Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sg Strobists Meetup #1

Default Re: Sg Strobists Meetup #1

My flash did not worked with Tim's radio trigger. I later found that his flash guide number is so low compared to my SB28.

photos will be out tmr. i think the ones at the lower storey will have more flash because it is darker there.

Actually, ambient exposure is not so important once i nail down the flash exposure. i did not play attention with the exposure this time because i tot i nail the flash exposure already.

if i am jacky wu, i will get pretty models for your photo assignments. you can call me jacky if you like

this round, i paid special attention to the background, make sure that the model head is distinguishable from the background.

i dont own 85mm 1.4. i think 2.8 - 1.4 is inavoidable if we cannot fully control every element of the background for example in the studio.

the radio trigger is very useful because it can sync very fast with digital camera. with shutter speed at 1/1250 and aperture F1.4, flash will be very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    thanks for coming but u still didn't tell me your name. did anyone tell u look like jacky wu?

btw, pls develop and show us your shots.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualSnaper View Post
    My flash did not worked with Tim's radio trigger. I later found that his flash guide number is so low compared to my SB28.

photos will be out tmr. i think the ones at the lower storey will have more flash because it is darker there.

Actually, ambient exposure is not so important once i nail down the flash exposure. i did not play attention with the exposure this time because i tot i nail the flash exposure already.

if i am jacky wu, i will get pretty models for your photo assignments. you can call me jacky if you like

this round, i paid special attention to the background, make sure that the model head is distinguishable from the background.

i dont own 85mm 1.4. i think 2.8 - 1.4 is inavoidable if we cannot fully control every element of the background for example in the studio.

the radio trigger is very useful because it can sync very fast with digital camera. with shutter speed at 1/1250 and aperture F1.4, flash will be very powerful.
    i thought the nissin flash shld have a rating close to a sb28. why dun u consider getting a lightmeter since u are shooting film?

i was not using nissin. i dont mind if the photos are not keepers. the more mistakes i make, the more keepers i will have next time. when i finally get my digital camera, i wont need the lightmeter.
    Last edited by CasualSnaper; 3rd April 2008 at 01:25 AM.

i was not using nissin. i dont mind if the photos are not keepers. the more mistakes i make, the more keepers i will have next time. when i finally get my digital camera, i wont need the lightmeter.
    i thought tim's flash is a nissin?

He is not using my Nissin 6000GT hammerhead flash which has a Guide Number 60. It's fires properly with the radio trigger on Victor's camera.

I try to hook-up casualsnaper's SB28 with the radio trigger but for whatever reasons, his SB28 did not fires. As he eagerly wanted to try, I used my spare smaller Suntax 9000DT with GN 24 which I sometime use it as hairlight:

http://www.suntax.com.sg/product_dis...dicated+System

which is lower than SB28's GN 36, and might under-exposure. Anyway a friend gave me his SB28 today, I have test fire it with radio trigger, it's works.
    Last edited by tim; 3rd April 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    He is not using my Nissin 6000GT hammerhead flash which has a Guide Number 60. It's fires properly with the radio trigger on Victor's camera.

I try to hook-up casualsnaper's SB28 with the radio trigger but for whatever reasons, his SB28 did not fires. As he eagerly wanted to try, I used my spare smaller Suntax 9000DT with GN 24 which I sometime use it as hairlight:

http://www.suntax.com.sg/product_dis...dicated+System

which is lower than SB28's GN 36, and might under-exposure. Anyway a friend gave me his SB28 today, I have test fire it with radio trigger, it's works.
    oic. i thought he was using your nissin and he says its underpower. thats why i was surprised.

how much is the hammerhead and how does it compare to metz?

Thumbs up Re: Sg Strobists Meetup #1

see strobist for the latest "Martin Prihoda is Back"

He was using 1/250 and F14. The high shutter speed and low aperture create dramatic sky. He use powerful strobe to light up the subject. very nice

Tim has many friends, maybe i buy another SB28.

Flash model guide number @ 35mm price
    SB28 36 200+ used
    SB26 36 200+ used
    SB80X 38 ?
    SB800 38 500+ used and new

which should i buy ?

see strobist for the latest "Martin Prihoda is Back"

He was using 1/250 and F14. The high shutter speed and low aperture create dramatic sky. He use powerful strobe to light up the subject. very nice

Tim has many friends, maybe i buy another SB28.

Flash model guide number @ 35mm price
    SB28 36 200+ used
    SB26 36 200+ used
    SB80X 38 ?
    SB800 38 500+ used and new

which should i buy ?
    buy studio strobes to overpower the ambient light like martin.

buy a generator too

buy a generator too
    hahah hotwire car batteries for outdoor strobes can liaoz all are 12V anyway...

buy a generator too
    no need la. got battery pack.

i do hope to go for one session next time, my understanding of flash is very weak!

oic. i thought he was using your nissin and he says its underpower. thats why i was surprised.

how much is the hammerhead and how does it compare to metz?
    No, CasualSnaper is not using the Nissin hammerhead which is my favoured. He is using the Suntax as main light shooting with an umbrella but if use as a fill light, it should be fine.

I have a Metz 45 hammerhead before the Nissin, they are compatible but I prefer the Nissin now.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i do hope to go for one session next time, my understanding of flash is very weak!
    i see you doing alot of stuff with flash leh. weak?

No, CasualSnaper is not using the Nissin hammerhead which is my favoured. He is using the Suntax as main light shooting with an umbrella but if use as a fill light, it should be fine.

I have a Metz 45 hammerhead before the Nissin, they are compatible but I prefer the Nissin now.
    where did u get the nissin from?

where did u get the nissin from?
    I got it used from someone. Nissin Japan don't make flash anymore.

I got it used from someone. Nissin Japan don't make flash anymore.
    they do. just not hammerheads.

they do. just not hammerheads.
    I think they sold the flash business, the new hot-shoe flash are not made by them anymore.

I checked with Victor regarding the Nissin on his camera, he said the photos shoot on the Nissin is OK/fine.

I think they sold the flash business, the new hot-shoe flash are not made by them anymore.

I checked with Victor regarding the Nissin on his camera, he said the photos shoot on the Nissin is OK/fine.
    who's victor?

Victor is one of the guy attended our 1st Strobist meet but I forgotten what is his nicks ;-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast