Thread: Yawn....YEeeee HA!!!!!!

Talking Yawn....YEeeee HA!!!!!!

1. I took this jaguar pic in the zoo....man..i dun know why these animals like to show their butt to people....

C&C are very welcome.....thanks!
    Last edited by eikin; 26th March 2008 at 08:53 PM.
    Canon, cAnon, caNon, canOn, canoN....Simply Loving IT!!

Default Re: Yawn....YEeeee HA!!!!!!

please note that critique request is limited to 1 per week as per guidelines http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

and please include a proper writeup for your picture.

err....anyone to comment on the pic pls?
    Thanks!

The depth of field is a wee bit too shallow. This is a skill...have to be sensitive to aperture changes with regards to depth of field. Either you are experienced or you have depth of field chart.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

hey back ground blurr is stunningbut wher is the butt???ur pic cud have done with better composition,with the buttand angle

from what i observe,
    you are performing Gaussian blurring on the background, in attempt to simulate shallow DOF.

But do it mindfully, since the plane with the leopard's head/forearm and the "log"(?, upon it rest) does not match.

seconding, the background chroma is leaking into the foreground leopard. use a better mask.
    我吔呢班打工仔, 一生一世為錢幣做奴隸 flickr

Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    hey back ground blurr is stunningbut wher is the butt???ur pic cud have done with better composition,with the buttand angle
    hehe...the butt didn't fit in. I shot it thru the glass and any further down the photo, there is reflection. I was shooting right in front with my lens resting on the glass panel. it is not easy to take pic thru a glass man....gees!

thanks for your comments....i appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by leews2001 View Post
    from what i observe,
    you are performing Gaussian blurring on the background, in attempt to simulate shallow DOF.

But do it mindfully, since the plane with the leopard's head/forearm and the "log"(?, upon it rest) does not match.

seconding, the background chroma is leaking into the foreground leopard. use a better mask.
    hi,
    ya i realised that the foreground was somehow swallowed by the log blurring too. When i looked back at the original pic, the log was over exposed from the direct sunlight. So...as such, the front paw of the leopard was over exposed as well. So...even though when i did extract selection with photoshop on the leopard itself, and gaussian blur the rest, and having to lower the overexposure on the log, i got the log blurred out with the front paw that seemed blurred too.

Thanks for your comments...i will take note of your comments.