Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golfers

Deregistered

Default Re: Golfers

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
    Bovine ... no worries as I dont feel offended,

Here is my take as in any golf game, whether your flight consists of your boss, your co-workers, your customers, or your company suppliers, you are able to assess their standard after a few holes and you will know what I meant by this comment as a golfer.

If they are playing to a much higher handicap than you, the chances of they having a hard time trying to catch up is imminent and the more they try, the worst it becomes. So make them feel at ease and don't embarrass them further as they are already intimidated by your fearless drive and awesome fairway and short-game shots plus excellent reading of the green. It is best then to win by one or two strokes rather than double digit strokes or one to two holes for a match play. In short, play according to the situation.

Khaki???? don't worry about this. Everyone would have their own regulars who are of the same handicap level and whereas on any other weekdays, you're only playing with your customers/suppliers as and when required depending on invites or being invited.

Btw, I rarely play with my boss (he is in USA) and even if I do play then it wont be on a individual basis unless in a "Sixes" and there is no compelling reason to show that I am better than him as his weakness is my strength and that the reason why I am on the company payroll. Right?

You will understand why when you are at this level.
    I like the fact that you say you won't embaress people in games. I do not humilate people in games as well if i happen to be better. By saying "i hope you thrash your boss" i'm trying to say "If you want to win your boss, i hope you do if you can without any hesitation or trepidation." And no, i'm not a competitive boss's beater. I've played tennis with my boss and like what you've mentioned, i played according to the situation. I'm an average tennis player but against a beginner, i did not play the way i usually play. However i did not pretend that i could not get the ball as that would be an insult to him. Btw, he was a good sport when he lost to me,a woman. Usually in cyberspace, misunderstandings and misinterpretation are common so i'm not going to explain further. I hope you comprehend what i'm trying to say.

I don't know what you mean by "when you are at this level" but i believe that you don't mean to be rude.

Default Re: Golfers

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    I like the fact that you say you won't embaress people in games. I do not humilate people in games as well if i happen to be better. By saying "i hope you thrash your boss" i'm trying to say "If you want to win your boss, i hope you do if you can without any hesitation or trepidation." And no, i'm not a competitive boss's beater. I've played tennis with my boss and like what you've mentioned, i played according to the situation. I'm an average tennis player but against a beginner, i did not play the way i usually play. However i did not pretend that i could not get the ball as that would be an insult to him. Btw, he was a good sport when he lost to me,a woman. Usually in cyberspace, misunderstandings and misinterpretation are common so i'm not going to explain further. I hope you comprehend what i'm trying to say.

I don't know what you mean by "when you are at this level" but i believe that you don't mean to be rude.
    Well commented and can't agree any further.

Having said that, I believe that you have arrived at this level and will do well in your career.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12