Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 994

Thread: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

  1. #521
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    next up, gooners in the CL Cup game at the emirates.






    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  2. #522
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    GERRARD: REDS CAN NOW FOCUS ON EUROPE




    Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes the Reds' derby victory over Everton has given them enough breathing space to be able to properly focus on the Champions League.

    Fernando Torres' 28th goal of the season proved to be enough to settle the 207th clash between the Merseyside clubs.

    The victory put five points between the fourth-placed Reds and their neighbours in fifth, and with six matches to go that cushion could be crucial in the race for Champions League qualification.

    But Liverpool also still have an interest in this season's competition and they face Arsenal on Wednesday in the first leg of the quarter-finals - the first of three matches in seven days as the pair also meet each other in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday.

    Gerrard believes they can go into the tie not having to look over their shoulder in terms of their league position.

    "For the time being the pressure is off because we have got the five-point gap, but we have a lot of hard games to come," he said.

    "Although we are going to put all our focus on the Champions League, for the league game in between the two matches we still have to put in a big performance and try to keep the gap of five, if not improve it."

    The England midfielder was pleased the team were able to quickly get the previous weekend's 3-0 defeat to Manchester United - which ended a seven-match winning run - out of their system.

    "Last week was very disappointing - it was a difficult week swallowing that defeat at Old Trafford but it was all about bouncing back and trying to take a positive win into Wednesday," said the 27-year-old.

    "The scoreline (at Old Trafford) was more emphatic then we deserved but we have got to forget about that and move on and try to consolidate this fourth position and try to go all the way to Moscow (the host city for the final).

    "It was a good win. We were slightly disappointed we didn't make it more comfortable in the first half.

    "We created numerous chances to kill the game off in the first half and we just missed putting a toe or a head on a few deliveries into the box and could have scored more, which would have given us more confidence.

    "Everton put us under a little bit of pressure in the second half but I never once thought we were going to lose or give the lead away."

    Gerrard also paid tribute to match-winner Torres, who scored his 21st league goal in 29 league matches.

    The Spaniard latched on to Dirk Kuyt's pass to expertly fire past goalkeeper Tim Howard.

    "It was no shock to me," added Gerrard.

    "Give the guy chances and he'll put them away - simple as that."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #523

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

    Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

    so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.


    Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

    1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

    2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.


    Current standings:

    1) Cheesecake 29 points
    2) roadrunner 28 points
    3) jfoo 22 points
    4) dfstan 17 points
    5) kelccm 17 points
    6) blazer_works 15 points
    7) canew 14 points
    8) airfins 12 points
    9) zhapchit 11 points
    10) grumpy 10 points
    11) roDz 7 points
    12) zan82 6 point
    13). xen0275 4 points
    14). estronutz 3 points
    15). boresome 3pts
    16). nemesis32 2 points
    17). parchiao 2 point
    18). mpenza 1 point
    19). dnd 1 point
    20). Taurean 1pt


    Liverpool v Everton

    1-0 to LIVERPOOL

    Torres is 1st n last scorer.

    if u've Torres as the first scorer and list him as the last too, u will get the 2points.

    however, if u've listed Torres only as the last scorer and has another LFC player as the 1st, i'm sorry but u dun get any point for that.

    u mux haf Torres as ur first scorer to get the '1st scorer point', but if he is not ur last scorer(maybe u predicted the score to be 3-0) and has listed another LFC player as the last scorer, then i'm sorry again, u can only claim 1 point for the '1st scorer point'.




    1). 3-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) crazy cheesecake -- > 2 pts
    2). 2-0 Liverpool wins! (1st: F. Torres, Last: S. Gerrard) canew -- > 1 pt
    3). 2-1 Liverpool WIN! (Torres, Torres) boresome -- > 1 pts
    4). 1-0 Liverpool win! (Kuyt) roDz -- > 3pts
    5). 2-0 Liverpool Win!! (Torres, Babel) roadrunner -- > 1 pts
    6). 1-0 Liverpool Win (Gerrard) blazer_workz -- > 3 pts
    7). 3-1 liverpool win! (Gerrard, Torres) zaren -- > 0 pts
    8). 2-1 Liverpool win! (Torres, Torres) zan81 -- > 2pts
    9). 3-0 liverpool win (torres, gerrard) jfoo -- > 1pts
    10). 3-1 liverpool win (babel, gerrard, torres) dfstan -- > 0pts
    11). 4-1 Liverpool win (Babel, torres) zhapchit -- > 0pts
    12). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) kelccm -- > 2pts
    yeo! boresome should get 2pts right. he's got torres for first and last scorer leh!

  4. #524
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    TOURE: LIVERPOOL WILL BE SCARED


    is this guy crazy?









    Kolo Toure insists Liverpool will be running scared of facing Arsenal after the Merseysiders were put to the sword on three occasions last season.

    The Gunners host the first leg of the all-Barclays Premier League affair on Wednesday in what will be a run of three matches against the Reds, with a domestic fixture at Emirates Stadium to come in between on Saturday.

    But while Toure accepts Arsenal are in for a battle against their English adversaries, he remains confident Arsene Wenger's side have the mental edge on them.

    "It is an exciting tie," said Toure. "Last season we played them four times (meeting in the FA and Carling Cups as well as the league) and we showed how strong we were - we beat them in three of those games.

    "It is going to be really tight, we know that, but we have the quality and I think they will be scared to play against us.

    "We need to show them that we have continued to improve and are even stronger than last season."

    Toure added in the April edition of the official Arsenal magazine: "We are used to playing against them, so we know we are in for a battle."

    Team-mate Cesc Fabregas is determined to get past Liverpool and then Chelsea or Fenerbahce to realise his dream of playing in another Champions League final with Arsenal.

    However, Fabregas is not so keen on the prospect of an all-English climax to the tournament.

    Fabregas, speaking to Spanish radio EFE, said: "Obviously, everybody dreams, but you have to work hard to make dreams become reality. If you stay in bed then you are never going to obtain your dream.

    "I am dreaming of playing in another Champions League final. If it is against Barcelona it will be difficult because they have a great team.

    "All I want is another chance of playing in a final, whoever that is against. If we won, then in five years' time nobody will care who the opposition was.

    "I would have preferred to play a European team. To play in the Champions League against the same players that you play every week and see on the television, well, I would have preferred Barcelona, Madrid, an Italian team.

    "But this is what we have been given and we have to deal with it. I am still a youngster here.

    "When you look at the team I am still one of the youngest and am still a boy really. I do feel important and for any player that is vital."

    Meanwhile, boss Wenger has admitted Diaby deserved his red card at Bolton on Saturday but rejected suggestions the tackle could be compared to the one which left striker Eduardo with a broken leg and a dislocated ankle at Birmingham.

    Diaby was sent off after sliding in and catching Gretar Steinsson with his studs raised at the Reebok Stadium.

    However, the Arsenal manager insisted Diaby's tackle was not as bad as Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo last month or indeed the lunge by Sunderland's Dan Smith which sidelined Diaby for nine months in May 2006.

    "I knew the injury [to Steinsson] was not bad," said Wenger.

    "Diaby certainly hit him but it was not comparable with what happened (to Eduardo) a few weeks ago. Diaby's tackle was a fraction high but as long the foot is off the ground you cannot complain.

    "Diaby was injured and out for nine months but that tackle (from Smith) was very bad.

    "It was malicious. Diaby's tackle was not malicious but your intention does not count. It is where your foot is that counts."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #525
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    yeo! boresome should get 2pts right. he's got torres for first and last scorer leh!
    paiseh la... old liao can't see correctly leh...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #526
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

    Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

    so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.


    Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

    1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

    2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.


    Current standings:

    1) Cheesecake 31 points
    2) roadrunner 29 points
    3) jfoo 23 points
    4) kelccm 19 points
    5) blazer_works 18 points
    6) dfstan 17 points
    7) canew 15 points
    8) airfins 12 points
    9) grumpy 12 points
    10) zhapchit 11 points
    11) roDz 10 points
    12) zan82 8point
    13). boresome 5pts
    14). xen0275 4 points
    15). estronutz 3 points
    16). nemesis32 2 points
    17). parchiao 2 point
    18). mpenza 1 point
    19). dnd 1 point
    20). Taurean 1pt







    got mistake mux info me ok!!!!

    edited boresome's score! (+1 pt for last scorer.)
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #527

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    TOURE: LIVERPOOL WILL BE SCARED


    is this guy crazy?









    Kolo Toure insists Liverpool will be running scared of facing Arsenal after the Merseysiders were put to the sword on three occasions last season.

    The Gunners host the first leg of the all-Barclays Premier League affair on Wednesday in what will be a run of three matches against the Reds, with a domestic fixture at Emirates Stadium to come in between on Saturday.

    But while Toure accepts Arsenal are in for a battle against their English adversaries, he remains confident Arsene Wenger's side have the mental edge on them.

    "It is an exciting tie," said Toure. "Last season we played them four times (meeting in the FA and Carling Cups as well as the league) and we showed how strong we were - we beat them in three of those games.

    "It is going to be really tight, we know that, but we have the quality and I think they will be scared to play against us.

    "We need to show them that we have continued to improve and are even stronger than last season."

    Toure added in the April edition of the official Arsenal magazine: "We are used to playing against them, so we know we are in for a battle."

    Team-mate Cesc Fabregas is determined to get past Liverpool and then Chelsea or Fenerbahce to realise his dream of playing in another Champions League final with Arsenal.

    However, Fabregas is not so keen on the prospect of an all-English climax to the tournament.

    Fabregas, speaking to Spanish radio EFE, said: "Obviously, everybody dreams, but you have to work hard to make dreams become reality. If you stay in bed then you are never going to obtain your dream.

    "I am dreaming of playing in another Champions League final. If it is against Barcelona it will be difficult because they have a great team.

    "All I want is another chance of playing in a final, whoever that is against. If we won, then in five years' time nobody will care who the opposition was.

    "I would have preferred to play a European team. To play in the Champions League against the same players that you play every week and see on the television, well, I would have preferred Barcelona, Madrid, an Italian team.

    "But this is what we have been given and we have to deal with it. I am still a youngster here.

    "When you look at the team I am still one of the youngest and am still a boy really. I do feel important and for any player that is vital."

    Meanwhile, boss Wenger has admitted Diaby deserved his red card at Bolton on Saturday but rejected suggestions the tackle could be compared to the one which left striker Eduardo with a broken leg and a dislocated ankle at Birmingham.

    Diaby was sent off after sliding in and catching Gretar Steinsson with his studs raised at the Reebok Stadium.

    However, the Arsenal manager insisted Diaby's tackle was not as bad as Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo last month or indeed the lunge by Sunderland's Dan Smith which sidelined Diaby for nine months in May 2006.

    "I knew the injury [to Steinsson] was not bad," said Wenger.

    "Diaby certainly hit him but it was not comparable with what happened (to Eduardo) a few weeks ago. Diaby's tackle was a fraction high but as long the foot is off the ground you cannot complain.

    "Diaby was injured and out for nine months but that tackle (from Smith) was very bad.

    "It was malicious. Diaby's tackle was not malicious but your intention does not count. It is where your foot is that counts."
    he can talk all he wants...........................to relieve himself of his fears.

    it's always better to be the underdog where no expectation is on you. that's what happened when we met chelski twice in CL semi-finals, juve, barca...........the list goes on.

  8. #528
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    he can talk all he wants...........................to relieve himself of his fears.

    it's always better to be the underdog where no expectation is on you. that's what happened when we met chelski twice in CL semi-finals, juve, barca...........the list goes on.
    looking forward to spanking their kacheng n getting them into the 4th place dogfight.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #529

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    gerrard's got his shooting range back at the right moment. two great efforts on sunday. the first hit the upright and the second palmed away. he will be dangerous outside the penalty area. we also have jav back for the match and i think rafa will use him and rotate with lucas for the epl match.

    i think we will see the same team that started against everlose but with jav instead of lucas.

