Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Close-up Filters in SG

  1. #1
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Close-up Filters in SG

    Hi,

    May I know where can I get close-up filters with a 55mm screw-thread in Singapore? I had went to a few camera shops ( MS Color, Alan's Photo, etc ) but they are not carrying it anymore.

    It seem they are more keen on selling marco lens instead.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Island City State - Singapore
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Close-up Filters in SG

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Hi,

    May I know where can I get close-up filters with a 55mm screw-thread in Singapore? I had went to a few camera shops ( MS Color, Alan's Photo, etc ) but they are not carrying it anymore.

    It seem they are more keen on selling marco lens instead.

    i think if you try more shops should be able to get it. to save time, u can call before you head down to shops like Orient Photo, Cathay Photo and TK Foto. in the unlikely case that you still cannot find a 55mm close up filter, you can try the 2nd hand shops at peninsula and adelphi area
    | 2point8 Photography |
    :: to see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower ::

  3. #3

    Default Re: Close-up Filters in SG

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Hi,

    May I know where can I get close-up filters with a 55mm screw-thread in Singapore? I had went to a few camera shops ( MS Color, Alan's Photo, etc ) but they are not carrying it anymore.

    It seem they are more keen on selling marco lens instead.
    Get a 55-58mm step-up adaptor, then get the Hoya 58mm close-up filter. Whole set up should be for 2 items should be about $30 +/- . Good luck!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Close-up Filters in SG

    are there 72mm close up filters around? and how much would they rougly cost?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Close-up Filters in SG

    Quote Originally Posted by allstar View Post
    are there 72mm close up filters around? and how much would they rougly cost?
    There are 77mm ones. Depending on the quality you're looking at, they can be had for cheap off eBay. But the 'good' ones like Canon and Raynox are not cheap at all...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Close-up Filters in SG

    well, are there 72mm ones? ha. my lens is 72mm not 77mm. thanks though

  7. #7
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Close-up Filters in SG

    Quote Originally Posted by 2point8 View Post
    i think if you try more shops should be able to get it. to save time, u can call before you head down to shops like Orient Photo, Cathay Photo and TK Foto. in the unlikely case that you still cannot find a 55mm close up filter, you can try the 2nd hand shops at peninsula and adelphi area

    Quote Originally Posted by KangS View Post
    Get a 55-58mm step-up adaptor, then get the Hoya 58mm close-up filter. Whole set up should be for 2 items should be about $30 +/- . Good luck!

    Thanks for your suggestion, after much "asking" I managed to find a Hoya 55mm close up (macro) filter from Alan's Photo but it cost about S$60 (1 piece).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •