Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safra Photo Club

Default Safra Photo Club

is there anyone who is a member of Safra's photo club? i read from their website that they have a studio for rental to the members at $40/3hr. what are the equipment available there? i saw that they provide 6 lights but are they strobes or continuous lights?

Default Re: Safra Photo Club

gee. i'm a safra member but didn't know of a safra photo club.

anyway, have you tried contacting them? The rates seem pretty attractive, although i wonder where the studio is....

its this place at SAFRA Mount Faber.

safra photo club

jcryan55
    Guests

they will only rent out the studio to members who have taken the indoor portraiture course. So, it is not anyone who can book and rent the studio.

oooohhhh....

i've been there once thru a photog instructor.

sth like this?

hope the ppl in the photo don't mind
    Last edited by Fragnatic; 27th March 2008 at 12:03 PM.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

Smile Re: Safra Photo Club

Quote Originally Posted by jcryan55 View Post
    they will only rent out the studio to members who have taken the indoor portraiture course. So, it is not anyone who can book and rent the studio.
    Yup, the studio is available for rent for SAFRA Photographic Club members at $42.80 for 3 hours. Criteria for rental is that you have to taken either the Studio Portraiture Course with them or any studio course. This is to prevent members with no prior/sufficient studio experience to handle the studio equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tay View Post
    Yup, the studio is available for rent for SAFRA Photographic Club members at $42.80 for 3 hours. Criteria for rental is that you have to taken either the Studio Portraiture Course with them or any studio course. This is to prevent members with no prior/sufficient studio experience to handle the studio equipment.

Hi.. may i ask u what are the Criteria for bring a member with the safra phtography club?
    Nikon D300|MB-D10|Nikon F2|Nikon 24-70mm f2.8G ED|Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF-D|SB-80DX|Next:70-200mm

Quote Originally Posted by NormanTan View Post
    Hi.. may i ask u what are the Criteria for bring a member with the safra phtography club?
    1st, u must become a member of SAFRA, then u can apply to be a member of the SAFRA Photography Club.

And to rent the studio, as someone has pointed out, one has to attend AND complete the studio portraiture course.

IIRC, most, if not all, the lighting equipment there is Elinchrom. Someone who have been to the new studio can correct me if there's mistakes in the make of the equipment.

no critieria to meet . except, being an existing member of safra. not 100% sure on this though.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    no critieria to meet . except, being an existing member of safra. not 100% sure on this though.
    so all in all, how to join?
    Nikon D300|MB-D10|Nikon F2|Nikon 24-70mm f2.8G ED|Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF-D|SB-80DX|Next:70-200mm

approach safra clubs and enquire to join.

so all in all, how to join?
    Go to the SAFRA @ Mount Faber, enquire abt the SAFRA normal membership and Photography Club membership, the counter staff will be able to help you.

If you are a NS man (or reservist or active personnel), u'll get discounted rates for the normal memberbship if u sign up >1yr. Spouses and non-NS man pay higher membership fees IIRC.

The counter will also have a schedule of all the courses offered by the Photography Club.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post
    Go to the SAFRA @ Mount Faber, enquire abt the SAFRA normal membership and Photography Club membership, the counter staff will be able to help you.

If you are a NS man (or reservist or active personnel), u'll get discounted rates for the normal memberbship if u sign up >1yr. Spouses and non-NS man pay higher membership fees IIRC.

The counter will also have a schedule of all the courses offered by the Photography Club.
    got it^^ thanks^^

Yup, thats right.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tay View Post
    Yup, thats right.
    hey andy.. if i wanna join the basic photography course, will i be able to start as soon as i join or do i have to wait for the next set of class eh?

Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

hey andy.. if i wanna join the basic photography course, will i be able to start as soon as i join or do i have to wait for the next set of class eh?
    This you have to check with the counter staff on the signups. There is a minimum signup to be met before the class starts.

Not too sure if you can just call up and enquire, but you can try. Contact number probably in the website address mentioned in previous post.

This you have to check with the counter staff on the signups. There is a minimum signup to be met before the class starts.

Not too sure if you can just call up and enquire, but you can try. Contact number probably in the website address mentioned in previous post.
    thanks for your info=]

Just wondering if there is any age requirements or limits for the Safra Photography Club.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast