Thread: Good Friday

Default Good Friday

Tomorrow is Good Friday and in many churches will organized "Way of the Cross". anyone know which church will have this in the evening.... I think with all the candle light, it would make a good photo opportunity.

Default Re: Good Friday

i dont think its nice to gatecrash any church.
    5DMk2,400D,EOS3 50mm F1.4,28-75 F2.8,GRDIII 28mm F1.9
    www.flickr.com/jenson_goh

Quote Originally Posted by bblurrr View Post
    Tomorrow is Good Friday and in many churches will organized "Way of the Cross". anyone know which church will have this in the evening.... I think with all the candle light, it would make a good photo opportunity.
    Novena Church near Novena MRT, Good Shepherd near Chjimes.. (* please do not use flash nor anything that distracts the crowd, stay clear of human flow as they moved, keep in mind it is a very serious religious event, respect is needed).

below is a photo of Good Shepherd Cathedral on Christmas Day 2007 after the mass was over.

Last edited by raincool2005; 20th March 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    Novena Church near Novena MRT, Good Shepherd near Chjimes.. (* please do not use flash nor anything that distracts the crowd, stay clear of human flow as they moved, keep in mind it is a very serious religious event, respect is needed).

below is a photo of Good Shepherd Cathedral on Christmas Day 2007 after the mass was over.

Xie xie.

The candle lit procession is actually held on the Saturday evening after Good Friday: it is carried out after night falls and takes place outdoors if the weather permits. The priest will light the easter candle from a bonfire (sometimes quite dramatic depending on how much fuel is used...)

Try and find Catholic churches with high surrounding buildings for a birds-eye view; St Teresa at Bt Purmei and St Mary of the Angels in Bukit Batok come to mind.

There is usually baptisms at the same ceremony, and if you attend churches with deep baptismal fonts you will actually see immersion (i.e. full or partial dunking)

just be respectful with your cameras and you will be welcomed
    Canon 5Dm2/17-40f4/24-70f2.8/24-105f4IS/70-200f2.8IS/85f1.2/100f2.8M/135f2
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by HougangMan View Post
    The candle lit procession is actually held on the Saturday evening after Good Friday: it is carried out after night falls and takes place outdoors if the weather permits. The priest will light the easter candle from a bonfire (sometimes quite dramatic depending on how much fuel is used...)

Try and find Catholic churches with high surrounding buildings for a birds-eye view; St Teresa at Bt Purmei and St Mary of the Angels in Bukit Batok come to mind.

There is usually baptisms at the same ceremony, and if you attend churches with deep baptismal fonts you will actually see immersion (i.e. full or partial dunking)

just be respectful with your cameras and you will be welcomed
    cheers

Please remember, most churches do not allow flash photography.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde