Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: PC Monitor

  1. #1

    Default PC Monitor

    Hi guys

    I recently bought a 19inch PC monitor for use.

    Everything works well and looks good except when I load up Fireworks for my graphics editing. The pictures inside Fireworks appears to be 'dragged'. They're not in their 'normal' size.

    Can I ask how do I view the pictures as they are supposed to be and not 'dragged'?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Outside the Dry Box.

    Default Re: PC Monitor

    you mean jagged, compressed look?

    fireworks isn't one of the best image software... if you view it at 100% its ok, but anything other that than will have this effect.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: PC Monitor

    Just increase the magnification to around 25-50%. I'm using a 14" laptop and everything seems fine.

    Alternatively, you can download GIMP; very similar to photoshop. Saves you a lot of money as well. =)
    Canon 400D 18-55-250IS:)
    My Flickr

  4. #4

    Default Re: PC Monitor

    Its not jagged compressed looks. Its just that because of the length of my monitor (Its long rectangular), the pictures itself gets dragged til they're no longer a 4" by 6". Hope Im not confusing anyone...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Choa Chu Kang

    Default Re: PC Monitor

    oh.. urs is widescreen... if its stretched, means ur are using the normal kind of aspect ratio for ur widescreen.. try and change the resolution that is recommended by ur monitor.. shud say it somewhere.. e.g. 1440 x 900... nt sure wats urs...
    Pentax K100D Super


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts