Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 994

Thread: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

  1. #761
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    confirm plus guarantee plus chop we will play counter this weekend.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #762
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...522303&cc=3888

    Rafa hails Kuyt as Liverpool's Euro hero



    Rafael Benitez hailed goal hero Dirk Kuyt in Liverpool's 1-1 draw in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final first leg at Arsenal.

    Kuyt got on the end of a stunning surge and cross from captain Steven Gerrard to equalise, just minutes after Emmanuel Adebayor had headed Arsenal ahead in the opening period.

    Bur Benitez was equally impressed with Kuyt's all-round display, the Dutchman making it six goals in European competition for him this season - out of 10 overall for the campaign.

    Benitez said: 'Kuyt was our man of the match - he ran and ran and ran.

    'If we played another game straight afterwards he would still be running. He was always working and supporting.'

    Liverpool staged a sterling defensive display to protect their draw, with the second leg at Anfield next Tuesday.

    Benitez said: 'In the second half we were forced back, because Arsenal were attacking and attacking.

    'They are such a good team, so we had to defend anyway we could. We had to play deep.

    'It was important for us to hit back straight after they scored. If you do not do that you end up being 2-0 down very soon - and it is over.

    'Always it is important to score away in the Champions League, always. Now we have the advantage of playing at Anfield in front of our own fans.

    'Then if we score it will always be hard for them. It is a good situation for us, but still difficult.

    '(Arsenal manager) Arsene (Wenger) may say they are still favourites, but he knows it will be as difficult for them as it will be for us.'








    yeah, tas all dirty kite does. run n run n run n kiosai at the end of a low cross.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #763
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong Lake District - West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    at least he did kiosai......

  4. #764
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    at least he did kiosai......
    yeah, he scored 10goals tis season.


    6 in the CL.




    can u belif it?


    10goals!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #765
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    yeah, he scored 10goals tis season.


    6 in the CL.




    can u belif it?


    10goals!
    omg the statistic is POWER!!!

  6. #766
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Juve is interested in signing Kewell. Looks like he will be reunited with Momo
    maybe momo ask juve boss to buy getwell.

  7. #767
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

    Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

    so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.


    Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

    1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

    2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.


    Current standings:

    1) Cheesecake 31 points
    2) roadrunner 29 points
    3) jfoo 23 points
    4) kelccm 19 points
    5) blazer_works 18 points
    6) dfstan 17 points
    7) canew 15 points
    8) airfins 12 points
    9) grumpy 12 points
    10) zhapchit 11 points
    11) roDz 10 points
    12) zan82 8point
    13). boresome 5pts
    14). xen0275 4 points
    15). estronutz 3 points
    16). nemesis32 2 points
    17). parchiao 2 point
    18). mpenza 1 point
    19). dnd 1 point
    20). Taurean 1pt


    gooners vs. LIVERPOOL F.C!!

    CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL FIRST LEG

    1-1 draw with DIRTY KITE EQUALISING FOR LFC!! STUNNER!!!



    1). 1-1 Draw! (torres!) crazy cheesecake --> 3pts
    2). 1-0 Liverpool win! (Gerrard) roDz --> 0pts
    3). 1-0 Liverpool WIN! (Gerrard) boresome --> 0pts
    4). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN! (TORRES, TORRES) kelccm --> 0pts
    5). 0-0 Draw. dfstan --> 0pts
    6). 3-2 Liverpool Win (Alonso, Gerrard, Torres) blazer_workz --> 0pts
    7). 2-0 Liverpool Win (Gerrard, Torres) zhapchit --> 0pts
    8). 2-1 Liverpool Win (Torres, Gerrard) roadrunner --> 0pts
    9). 2-1 Liverpool wins. (1st.: F. Torres, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew --> 0pts
    10) 2-1 Liverpool win (Torres, Gerrard) zan82 --> 0pts
    11) 1-0 arsenal win (sorry, guys!) zaren --> 0pts
    12) 1-1 DRAW (torres) jfoo --> 3pts
    13) 0-0 Draw ( ) grumpy--> 0pts
    14) 1-0 Liverpool Win !!! (Torres !!!) airfins --> 0pts
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #768
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    omg the statistic is POWER!!!
    our wonder rightback.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #769
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

    Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

    so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.


    Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

    1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

    2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.


    Current standings:

    1) Cheesecake 34 points -> Running away liao! SONG!
    2) roadrunner 29 points
    3) jfoo 26 points
    4) kelccm 19 points
    5) blazer_works 18 points
    6) dfstan 17 points
    7) canew 15 points
    8) airfins 12 points
    9) grumpy 12 points
    10) zhapchit 11 points
    11) roDz 10 points
    12) zan82 8point
    13). boresome 5pts
    14). xen0275 4 points
    15). estronutz 3 points
    16). nemesis32 2 points
    17). parchiao 2 point
    18). mpenza 1 point
    19). dnd 1 point
    20). Taurean 1pt


    NExt up,

    gooners vs. LIVERPOOL!

    EPL fixture at The Emirates!!


    1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN (TORRES, TORRES) kelccm
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #770

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Mascherano slapped with fine and increased ban


    Liverpool will consider an appeal against the additional two-match ban handed to midfielder Javier Mascherano by the Football Association for improper conduct.
    The 23-year-old was sent off during Liverpool's Premier League defeat to Liverpool's Premier League defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on March 23 and reacted badly to the red card.Having been booked already for a foul, he was shown a second yellow card in the 44th minute after running 20 metres to referee Steve Bennett to question the booking of striker Fernando Torres.The Argentina international had to be ushered off the pitch by Liverpool staff and team-mates as he attempted to remonstrate with Bennett.

