Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any photographers in bedok reservoir who's very free to help me?

Default Re: any photographers in bedok reservoir who's very free to help me?

Quote Originally Posted by lustlab View Post
    another thing.. when i set it to av(aperture mode)the lowest is 4.0? is this right?
    depends on your lens

but most kit lenses will be f/3.5 to f/5.6, depending on focal length , i.e. larger apertures for wider end, smaller apertures for longest end

Just relax enjoy your trip. Playaround with all the camera functions. You can try all you know and you may get it right.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by lustlab View Post
    1/18sec on the camera it'll reflect as?
    because i know 1'' is 1 second.
    but 1/18 is...?
    in EOS350D, they are using Focal Plane-Shutter, which range from 30 - 1/4000 (0.5 or 0.3 EV steps)

i set my own rules, in order to avoid blurr image without tripod, i have to set focal length = focal plane shutter
    eq. if you are using 18mm focal length then the minimum focal plane shutter is 1/18 (1/18 = 0.055sec), and if you are using zoom lens, let's say 200mm, you will encouter image blurr during handheld, therefore to avoid this minimum you have to set the shutter to 1/200 (1/200 = 0.005sec).
    The faster the shutter, lesser risk to get imager blurr.

FYI.
    30" meaning 30 sec
    1/30 meaning 0.033sec
    Last edited by blomqvist; 20th March 2008 at 05:10 PM.
    BLOMQVIST

some question. to prevent handshake on the camera. for 18mm we use shutter speed of 1/18, do we need to take into a consideration of the crop factor? 18 *1.6(350D)=28.8
    so we use 1/30 instead? is that better? unless we using a full frame like (5D).
    Pentax K5, MZ-L, DA 16-50mm, FA 77mm Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by jeediver View Post
    some question. to prevent handshake on the camera. for 18mm we use shutter speed of 1/18, do we need to take into a consideration of the crop factor? 18 *1.6(350D)=28.8
    so we use 1/30 instead? is that better? unless we using a full frame like (5D).
    rough guide only

if your camera has shake reduction you can do longer

if your hand holding technique even better

wide angles are more forgiving than telephoto, that's for sure, i have done 1 second exposures handheld (sr on) which were pretty ok to my eye.. at 10mm anyways

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12