Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    now kids dont like these toys liao. They want psp, nds, ps3,xbox n wii.
    wa

nowadays kids damn loaded.

not surprising to see ginnas armed with big DSLRs n Big MaMa Lenses too.

if only i got so much moola, i will buy a LFC share!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Kaka not S$0.20 leh... at least 30 million pound a pop
    can la!

we exchange our wonder winger for him lor!

they kio sai ok! WONDER WINGER for a kaka!

Me too I want to be a share holder of LFC....but no Mola leh
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Me too I want to be a share holder of LFC....but no Mola leh
    no moola nvm. dun go form a circle n sell kacheng.

ask them go fly kite lah, Kaka for our wonderful Striker cum winger hahaha must throw in Messi now as he score the all important away goal
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

ask them go fly kite lah, Kaka for our wonderful Striker cum winger hahaha must throw in Messi now as he score the all important away goal
    after scoring an impt away goals, i bet his value increased abit plus may called up for dutch squad soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa

nowadays kids damn loaded.

not surprising to see ginnas armed with big DSLRs n Big MaMa Lenses too.

if only i got so much moola, i will buy a LFC share!
    I used to own 100 Man U shares. Bot at 1 pound 51 and sold it to the Glaziers for 3 pounds
    Last edited by jeff49er; 4th April 2008 at 02:57 PM.

Kaka not S$0.20 leh... at least 30 million pound a pop

we no $, can only afford $0.20 kaka

Kaka and Messi for Wonderful KioSai King Striker cum right winger cum future right back plus MC King Getwell for Kaka and Messi
    wah, good deal for Barca

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    I used to own 100 Man U shares. Bot at 1 pound 51 and sold it to the Glaziers for 3 pounds
    wa lich!! so lich!!!

FOOTBALLER `FIXED` MATCH TO PAY GAMBLING DEBT - REPORTS

A footballer has reportedly confessed to fixing a match in order to pay back a £50k gambling debt.

According to The Sun, 'The former Premiership ace agreed to get himself sent off and persuade three team-mates to get themselves booked. The gambling addict, who has not been identified, owed the cash to a bookie but was told the debt would be wiped out if he agreed to fix the fixture. His team lost the game, which was played during the past two years.'

The newspaper reports that the player 'sought treatment for his addiction' and is 'said to be "ashamed and full of remorse".' His case is believed to have been revealed at 'a seminar on gambling at the Sporting Chance clinic in Hampshire this week.'

There is no indication of who this player could be - although there is a rather large clue that the Sun do not know who he is either: their report finishes with a plea for anyone able to identity the star to call their newsdesk.

oh my goodness. earn so much $$ still can owe others $$$$$???

wat is wrong with these clowns? got $$ then go n buy property or shares n invest $$ la. wat for go n gamble the hard-earned $$ away?!?!

stupid or wat??

MASCHERANO ISSUES APOLOGY

Javier Mascherano has publicly apologised for the furious reaction to his sending-off at Manchester United which saw him handed an additional two-game ban.

The Liverpool midfielder, who has already served a mandatory one-match suspension for his red card at Old Trafford almost two weeks ago, admitted a Football Association charge of improper conduct levied for his angry refusal to leave the field.

Following a personal hearing before a disciplinary panel yesterday, the 23-year-old Argentina international saw his ban extended and was fined £15,000.

Liverpool are pondering an appeal against the severity of the punishment and have until midday to lodge it with the FA.

Mascherano himself was full of remorse for his behaviour, telling the Daily Mail: "I apologise to everyone. I made a mistake and I regret this mistake. It was my fault.

"I am not a dirty player, I do not make a habit of showing disrespect towards referees.

"I don't like this and I can only think the high intensity of the fixture, against Manchester United, affected my behaviour that day. It was out of character but I do not use that as an excuse."

The red card was a first in English football for Mascherano.

Having already been cautioned by Steve Bennett, he was shown a second yellow card in the 44th minute after running 20 metres to question the booking of striker Fernando Torres.

The midfielder added: "Looking back at that game, I was wrong to approach the referee. I approached him to talk to him but I understand this was not a good idea.

"I reacted badly to the red card because I could not believe what was happening to me.

"I must learn my lesson but move on from this and forget what has happened. I hope people know that I try to be fair and that I have no intention to be aggressive.

"Off the field, it has been a difficult time for me. My disciplinary record has been good until now but I have to show that again. I always try to respect decisions by the referee and this is important."

Any Liverpool appeal would focus on Mascherano being made a scapegoat for some high-profile displays of petulance towards referees.

A club spokesman said: "Although we received a fair hearing, we must now decide whether to appeal on the basis of inconsistency of sentencing for Javier based on past precedents."

Those precedents could include the cases of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who staged a long protest after being sent off in last season's Carling Cup final, and that of Watford's John Eustace, who showed a reluctance to leave the field after being dismissed last month.

Both players had their automatic bans extended by only one match.

'For Wenger, it must have been so painful to watch. First there was the ease with which Steven Gerrard left Mathieu Flamini in his wake before surging past Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure.

'Then came Gael Clichy's failure to stop Kuyt from meeting the Liverpool captain's cross with a close-range finish.

'Clichy had allowed the Dutchman to cut inside him. Advantage Liverpool.

It is the kind of advantage that Rafa Benitez and his players have proved the masters of protecting in the Champions League, that they have protected at the expense of teams like AC Milan and Barcelona, Inter Milan and Chelsea.

Even if Arsenal can reflect on a fine record at Anfield and a season that has seen them score with impressive consistency on their travels, staying off that list of illustrious Liverpool scalps is not going to be easy' - Matt Lawton, The Daily Mail.

'Advantage Rafael Benitez - another classic from the old master of the Champions League smash and grab. Last night his team made the dark art of European football look bliss-fully simple as they took Arsène Wenger's season to the brink of extinction.

'Arsenal will remember the penalty that was never given to Alexander Hleb and they will regret the moment that they allowed Dirk Kuyt in to poach the equaliser, three minutes after Emmanuel Adebayor gave them the lead. But most of all they will consider the trip to Anfield on Tuesday with bleak foreboding: nowhere in Europe, not even San Siro, has quite the same reputation as the fortress in Stanley Park' - Sam Wallace, The Independent.

kite really broke gooners hearts
    first he fell down and got a kiosai goal, then fell Helb and no PK given....
    simply wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    kite really broke gooners hearts
    first he fell down and got a kiosai goal, then fell Helb and no PK given....
    simply wonderful
    our wonder winger!!!! still wondering how in the world he scores so much goals in the dutch league!

and how the hell he got into LFC first team!!!

wat a wonderful player!

he convert into ghost mode lurking behind arsenal defenders to score. Again he execute his ghost mode to have the slightest touch wf helb and ref didnt see anything wrong. ref thought helb trip himself.

he convert into ghost mode lurking behind arsenal defenders to score. Again he execute his ghost mode to have the slightest touch wf helb and ref didnt see anything wrong. ref thought helb trip himself.

he should be right or left back ALL the time. Then can turn on his ghost mode and trip every single winger trying to come down the flanks.

wahahaha

tat hleb guy really fell like c.ronaldo always do the last time round.

full of wayang.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    he should be right or left back ALL the time. Then can turn on his ghost mode and trip every single winger trying to come down the flanks.
    next season we shud save on a right fullback n instead go all out for a right winger since our hero, dirty kite can fill in as a right back, or left back.

very interesting stats... guess who tops assist for Liverpool in CL? Harry Kewell.... and if i am not wrong he has 3 assists in like 3 games played in 1st round.. LOL

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast