Thread: Charging price on dinner event?

Default Charging price on dinner event?

Hi, may i know what's the market price to charge for a private dinner event? My bro asked me to shoot for his dinner at some hotel, but i'm a student currently, any advices?

Default Re: Charging price on dinner event?

Quote Originally Posted by dark72 View Post
    Hi, may i know what's the market price to charge for a private dinner event? My bro asked me to shoot for his dinner at some hotel, but i'm a student currently, any advices?
    Depends on experience and what your providing, anything from $50per hour to $300 per hour if you wont some figures.

Default Re: Charging price on dinner event?

I think a rule of thumb is if you are not sure what you are worth, then you are also not sure how much value you can add to the event. So just charge as much as you are comfortable with. Do not worry about under quoting the "pros" and that kinda nonsense.

As a ball park figure my starting dinner and dances I quoted $600 for 5 hours but I also gave them a 200 piece 4R album.

You can charge more if it is a big company but then again if it is a big company you might want to ask someone more experienced to help you out. Their expectations are higher.