Thread: Market rate for private shoot question

Default Market rate for private shoot question

HI there, I am new to portrait photography and wants to shoot more to pratice. I am wondering how much does one pay a model for a private shoot? Please PM me if it is not convenient to disclose the rate here. Thanks all.

Default Re: Market rate for private shoot question

if you are a newbie in portraits photography, suggest you join some pay shoots, workshops, you will have someone guild you along the shoot rather than pay a model for a private shoot and struggle in the dark, you can't probably ask the model to teach you how to shoot portrait right?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I am shooting a model tml if u wanna come. 5 outfits. pm me

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you are a newbie in portraits photography, suggest you join some pay shoots, workshops, you will have someone guild you along the shoot rather than pay a model for a private shoot and struggle in the dark, you can't probably ask the model to teach you how to shoot portrait right?
    thks for your kind answer. have join a couple of group shoots, but dun like this kind of set up. I prefer having all the time for myself and it is only between me and the model. So just want to know the market rates for a portrait model. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wildberries View Post
    thks for your kind answer. have join a couple of group shoots, but dun like this kind of set up. I prefer having all the time for myself and it is only between me and the model. So just want to know the market rates for a portrait model. thank you.
    depend on their experience and popularity...the rate vary... which model catch yr fancy?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

depending on the model, some can start at 500...

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    alyona
    in blocks of 3 hrs

HI there, I am new to portrait photography and wants to shoot more to pratice. I am wondering how much does one pay a model for a private shoot? Please PM me if it is not convenient to disclose the rate here. Thanks all.
    For me i started the first shoot with female friends who are models although less well know but it all begins with subjects in place.
    The second shoot was then a paid shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    ic, so $500 for a full time experienced model? i don't want to under-pay or over-pay her. thanks.

vince123123
    Guests

S$500 seems rather high.

From my own experience, freelancers can range as low as S$100, to maybe S$150 or $200 for a 3-4 hour shoot

Local agency models can range from around S$400, which I personally find quite pricey.

Maybe S$500 for those exotic/caucassian, but I don't think its worth the $$ for you at this stage in your hobby.

ic, so $500 for a full time experienced model? i don't want to under-pay or over-pay her. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    S$500 seems rather high.

From my own experience, freelancers can range as low as S$100, to maybe S$150 or $200 for a 3-4 hour shoot

Local agency models can range from around S$400, which I personally find quite pricey.

Maybe S$500 for those exotic/caucassian, but I don't think its worth the $$ for you at this stage in your hobby.
    i think 500 for caucasian pro model, non commerical shoot... is the market rate don't quote me on that though.

Blog Entries

at the beginning stage of photography, i would suggest taking the harder route and shoot your friends

experienced models will know what to do to make the shot, so you will not be learning as much as shooting your friends

the model already looks like a model, but making your friends look like a model ...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    at the beginning stage of photography, i would suggest taking the harder route and shoot your friends

experienced models will know what to do to make the shot, so you will not be learning as much as shooting your friends

the model already looks like a model, but making your friends look like a model ...
    good point there! maybe by engaging am experienced model, i could also learn from her how to pose a model too...

I paid 250 for a russian model. 5 hrs. Able to change 3 to 4 clothings. Its abt building the rapport with the model and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by makashley View Post
    I paid 250 for a russian model. 5 hrs. Able to change 3 to 4 clothings. Its abt building the rapport with the model and stuff.

Would you mind sharing with us how to build the rapport?

Quote Originally Posted by makashley View Post
    I am shooting a model tml if u wanna come. 5 outfits. pm me
    which model is this?

If you are planning for a studio shoot, you may PM/SMS 96456423 me and let me know your theme and idea. I believe I can arrange a shoot specially designed to fulfill your needs, cos I own a studio and my partner own a model agency.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg