Thread: The Talking Walkway

Default The Talking Walkway

Default Re: The Talking Walkway

Originally posted by JasK
    What do you guys think?

This shot was selected for publishing in one of International Library of Photography books, Mysterious Motions due to be released on May 30th 2002. They also informed me by mail that it is in the semi-final competition of their International Open Amatuer Photography Competition. How credible are they, i do not really trust. They seem to be more concern of making money out of photographers pocket by publishing a picture. Plus there are lots of them. You may want to check them out at www.picture.com

i receive too! but who cares.. since can enter, then happy =)
    Canon Lover :)

don't take it too hard......

but I definately think that site is fishy, I think it is probably one of those that make money by selling their books to photographer. They do this by including the photos in their book and prey on the photographer's dream to get published.

I would say there isn't anything special about this photo. good try, but you'll need that X-factor in your photo to make it stand out.

Why it lacks the X-factor ? well, the photos does not have anythings "unreproduceble" about it, and it is not a technically difficult photos. Anyone can go back to the same spot and retake this photo.

rgs
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by rueyloon
    don't take it too hard......

but I definately think that site is fishy, I think it is probably one of those that make money by selling their books to photographer. They do this by including the photos in their book and prey on the photographer's dream to get published.

I would say there isn't anything special about this photo. good try, but you'll need that X-factor in your photo to make it stand out.

Why it lacks the X-factor ? well, the photos does not have anythings "unreproduceble" about it, and it is not a technically difficult photos. Anyone can go back to the same spot and retake this photo.

rgs
    Very right about picture.com, thats why i cant be bordered with them.

Appreciate your frank opinion.

I am not implying anything here

However if you look at it and take it as a architectural image. I personally find that the lines are straight, the way they should be and not falling away as would normally happen with this my lens & camera combination(MZ-3 with the 77mm,f/1.8). I remember some comments on the pentax forum saying it was taken by a medium format camera with a tilt and shift lens. Just pretty surprised then.

neat row of lamps