View Poll Results: Please indicate your nationality. Thanks!

Voters
843. You may not vote on this poll
  • Singaporean

    541 64.18%
  • Malaysian

    103 12.22%
  • Indonesian

    46 5.46%
  • Filipino

    66 7.83%
  • Thai

    1 0.12%
  • Vietnamese

    6 0.71%
  • Australian / New Zealander

    17 2.02%
  • Chinese - Hong Kong / Taiwan

    7 0.83%
  • Chinese - Mainland China

    6 0.71%
  • Japanese

    7 0.83%
  • Korean

    2 0.24%
  • British

    5 0.59%
  • American / Canadian

    7 0.83%
  • European Union

    11 1.30%
  • Others (please state in thread)

    18 2.14%
Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 160

Thread: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Lightbulb Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Updating a poll started by siewsphone way back in 2002 with additional nationalities - link here - (with a maximum of 15). Please participate by indicating your nationality. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Japanese born in Japan, but a naturalised U.S. citizen here--always other.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Interesting....I always suspected that Clubsnap, although Singapore-based, has quite an international community. From the poll so far, it appears that 15% are not based in Singapore or Malaysia. More appropriately, I think the poll should be more on "Which country are you staying in now?" This is because a lot of people are citizens of one country but now stay in another.

    What I am most interested in is how a forum can appeal to an international community? Are there not photographic forums in the USA or in the different states or cities? For me, I find that once I leave a country, my participation in the previous countries forum drops drastically, unless it is a situation where there are no other viable alternatives.
    Last edited by Oly5050; 29th March 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    ...
    What I am most interested in is how a forum can appeal to an international community? Are there not photographic forums in the USA or in the different states or cities? For, I find that once I leave a country, my participation in the previous countries forum drops drastically, unless it is a situation where there are no other viable alternatives.
    I like ClubSNAP because you can have a reasonable discussion, not an all out argument, and that would be very unusual to me in any U.S. forum. I used to be a moderator on the largest Apple Macintosh-oriented forums in the world (but based in the U.S.A.) and all of us moderators were kept busy with the lack of self control of the members. Does that make sense to you?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Switzerland but staying in Singapore
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    a Malaysian here ... staying way up north in the opposition controlled state of Perak

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    indonesian but currently staying in singapore.

    i stumbled upon this site while googling for a good forum and i'm happy to say that i'm very grateful to have found ClubSnap.

  8. #8
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Singaporean here, born in Singapore, Live in Singapore, But heart at somewhere else... lol for those who are not Singaporean and in Singapore now, welcome to the "Fine" country.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sharp Left U-ey
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Aussie living in S'pore, bred in M'sia.
    Don't Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Japanese born in Japan, but a naturalised U.S. citizen here--always other.
    Soo desu ne.

    Yorosiku onegaishimasu!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Soo desu ne.

    Yorosiku onegaishimasu!
    So desu da. Yoroshiku!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Interesting....I always suspected that Clubsnap, although Singapore-based, has quite an international community. From the poll so far, it appears that 15% are not based in Singapore or Malaysia. More appropriately, I think the poll should be more on "Which country are you staying in now?" This is because a lot of people are citizens of one country but now stay in another.

    What I am most interested in is how a forum can appeal to an international community? Are there not photographic forums in the USA or in the different states or cities? For me, I find that once I leave a country, my participation in the previous countries forum drops drastically, unless it is a situation where there are no other viable alternatives.
    On the contrary, I joined gosnap, as I am staying in the UK at the moment. However, I find it more comfortable to post in clubsnap to keep in touch with singapore stuff. I also find the jokes more to my taste. At least i get to read singlish and other stuff. What to do, I am still a Singaporean.

    I can also do comparison of prices from both Singapore & UK...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

  13. #13
    Senior Member fatigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    So desu da. Yoroshiku!
    Yoroshiku, Debito desu. Hiripinjin desu.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Hmm..
    Borned in korea, grew up in singapore.
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Born in Taiwan.
    Spent half my life in Singapore.
    My **flickr Album

  16. #16

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    On the contrary, I joined gosnap, as I am staying in the UK at the moment. However, I find it more comfortable to post in clubsnap to keep in touch with singapore stuff. I also find the jokes more to my taste. At least i get to read singlish and other stuff. What to do, I am still a Singaporean.

    I can also do comparison of prices from both Singapore & UK...
    Unis?
    FM2 & Nikormat

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Senkang
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    One more OTHER category - 'm from India! living here for 5 yrs!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Hello! I am a photographer from Sri Lanka! I do visit Singapore at least once a year!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Interesting....I always suspected that Clubsnap, although Singapore-based, has quite an international community. From the poll so far, it appears that 15% are not based in Singapore or Malaysia.
    I wouldn't trust the results too much. The willingness to share personal information, even if in an anonymous form, depends a lot on your cultural background. This almost certainly distorts the poll.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Nationality of ClubSNAP members

    why only one VNese here?

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •