Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Labrador Sunset In HDR

  1. #21

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, you will get cloud trails, that is the problem with hdr sometimes

    but if your exposure is extremely long you would get cloud trails already

    the only problem is when it is short, and then the cloud moves a short distance, then it is too obvious. at sunset, usually you would not need to worry so much about this
    cool. thanks for the info.

    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Yah, the pics are for the photographer to keep anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by reaper3075 View Post
    in my opinion, ultimately it all depends on what the photographer wants.. realistic images full of details, or surreal 'paintings'. im sure both will look good in their own way..

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,410

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    nice picture

  4. #24

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    I think the rocks in the foreground and the lights in the far side look very nice to me.
    I can see noise in the cloud. I know Digital pictures alway have this noise problem. It is acceptable if low.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    nice picture
    thanks man.

    Quote Originally Posted by dw8888 View Post
    I think the rocks in the foreground and the lights in the far side look very nice to me.
    I can see noise in the cloud. I know Digital pictures alway have this noise problem. It is acceptable if low.
    thanks man.. yea.. i like the lights as well..
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  6. #26

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Just curious, as i'm not really familiar with Labrador Park myself... but... where is the spot where you took this shot? As in.. how'd you get to the rocks? Is there a pathway or something?

  7. #27

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by isaacp81 View Post
    Just curious, as i'm not really familiar with Labrador Park myself... but... where is the spot where you took this shot? As in.. how'd you get to the rocks? Is there a pathway or something?
    There is a tiny strip of beach next to the jetty.. In low tide the stones surface but be aware
    when there is large boats like Star Cruise passing which can stir up some real high waves..

  8. #28

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by isaacp81 View Post
    Just curious, as i'm not really familiar with Labrador Park myself... but... where is the spot where you took this shot? As in.. how'd you get to the rocks? Is there a pathway or something?
    there is a small beach at the end, near the jetty area.. this is right below the jetty, you should be able to see it at all times, but the beach is of course, bigger at low tide

  9. #29

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    it still looks good! thanks for sharing!

  10. #30

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by adiknaim View Post
    if u look carefully, i tink the clouds are quite grainy.... nt sure how to prevent this...
    hmmm... will photoshop's noise reduction be able to help?

  11. #31

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by isaacp81 View Post
    Just curious, as i'm not really familiar with Labrador Park myself... but... where is the spot where you took this shot? As in.. how'd you get to the rocks? Is there a pathway or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    There is a tiny strip of beach next to the jetty.. In low tide the stones surface but be aware
    when there is large boats like Star Cruise passing which can stir up some real high waves..
    thats the place.. yeah, noticed waves getting stronger everytime a boat passes by.. never encountered a star cruise ship though.. will definitely make a run for it if so..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    it still looks good! thanks for sharing!
    thanks for lookin'!
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  12. #32

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    there is a small beach at the end, near the jetty area.. this is right below the jetty, you should be able to see it at all times, but the beach is of course, bigger at low tide
    ive never been there during high tide. would the rocks still be visible?
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  13. #33

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by 21BoyBoy View Post
    hmmm... will photoshop's noise reduction be able to help?
    hmm.. yet to try.. but afraid it could lose some details?
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  14. #34

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by reaper3075 View Post
    ive never been there during high tide. would the rocks still be visible?
    partly. best timing is mid-tide, you have a lot of choices for rocks

    i just tried low tide the other day here, also can, but very smelly and a lot of rubbish, so have to wear slippers/boots and be a bit careful, cos some rocks a bit slippery

  15. #35

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    partly. best timing is mid-tide, you have a lot of choices for rocks

    i just tried low tide the other day here, also can, but very smelly and a lot of rubbish, so have to wear slippers/boots and be a bit careful, cos some rocks a bit slippery

    noted with thanks.
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  16. #36

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    you may want to check for hot pixel and clone them out...

    i think u may have one - left top in the sky...

  17. #37

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by woolman View Post
    you may want to check for hot pixel and clone them out...

    i think u may have one - left top in the sky...
    u referring to the white dot?

    thanks for the info.. didnt really notice it.
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  18. #38

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    I think it looks great, especially the water in front.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    i think star cruise comes back every fri evening and move off every sat evening.. i use to work at harbourfront and noticed the timing =)

  20. #40

    Default Re: Labrador Sunset In HDR

    Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i think star cruise comes back every fri evening and move off every sat evening.. i use to work at harbourfront and noticed the timing =)

    cool.. perhaps when its low tide, u could get more dramatic waves..
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •