Thread: Fake accident....

Default Fake accident....

Trio charged with faking accident

They tried to cheat a motorist into thinking he ran over the foot of one of them while driving out of a carpark. -ST
    Elena Chong, Court Correspondent

Wed, Mar 26, 2008
    AsiaOne

THREE men have been charged with faking a traffic accident to cheat a motorist.

Muhammad Rafee Abdullah, 32, Mohamad Iswadi Ismail, 23, both unemployed, and Pang Cheng Jea, 39, an odd-job worker, are accused of cheating contractor Beh Chin Hock of $50 at a carpark in Bedok North on March 17.

Mr Beh was allegedly deceived into believing that one of the rear tyres of his car had accidentally run over Pang's foot as he was driving out of the carpark.

Pang also faced a separate charge on Wednesday of stealing a $200 mobile phone from Mr Goh Seng Hai on a bus along Punggol Central on March 20.

Separately, Rafee was also charged with four counts of having uncensored and obscene VCDs and films under the Films Act.

Iswadi and Pang were released on $10,000 bail each, but Rafee was remanded as he allegedly committed the offence while on court bail.

All three will be back in court again on April 2.

information from http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/A...326-56410.html

Default Re: Fake accident....

this happened to me lor!!!
    And i gave 100 bucks.... had to dig from all around, cause i forgot to bring out my wallet that day!!!

What you should do if you suspect a fake is to call the police and they will give you money to let them go

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Trio charged with faking accident

They tried to cheat a motorist into thinking he ran over the foot of one of them while driving out of a carpark. -ST
    Elena Chong, Court Correspondent

Wed, Mar 26, 2008
    AsiaOne

THREE men have been charged with faking a traffic accident to cheat a motorist.

Muhammad Rafee Abdullah, 32, Mohamad Iswadi Ismail, 23, both unemployed, and Pang Cheng Jea, 39, an odd-job worker, are accused of cheating contractor Beh Chin Hock of $50 at a carpark in Bedok North on March 17.

Mr Beh was allegedly deceived into believing that one of the rear tyres of his car had accidentally run over Pang's foot as he was driving out of the carpark.

Pang also faced a separate charge on Wednesday of stealing a $200 mobile phone from Mr Goh Seng Hai on a bus along Punggol Central on March 20.

Separately, Rafee was also charged with four counts of having uncensored and obscene VCDs and films under the Films Act.

Iswadi and Pang were released on $10,000 bail each, but Rafee was remanded as he allegedly committed the offence while on court bail.

All three will be back in court again on April 2.

information from http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/A...326-56410.html

must be inspire from the channel 8, 9pm show
    lol

Wow the contractor has the same unique surname as me - 'Beh'!

Just to be sure call police. Or act as if you're calling. See how. Just like when they threaten to call police when you're photographing their building. Call? Call lor I wait for them to come with you.

happened to my fren and i when we were at geylang one night. u know how the pedestrians and traffic is like over there yah?

my fren was the driver, i was the passenger. when we were turning left into a small road, we were going very slow because people crossing the small road, then got this fella, looks like a malay man, he suddenly hit the bonnet a couple of times and then his face looked like in pain. from my angle it really looked as if his foot was under the front left wheel. then my fren went forward a bit because the car was blocking main road traffic, and I'd thought that he would have rolled over the guy's leg even more, but the guy's expression didn't show any difference.

so he put hazard light, came out of the car and asked what's wrong, the guy pointed to his foot but never say anything. as expected, a small crowd gathered, some indian workers started saying that we ran over his foot. then my fren say, 'want to go hospital?' The guy shook his head and stuck out his hand. That's when he knew it was a scam. He told that fella either call police or ambulance now, or forget it. The guy just looked at him with a blur face and still stuck out his hand, shaking it up and down. Then my fren walked back into the car and we drove off.

the correct thing to do is offer to send the guy to hospital for full foot checkup. if doc say u really ran over his foot, then medical bills u have to pay. then this will discourage such scammers man..