    Mascherano picked up an automatic one-match suspension for the red card but is now faced with a ban for a further two Premier League games as well as a 15,000 fine.He admitted a charge of improper conduct after a personal hearing and has been punished further by the FA, with the additional suspension coming into effect immediately.Mascherano - who missed the derby victory over Everton as a result of the dismissal - will now also miss this weekend's clash with Arsenal and the home game with Blackburn on April 13.Mascherano subsequently apologised to his team-mates for his behaviour and sent a letter to Bennett, while manager Rafael Benitez sought talks with referees' boss Keith Hackett to find 'a solution' to the problems that resulted in his player being sent off.Following the announcement Liverpool confirmed that they will consider their options before deciding whether to appeal the decision.

    A club spokesman told www.liverpoolfc.tv: 'Although we received a fair hearing we must now decide whether to appeal on the basis of inconsistency of sentencing for Javier based on past precedents.'It will come as a blow to Benitez - who had also disciplined Mascherano internally and fined him two weeks' wages - as he looks to secure the fourth Champions League place.'Javier is a fantastic professional and he knows he made a big mistake - he apologised to his team-mates and the supporters and he has now apologised to the referee,' Benitez said last week.'He accepts he lost control after the sending-off and has said sorry to the referee. I have also talked with him now and told him he would be fined by the club, and he has accepted that and wants the money donated to charity.'This was the first red card of our season and we do not have problems of this kind.'
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  11. #771

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    at least he did kiosai......



    talk about kiosai
    looked almost like he kena tackled, fell down and accidentally hit the ball into net

  12. #772
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Mascherano slapped with fine and increased ban


    Liverpool will consider an appeal against the additional two-match ban handed to midfielder Javier Mascherano by the Football Association for improper conduct.
    The 23-year-old was sent off during Liverpool's Premier League defeat to Liverpool's Premier League defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on March 23 and reacted badly to the red card.Having been booked already for a foul, he was shown a second yellow card in the 44th minute after running 20 metres to referee Steve Bennett to question the booking of striker Fernando Torres.The Argentina international had to be ushered off the pitch by Liverpool staff and team-mates as he attempted to remonstrate with Bennett.

    Mascherano picked up an automatic one-match suspension for the red card but is now faced with a ban for a further two Premier League games as well as a 15,000 fine.He admitted a charge of improper conduct after a personal hearing and has been punished further by the FA, with the additional suspension coming into effect immediately.Mascherano - who missed the derby victory over Everton as a result of the dismissal - will now also miss this weekend's clash with Arsenal and the home game with Blackburn on April 13.Mascherano subsequently apologised to his team-mates for his behaviour and sent a letter to Bennett, while manager Rafael Benitez sought talks with referees' boss Keith Hackett to find 'a solution' to the problems that resulted in his player being sent off.Following the announcement Liverpool confirmed that they will consider their options before deciding whether to appeal the decision.

    A club spokesman told www.liverpoolfc.tv: 'Although we received a fair hearing we must now decide whether to appeal on the basis of inconsistency of sentencing for Javier based on past precedents.'It will come as a blow to Benitez - who had also disciplined Mascherano internally and fined him two weeks' wages - as he looks to secure the fourth Champions League place.'Javier is a fantastic professional and he knows he made a big mistake - he apologised to his team-mates and the supporters and he has now apologised to the referee,' Benitez said last week.'He accepts he lost control after the sending-off and has said sorry to the referee. I have also talked with him now and told him he would be fined by the club, and he has accepted that and wants the money donated to charity.'This was the first red card of our season and we do not have problems of this kind.'
    aiya, dun appeal la.

    accept the 3 match ban la.


    appeal wait tio another 2 extra.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #773
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    talk about kiosai
    looked almost like he kena tackled, fell down and accidentally hit the ball into net
    he slipped at the crucial period n slid towards the net becos the ground is wet n slippery!



    wat a splendid goal!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #774

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    he slipped at the crucial period n slid towards the net becos the ground is wet n slippery!

    wat a splendid goal!

    Maybe he was going for a touchdown

  15. #775

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Like some of you guessed, road to CL semis will be fought over 3 legs, not 2. On Saturday, all Benitez has to do is put in some players who will not be playing in the 2nd leg of the CL game and make Arsenal run and run and run to till they tire themselves out.

    Let's see who can play.

    Crouch
    Voronin
    Leiva
    Benayoun
    Arbeola
    Riise
    Pennant
    Finnan
    El Zhar

    Nemeth - this guy can run and run at Arsenal sia.

    Maybe even some of the younger players.

    Defend all the way.

    Long balls to Crouch.

    Rafa has nothing to gain from chasing this game, Wenger has everything to loose.

  16. #776
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Like some of you guessed, road to CL semis will be fought over 3 legs, not 2. On Saturday, all Benitez has to do is put in some players who will not be playing in the 2nd leg of the CL game and make Arsenal run and run and run to till they tire themselves out.

    Let's see who can play.

    Crouch
    Voronin
    Leiva
    Benayoun
    Arbeola
    Riise
    Pennant
    Finnan
    El Zhar

    Nemeth - this guy can run and run at Arsenal sia.

    Maybe even some of the younger players.

    Defend all the way.

    Long balls to Crouch.

    Rafa has nothing to gain from chasing this game, Wenger has everything to loose.
    waa gd strategy.

  17. #777

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Ya let them chase and chase till they shag out, we can win, lose or draw also not much difference but they can't even afford a draw frustrate them and they will also start going in with tackles on out 2nd string players, maybe even be rewarded with a RED card Btw why is it the Nokia Football Crazy call the EPL as BPL Is it because all of them are crazy
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  18. #778
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    BPL i think is Buang Premier League
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  19. #779

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Or Buto-PL, Bull$hit-PL...
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  20. #780

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    or Buy PL?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •