Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K20D vs. Canon 40D

Smile Re: K20D vs. Canon 40D

Thanks guys

So far I love the cam. I really like it's handling, and the easy access to most shooting functions on the body itself is great. A nice step up from the 100ds.

I know that the 40D would still have the edge in continouous shooting and high iso, but on balance, the rest of the features and the rather high prices of Canon IS lenses made the Pentax option way more sense.

istDes, I should rephrase it as "SG$1820 (body only! Not even a lens included! My poor wallet!)", since it was not easy on my wallet at all!
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

Default Re: K20D vs. Canon 40D

Congrat on ur purchase.
    Let's get rolling :)

Quote Originally Posted by skypacker View Post
    Bros, I ended up getting a K20D today. SG$1820 body only from CP Marina.

The difference between this and the K100DS is like day and night. Broke, but very happy with my purchase. The continuous shooting, focusing and tracking are good enough for my requirements. Build quality is AWESOME. And, high ISO shots are impressive!

Pentaxians, forget about the Canon 40D, do yourself a favor and get a K20D instead.
    good to hear that coming from a K100DS user. time to eat and drink less....

Quote Originally Posted by southernoise View Post
    good to hear that coming from a K100DS user. time to eat and drink less....
    I think you mistaken...If he budgted for C and bought a Pentax, now he can drink more coffee and even have lefy over to buy a another lens!
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    I think you mistaken...If he budgted for C and bought a Pentax, now he can drink more coffee and even have lefy over to buy a another lens!
    The 40D is the same price as the K20D

(btw - in case anyone is interested - I decided to buy.. nothing. *cough*)

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    The 40D is the same price as the K20D

(btw - in case anyone is interested - I decided to buy.. nothing. *cough*)
    Interested in?
    Decided to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Interested in?
    Decided to buy?
    I don't see him selling any of his Pentax stuffs. It must be the K20D.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    I don't see him selling any of his Pentax stuffs. It must be the K20D.
    He decided to buy nothing lah Means he's gonna stay w/ whatever he has now ... wise decision I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    The 40D and k20D bodies are comparable in price, but if I were to move over to the C system and build a basic but decent IS lens based system, it would have been way beyond my limited budget.

-The K20D offered what I needed for my specific requirements i.e. ability to focus and track moving vehicles in good to slightly poor light, and a decent if not spectacular buffer. I don't shoot sports or concerts, so superfast focus and tracking and high FPS is not a necessity for me; neither is superclean ISO 3200. ISO 1600 on the K20D does nicely enough for me.

-The inbuilt IS. Despite what some skeptics claim, in-body IS definitely helps, atleast for me. Maybe optical IS is better than CCD-IS, but the latter is far better than nothing.

Besides, I like pentax and it's philosophy. Even without the 'unlimited' resources of the C-N, they are able to deliver good products at decent prices. If i were to jump ship, I'd rather go to N. Infact, if I can save up some money, I might go for a D300 + a couple of VR lenses by year end, either as an additional body, or by selling the K20D.

Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying the K20D now. It's a great camera, especially for those familiar with the relatively slow performance of the K100DS. Next step is to buy a tamron or Sigma walkabout f/2.8 lens to go with the body.
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoney View Post
    Congrat on ur purchase.
    Thanks bro

haha.

yes - fengwei is right - I didn't buy anything

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123