Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

  1. #1

    Default Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Episode no 1

    I am having a Samsung handphone Ultra Edition 8.4 and since Day 1, I always had dropped calls on it. Finally I decided to bring it to Samsung Service Centre before the warranty runs out. Right after the first trip, after the “software was upgraded”, I still get dropped calls. When I brought it back the second time, they “upgraded the software and changed the circuit board”. The very day itself, I still get dropped calls. On my third trip there in 3 weeks, I told the service personnel that I wanted a 1-to-1 exchange since they apparently could not repair it. I wanted to speak to the service manager but “they were not around”. The service personnel mentioned that “processing 1-to-1 exchange would take 3-5 working days”. So I left my phone with them again.

    On the 3rd day, a nice lady from Samsung called to ask me how was my phone, to which I replied that the phone was back at the service centre and that I had requested for a one-to-one replacement. The lady promised to find out the status and get the service centre to call me at the end of the day.

    End of day and no calls, so I called 1800-SAMSUNG. The guy told me that it was recorded that my handphone “has a major technical problem” and noted that the service centre did not call me back and my request for 1-to-1 exchange. On the 4th day still no calls. On 5th day, they said that they are still servicing the “major technical problem” which was the reason for the delay, to which I told them that I had expected a 1-to-1 exchange not their fruitless attempts at servicing my handphone.

    The next day, a service manager from Samsung called me to tell me that “it is not Samsung’s policy to replace handphones”. They will only replace the circuit boards “which was as good as replacing the handphone”.

    She further claimed that the dropped calls are due to me using a “3G phone on SingTel’s network”. “We notice that a lot of 3G handphone users on SingTel’s network experiencing dropped calls at West and Jurong areas”. She offered to let me use her StarHub line to test out my phone when I pick up the phone on that day. When I came to the service centre at the appointed time, the counter staff said that “she went for a meeting” … and she did not call me to make alternative arrangements nor did she call back after that.

    1) Their service personnel who attended to me all the times I was there apparently never noticed that “dropped calls are due to using 3G phones on SingTel’s network as they would have told me right in the first place if it was so frequent as the manager said it was.

    2) I have never heard from any of my friends about the same problems with “using 3G phones on SingTel’s network in West and Jurong area”. Anyway, I also have the same dropped calls outside “West and Jurong areas”.

    3) All along, whenever I mentioned 1-to-1 exchange, none of their staff mentioned that it was not Samsung’s policy not to change handsets. Suddenly someone out of the blue came out with a new policy.

    4) The “major technical error” was only uncovered the 3rd time send my handphone for repair. Right after collecting it back, the dropped calls resumes … so much for servicing …


    Instead of their proclaimed intend to “go the extra mile” for the customers in their customer survey cards at the service counter, I must profess that this entire issue has made me walk THAT EXTRA FRUITLESS MILE to their customer service centre in making 4 trips, to and fro, from Jurong East MRT station.




    Episode 2

    Upset by this entire exchange, I wrote in to complain … another customer service manager called me back and offer to replace handphone (finally, apparently they could only do it on management’s approval and makes me wonder why the 1st Service manager could not “walk that extra mile to get my handset replaced) … she mentioned that she will try to find the exact model and asked for a few days to check as “this model is rather old”.

    Called me back today and offered Samsung Z710 … “almost the same as your existing model, Z370” … you can check our website for the features …

    I went to check Samsung website but cannot find the model. The service manager could not be contacted so I called their 1800-Samsung and the guy asked me if it was the Z170 phone which “was a very old model, 1996”. I was sure that the service manager told me Z710.

    Finally managed to get the service manager back and told her that that model (Z710) was not listed. She insisted it was and directed me to the Consumer > Mobile Phones > Basic features phone > Z170 … “sorry I must have said the model wrongly, it was Z170 not Z710.”

    Mine was the Ultra Edition 8.4 and now they can only replace me with a crap Z170 which is “almost the same as your existing model” … Ultra Edition 8.4 vs Basic Features Phone

    By now, I have enough of Samsung ….

  2. #2

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    you wrote very well. It would do you good if you call a conference of the major newspapers in Singapore to highlight your plight. This would do you justice and all other sufferers of handpones.

    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Episode no 1

    I am having a Samsung handphone Ultra Edition 8.4 and since Day 1, I always had dropped calls on it. Finally I decided to bring it to Samsung Service Centre before the warranty runs out. Right after the first trip, after the “software was upgraded”, I still get dropped calls. When I brought it back the second time, they “upgraded the software and changed the circuit board”. The very day itself, I still get dropped calls. On my third trip there in 3 weeks, I told the service personnel that I wanted a 1-to-1 exchange since they apparently could not repair it. I wanted to speak to the service manager but “they were not around”. The service personnel mentioned that “processing 1-to-1 exchange would take 3-5 working days”. So I left my phone with them again.

    On the 3rd day, a nice lady from Samsung called to ask me how was my phone, to which I replied that the phone was back at the service centre and that I had requested for a one-to-one replacement. The lady promised to find out the status and get the service centre to call me at the end of the day.

    End of day and no calls, so I called 1800-SAMSUNG. The guy told me that it was recorded that my handphone “has a major technical problem” and noted that the service centre did not call me back and my request for 1-to-1 exchange. On the 4th day still no calls. On 5th day, they said that they are still servicing the “major technical problem” which was the reason for the delay, to which I told them that I had expected a 1-to-1 exchange not their fruitless attempts at servicing my handphone.

    The next day, a service manager from Samsung called me to tell me that “it is not Samsung’s policy to replace handphones”. They will only replace the circuit boards “which was as good as replacing the handphone”.

    She further claimed that the dropped calls are due to me using a “3G phone on SingTel’s network”. “We notice that a lot of 3G handphone users on SingTel’s network experiencing dropped calls at West and Jurong areas”. She offered to let me use her StarHub line to test out my phone when I pick up the phone on that day. When I came to the service centre at the appointed time, the counter staff said that “she went for a meeting” … and she did not call me to make alternative arrangements nor did she call back after that.

    1) Their service personnel who attended to me all the times I was there apparently never noticed that “dropped calls are due to using 3G phones on SingTel’s network as they would have told me right in the first place if it was so frequent as the manager said it was.

    2) I have never heard from any of my friends about the same problems with “using 3G phones on SingTel’s network in West and Jurong area”. Anyway, I also have the same dropped calls outside “West and Jurong areas”.

    3) All along, whenever I mentioned 1-to-1 exchange, none of their staff mentioned that it was not Samsung’s policy not to change handsets. Suddenly someone out of the blue came out with a new policy.

    4) The “major technical error” was only uncovered the 3rd time send my handphone for repair. Right after collecting it back, the dropped calls resumes … so much for servicing …


    Instead of their proclaimed intend to “go the extra mile” for the customers in their customer survey cards at the service counter, I must profess that this entire issue has made me walk THAT EXTRA FRUITLESS MILE to their customer service centre in making 4 trips, to and fro, from Jurong East MRT station.




    Episode 2

    Upset by this entire exchange, I wrote in to complain … another customer service manager called me back and offer to replace handphone (finally, apparently they could only do it on management’s approval and makes me wonder why the 1st Service manager could not “walk that extra mile to get my handset replaced) … she mentioned that she will try to find the exact model and asked for a few days to check as “this model is rather old”.

    Called me back today and offered Samsung Z710 … “almost the same as your existing model, Z370” … you can check our website for the features …

    I went to check Samsung website but cannot find the model. The service manager could not be contacted so I called their 1800-Samsung and the guy asked me if it was the Z170 phone which “was a very old model, 1996”. I was sure that the service manager told me Z710.

    Finally managed to get the service manager back and told her that that model (Z710) was not listed. She insisted it was and directed me to the Consumer > Mobile Phones > Basic features phone > Z170 … “sorry I must have said the model wrongly, it was Z170 not Z710.”

    Mine was the Ultra Edition 8.4 and now they can only replace me with a crap Z170 which is “almost the same as your existing model” … Ultra Edition 8.4 vs Basic Features Phone

    By now, I have enough of Samsung ….

  3. #3

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Lee View Post
    you wrote very well. It would do you good if you call a conference of the major newspapers in Singapore to highlight your plight. This would do you justice and all other sufferers of handpones.
    Thanks Old Man ...

    Now that Samsung is coming out with cameras, better inform all potential users of the non-existent services that you can expect in a super out-of-the-way service centre ...

    U can imagine that later, after u buy a high end DSLR, to have it fail within the warranty period and they can only offer a pathetic "basic set" only after suffering so much ...

    I am gg to stillborn their efforts to launch DSLRs in Singapore ...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    I'm behind you for this.

    My experience was a bit better. I sent in my phone for servicing during Jan. At first they promised to get back to me in 3 working days, which was precariously near to CNY. Of course, they didn't manage to deliver. It was only 2 weeks after CNY after repeated calls to the service centre that one of them got back to me citing the need to wait for materials, hence the delay.

    So far so good. After 3 weeks, finally the call came. I went down to collect my phone, and to my disappointment there wasn't any express counter for collection of spoilt phones. The queueing system is all mixed up with normal service queues and miscellaneous queues. With a large crowd, there was only 1 person at the desk at that moment. Cursing my luck silently, I waited for a good one hour before I can finally collect the phone. As I had already fixed up an appointment way before they contacted me to collect the phone, I collected the phone, signed off and rushed off.

    Of course, this is partly my fault. On the cab, I realized that one of my button was very insensitive - I had to press real hard in order to type out the number "3". Real pissed at their speed, of course I did not send the phone back then and have been living with it.

    Sigh, I guess I'd only send in the phone when things get really bad again.

    Samsung service sucks.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Sometime in early Feb 08, just before CNY, I called Samsung to enquire about some parts for my fridge. The customer service office told me that the line was busy and asked for my contact no. so that she could get them to call me back. Till date, I am still waiting for the call that never came.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Sometime in early Feb 08, just before CNY, I called Samsung to enquire about some parts for my fridge. The customer service office told me that the line was busy and asked for my contact no. so that she could get them to call me back. Till date, I am still waiting for the call that never came.
    Its so typical of the customer service in Singapore. Whenever they say call you back, its as good as NEVER.

    I called up Nikon Center recently to enquire about some software which after transferring the call to many people, one lady eventually say she will call me back. Its already more than one month and i haven't heard from anyone
    Last edited by mystudio; 26th March 2008 at 06:44 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Can anyone share other mobile phone experience also.

    I have two experience Nokia and HP
    a. Nokia --- I have horrible experience with Nokia. My N95 repaired 3 times and now i keep it in drawer. Waiting for trade-in for another brand phone.
    The repair centre is badly organized and it take 2 1/2 hour to collect a repaired phone.
    Before u send for repair, better be prepared to be superb cool.
    Rating: 0.5 star out of 5
    b. HP --- 2 experience there for my HP phone. Good service.
    rating 4 star

    I am now using Dopod and not yet been to Service centre yet.

    Can anyone share their experience with LG, Sony/Ericsson,

    As my next purchase shall depends on Service Centre NOT ON features of phone!

    Thanks

  9. #9

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Episode no 1

    I am having a Samsung handphone Ultra Edition 8.4 and since Day 1...
    By now, I have enough of Samsung ….
    Forget about Samsung.. They design nice looking phones with crap antennas. Although LG is getting better, it's still pays to stay with the leading brands, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Motorola when it comes to call quality.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,438

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    I called up their CS when the video cam spoiled. They were very nice... but they never got back to you... It has been 9 months and counting... Bought another CAM liao...
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    I called up their CS when the video cam spoiled. They were very nice... but they never got back to you... It has been 9 months and counting... Bought another CAM liao...
    When the customer service cannot solve your problem, they will asked you to leave your name and contact number, its an easy way out. The chances that someone will call you back is almost zero. Unless you asked for the name of the person who takes down your details. Even then, chances that you going to locate them is very slim. You probably need to explain your problem all over again the next time you call and its back to square one.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    I am also experiencing dropped calls with my samsung Ultra Edition 13.8 (Z720)...
    Last edited by patz; 27th March 2008 at 04:45 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Quote Originally Posted by patz View Post
    I am also experiencing dropped calls with my samsung Ultra Edition 13.8 (Z720)...
    Very very regular? Seems like more of a Samsung MAJOR product failure more than anything else ...

    SAMSUNG

    will always warn people dun ever touch SS' cameras and DSLRs when launched. You can count on them to disappoint you and to take the fun out of photography ...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    As I speak to others abt Samsung, hear more and more things ...

    1 guy sold off his Samsung phone after 3 months, another guy working under Samsung does not use Samsung phones (u get the drift ... )



  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Samsung atrocious services - do share your experiences as well ...

    Well With Samsung Its not that hard to imagine

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •