14th April 2008 at 01:39 PM.

yes..our excess very ex..mine is $2.5k...but now u kenna hit from behind, not the other way
    round, why shld it affect yr NCB since u going to claim from the party who hit u...can't Nissan
    juz claim everything from the other party's insurance company without touching yr insurance?
    sorry not very familiar with all these car insurance claim thingy..
    No.. Nissan will claim from mine first then assign a lawyer to help me claim from 3rd party. If successful then they will refund my excess and restore my NCB. Other workshop approached me and told me they will claim directly from 3rd party but since my car is still new, I prefer to go back to Nissan.

Just collected my car today.. Seems like they did a good job but the car is already blemished, there are already some wrinkles in the spare tyre compartment in the boot.. Paid $2996 for the excess.. sigh...
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 15th April 2008 at 04:12 PM.

lsisaxon, yr latio FC at 15km/l is great...my sports is giving me 12km/l b4 the 1000km
    servicing and 13km/l after servicing...hit once at 14km/l but on avg is 13km/l.
    going for 5k servicing soon so hopefully can give better FC after that...me on 75-80%
    highway.

to the TS, i also recommend Latio, reason being FC not bad and the luxurious, spacious
    interior and comfy drive sure beats FIT/Jazz upside down..
    latio beats fit/jazz upside down in terms of space,luxury and drive? u make it sound like the latio is some merc S class or bmw 7 series.. and the fit/jazz is is some ulu car from a 3rd world country.

anyway the latio hatchback looks good, add bodykit and spoiler and it looks real sporty. but the sedan version....that's another story altogether. Let's just say the sedan is more suited for the older/mature crowd..
    Last edited by lukesky; 3rd June 2008 at 08:38 AM.

Esso has 5% station discount and additional 5% discount if you use DBS Esso Tiger card. Now more cards are giving additional 5% discount for petrol. SPC gives up to 8% station discount and since card discount is another 5%, that works out to be 13%. 3% more that the other stations. But I believe Shell and Esso gives better mileage than SPC.
    SPC gives 8% station discount? Ok will check it out to see if it's really true. If it is then might be worth to switch to SPC...

Quote Originally Posted by lukesky View Post
    latio beats fit/jazz upside down in terms of space,luxury and drive? u make it sound like the latio is some merc S class or bmw 7 series.. and the fit/jazz is is some ulu car from a 3rd world country.
    thats yr own thinking...i'm juz trying to compare 2 cars of the same category...if u hv
    driven both cars b4, u will know why I said that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456