  10. #530
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    gerrard's got his shooting range back at the right moment. two great efforts on sunday. the first hit the upright and the second palmed away. he will be dangerous outside the penalty area. we also have jav back for the match and i think rafa will use him and rotate with lucas for the epl match.

    i think we will see the same team that started against everlose but with jav instead of lucas.
    how lovely.


    i get to see more of dirty kite's speshow rugby kick.


    woe is me!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #531
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/7320271.stm




    Arsenal v Liverpool
    CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL FIRST LEG
    Venue: Emirates Stadium. Date: Wednesday, 2 April.


    This is the first of a trilogy of matches between Arsenal and Liverpool in six days. The league fixture at the Emirates Stadium will be played on Saturday lunchtime, between the two Champions League ties.

    This is the 200th meeting of the two sides in a major competitive match.

    They played other four times last season. The league fixtures were both emphatic home wins, while Arsenal knocked out Liverpool from the FA Cup (1-3) and Carling Cup (3-6), both at Anfield.

    Arsene Wenger leads Rafa Benitez in the head-to-head standings between their current clubs; Arsenal have won five, Liverpool three, with one draw - this season's league match at Anfield which ended 1-1.

    European Head-to-heads

    Arsenal and Liverpool have never met before in European competition.

    Arsenal have played one other English club at home in a European match. Four years ago, they lost 2-1 at home to Chelsea at this stage of the Champions League and were eliminated. Liverpool have visited a fellow English club on six previous occasions on European business and are yet to win.

    European history

    Arsenal's best European performances are their Fairs Cup win in 1970 and Cup Winners' Cup win in 1994. Their best performance in the Champions League was finishing as runners-up to FC Barcelona in 2006.

    Liverpool have won the Champions Cup/Champions League five times (1977, 1978, 1981, 1984 and 2005). The Anfield club have also won three Uefa Cups (1973, 1976 and 2001). The Reds were Champions League losing finalists last year, beaten 2-1 by AC Milan.

    Current European form

    Arsenal are unbeaten in 20 European home matches, 18 of which were in the Champions League. It is the fourth longest unbeaten streak in Champions League history, and two short of the English record held by Manchester United. It is still 11 matches short of the all-time record set by Bayern Munich.

    Liverpool have won their last five Champions League matches, two of which were away from home. Their winning streak is the joint seventh longest in the competition's history. Arsenal hold the English record with six successive victories and Barcelona hold the competition record with nine. The last time Liverpool failed to win in CL competition was on 24 October 2007 at Besiktas (2-1).

    Player and disciplinary info

    Gael Clichy, Denilson, Emmanuel Adebayor, Aleksandr Hleb and Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal) and Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool) will miss the second leg of this tie if shown a yellow card.

    No Arsenal player has played in all eight matches of this season's CL campaign. Bacary Sagna has spent the most time on the field, playing 546 minutes in total. Jose Reina and Jamie Carragher have started and completed all of Liverpool's CL matches this season.

    Liverpool's Jermaine Pennant made three CL appearances for Arsenal in 2001-02 and 2002-03.

    Other miscellaneous facts

    Arsenal beat Bolton Wanderers 2-3 in the Premier League on Saturday. The Gunners were reduced to 10 men after 31 minutes when Abou Diaby was sent off but they fought back to overcome a 2-0 deficit.

    Liverpool beat near neighbours and arch rivals Everton 1-0 on Sunday. Fernando Torres scored the only goal of the match.

    The Merseysiders are fourth in the Premier League table, eight points behind the Gunners, who are third, six points behind leaders Manchester United.

    Definitions of terms used:-

    Champions League (CL) - only group phase matches and beyond of this competition which began in 1992-93.
    Champions Cup/Champions League - all matches played since it began in 1955-56 including qualification matches.
    European matches - all matches played in the major European tournaments (Fairs Cup, Uefa Cup, Cup Winners' Cup, Champions Cup, Champions League).
    Uefa Super Cups, Intertoto Cups and the old Intercontinental Cup competition are excluded.

    Big Match Stats source: Infostrada Sports and Peter Robinson
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #532
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    looking forward to spanking their kacheng n getting them into the 4th place dogfight.
    all of them young fools lar. Cant blame them. hehe

  13. #533
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

    Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

    so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.


    Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

    1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

    2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.


    Current standings:

    1) Cheesecake 31 points
    2) roadrunner 29 points
    3) jfoo 23 points
    4) kelccm 19 points
    5) blazer_works 18 points
    6) dfstan 17 points
    7) canew 15 points
    8) airfins 12 points
    9) grumpy 12 points
    10) zhapchit 11 points
    11) roDz 10 points
    12) zan82 8point
    13). boresome 5pts
    14). xen0275 4 points
    15). estronutz 3 points
    16). nemesis32 2 points
    17). parchiao 2 point
    18). mpenza 1 point
    19). dnd 1 point
    20). Taurean 1pt


    gooners vs. LIVERPOOL F.C!!

    CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL FIRST LEG
    Venue: Emirates Stadium. Date: Wednesday, 2 April.


    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/7320271.stm


    1). 1-1 Draw! (torres!) crazy cheesecake
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #534
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    all of them young fools lar. Cant blame them. hehe
    important game coming up.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #535
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

    Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

    Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

    so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.


    Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

    1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

    2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.


    Current standings:

    1) Cheesecake 31 points
    2) roadrunner 29 points
    3) jfoo 23 points
    4) kelccm 19 points
    5) blazer_works 18 points
    6) dfstan 17 points
    7) canew 15 points
    8) airfins 12 points
    9) grumpy 12 points
    10) zhapchit 11 points
    11) roDz 10 points
    12) zan82 8point
    13). boresome 5pts
    14). xen0275 4 points
    15). estronutz 3 points
    16). nemesis32 2 points
    17). parchiao 2 point
    18). mpenza 1 point
    19). dnd 1 point
    20). Taurean 1pt


    gooners vs. LIVERPOOL F.C!!

    CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL FIRST LEG
    Venue: Emirates Stadium. Date: Wednesday, 2 April.


    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/7320271.stm


    1). 1-1 Draw! (torres!) crazy cheesecake
    2). 1-0 Liverpool win! (Gerrard) roDz

  16. #536
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    TOURE: LIVERPOOL WILL BE SCARED


    They are scared lah,we beat everton 1-0 but could have easily won with bigger margin...arse? they lucky last weekend...if bolton can score 2...tell them LFC can score also,at least 1 lah,low profile,paiseh...

  17. #537
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    They are scared lah,we beat everton 1-0 but could have easily won with bigger margin...arse? they lucky last weekend...if bolton can score 2...tell them LFC can score also,at least 1 lah,low profile,paiseh...
    actually i m quite worried of playing gooners.


    i jus want a draw for the 1st league n humtum them in Anfield.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #538

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/7320271.stm

    Gael Clichy, Denilson, Emmanuel Adebayor, Aleksandr Hleb and Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal) and Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool) will miss the second leg of this tie if shown a yellow card.
    I am quite worried about this. I can't imagine such a game without gerrard.

  19. #539
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    actually i m quite worried of playing gooners.


    i jus want a draw for the 1st league n humtum them in Anfield.
    before the draw,i dont want to meet them...they were the team at that moment...but now they lose steam liao lah...they are not playing that high level about 1 month ago...its good to play them now...bcoz...1) they let bolton score 2,that means,we can score more...and 2) we wont conceed 3 goals to them like bolton...we have better defence...

  20. #540
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: This is ANFIELD! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB THREAD 18!

    Quote Originally Posted by mtunlinn View Post
    I am quite worried about this. I can't imagine such a game without gerrard.
    if we win without conceeding...its ok to play without SG...we can play 2 defensive midfielders and play Benayoun to partner Torres...or we can have Crouch as target and Torres playing deep...with his pace...i think its ok...he'll still be able to get into the box and score..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •