Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camera bag recommendation?

Default camera bag recommendation?

Hi guys, I'm looking for camera bag for DSLR. Is there any brand that produce stylish bag instead of the common dull-looking bag? I know Crumpler does have but is a bit too expensive, is there alternative brand which is style, good and cheap?

Default Re: camera bag recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by bruno84sg View Post
    ... is there alternative brand which is style, good and cheap?
    the bag that comes w camera purchase is style, good and free!
    cheap and good is possible.
    cheap and good and style somemore, a bit hard la...

I don't consider Crumpler expensive because the material is durable, the padding is thick, and barring manufacturing faults, they last a long time.

If you're willing to settle for less style, less durable and less padding, there's Bagman.

I've seen it at a couple of shops in Queensway and at Challenger in Funan.

Bagman is fine for day use. But I wouldn't use it on a holiday, for example. (Then again, some wouldn't use Crumplers on holiday 'cos of fear of theft!)

I use the Bagman Snapshot Trekka on a daily basis without the camera padding insert as a laptop bag. I've also used it for day shoots. For a recent two-week holiday, I used a Crumpler $6M Home.

So, both have their place. You just have to decide based on your intended usage and how much you are willing to sacrifice price vs quality. If you're not gentle with your equipment, I suggest going for quality.

For something a little different, there's also the Lowepro Primus AW. Really good if you go for outdoor walks. I can store 1 DSLR with 18-200 attached, a 12-24 and a 50 (lower compartment), as well as change of clothes and snacks (top compartment), and a 2L water bladder (in the front pouch).

Because of its shape, it doesn't look like normal Lowepro bags. The side opening is useful only if you have a relatively compact DSLR though.

thanks!! But is Crumpler 5M able to put 1 body, 2 lens, 1 flash, 1 extra battery

Scuba & Father... For Life

Affordable and reliable - Lowepro

I'm using a Lowepro Fastpack 200. If you got A4 documents to bring along wherever you go, the Fastpack 250 would be more ideal as there is a laptop slot at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTan89 View Post
    Affordable and reliable - Lowepro

I'm using a Lowepro Fastpack 200. If you got A4 documents to bring along wherever you go, the Fastpack 250 would be more ideal as there is a laptop slot at the back.

Do you happened to know the price for Fastpack 350?

Fastpack 350 ? that i'm not too sure but the Fastpack 250 is going at S$155 at John 3:16

I think I prefer sling bag like Crumpler 5M or NG 2475

Anyway, do any of you guys know if Billingham bags are available in Singapore ?

Authorized distributor:
    Yip Chieng Trading Services
    17a, Jalan Selamat
    Singapore 418538

Tel: +65 6441 9560
    Email: photopk@singnet.com.sg

Pl come to Orient Photo. There are models of Billingham bags on display for sale.

I had a crumpler, lowepro and the Nikon camera bag which was given free. My favourite surprisingly is the Nikon bag.

When on holiday, I use crumpler. On events, used the Lowepro.

Default camera bag recommendation?

Anyone know where to get bagman camera bag? I saw 1 at challenger but I cfm tat shop sure selling abt $10 more than market price.

Crumpler gets my vote for its overall workmanship. Also, stylo mar, to be carrying a Crumpler bag, OK la.

Go to their website and they've a pretty clear presentation of what can be fit into which models.

Tip:If you have EpiCentre Card, you can get 10% off purchases, not sure if it only applies to their store at Wheelock or all. Same if you have the DBS LiveFresh credit card too.

crumpler is more towards casual, tat's y it's under my consideration. But a bit too common, now I go everywhere... see ppl carry tat for non & cam-bag. No sense of uniqueness.
    Anyway, I saw a logo of the bagman being used in 'caseman' and 'kana'. Are they original? or chiong de? I saw the bagman selling at $75 @ challenger. I went Orient Photo @ Sim Lim, I saw 1 'kana' selling at $55 wif the same size and design. The 2 models I saw at challenger were actually not shown in the official website http://www.bagmangear.com/01home.html , r they chiong also?
    Last edited by bruno84sg; 29th March 2008 at 08:32 PM.

u want something not common...try tamrac messger 4 ..light n slim (at < 5") in ext wide..or something that loud, kata. oya, thinktank also, u dun many pple using it..

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    u want something not common...try tamrac messger 4 ..light n slim (at < 5") in ext wide..or something that loud, kata. oya, thinktank also, u dun many pple using it..
    How much is that? Issit Tamrac model 5534 adventure messenger 4?

abt $68..is light

Anybody use National Geographic NG 2475? Is there side padded for tat model? Becuz I went CP and had a feel of it, seems like it doesn't have side pads which means it doesn't provide protection at the side... dangerous

Anyway, anybody can tell me how to add the "comment" below the nick that show wat camera/len/flash u r using now? I tried to search for the option but negative
    Last edited by bruno84sg; 29th March 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast