Thread: Warm up for D80 ?

Default Warm up for D80 ?

hello all,

recently bought a D80 and tamron 70-300 from lord's. noticed something wrong with my cam, it has a "warm up" time. everytime i switch on the camera, i'll have to wait for about a min or so before i can start shooting on the 70-300.

i found out that i can skip this "warm up" time if i unscrew the 70-300 and screw it back again. this "warm up" happens sometimes only.

is there something wrong with the lens ? or is it the D80? thx for any help!!

Default Re: Warm up for D80 ?

Such a thing never happend to me. NEVER. Is yrs a grey product?

Upper Bukit Timah

yeah. i've never heard of sthin liddat before.

better go get it checked at NSC.

Not necessarily the D80 itself, it could be ur lens that is having problem as well. You can test it out with a diff lens if you have one.

The startup for the D80 shoul be fast.
    Wat happens during the warm up time ? the lcd on the camera blanks? battery blinks ?

It is something that is totally unacceptable no matter what DSLR you are using. As mentioned, you should check with other lens to confirm, then send to NSC.
    Good luck.

hmm shouldnt be grey set, is with warranty everything. don't have other lens too, been wanting to get tamron 17-50mm for sometime but 2months out of stock now. ><

when i half press the lens just refuse to focus. and the LCD doesn't display AF-S/AF-A/AF-C. also the part where the LCD usually display shutter speed says "Lo", even when im pointing at bright sources.

should i bring it to lord's show the salesman hmm

Should quickly bring to Lord's. At least they have another lens, another D80 to isolate the problem.