Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depth Of Field Question

Default Re: Depth Of Field Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fragnatic View Post
    haha... not only max aperture. but also shooting at (or almost at) the min. focusing distance

but for full body human shots as mentioned by Razorsharp87... lol..
    don't think its achievable for PnS to get a nice background blur (if there is any bkgrd blur achieved at all)
    tt's y i suggest shooting at the most tele end + half body shots or head shots.
    ha ha! yep... i was trying really hard to get the shallow DOF effect with a PnS camera managed to get some, but in the "extreme" conditions as you noted. it is really difficult when you need to take full body shots. the PnS camera has such a small aperture that it is not a true f/2.8, just relative to the sensor size.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

Lol. And now I really know the reason why people actually don't mind spending the extra money to get a DSLR to get a waaaaay better pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsharp87 View Post
    Lol. And now I really know the reason why people actually don't mind spending the extra money to get a DSLR to get a waaaaay better pic.
    eh, it really does depend on what you shoot though

for me, i did not really have interest in bokeh, or portraits, so i was pretty happy with my prosumer for a while, even with relative image quality.. until i realised that i needed something wider. sometimes there just isn't enough space to go back far enough to capture the whole scene..

no doubt, dslr allow more space for freedom of expression/creativity.. but prosumer/consumer cam are not inferior too and can offer some advantages. i am actually thinking of getting a random consumer cam to take street shots, bokeh or not - it's just less conspicuous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12