Thread: The sony ericsson bad experience

Default The sony ericsson bad experience

I wonder anyone of you have had encountered similar problems like my K800i phone?

The software corrupted after about one year of usage, which is after the warranty ends. I brought to repair, and after almost 13 days after 3 months of warranty being extended for the software problem, it broke down again! It is like a self-timer, programmed to bomb up after the warranty ends?

I sent an email to SE call center because I was busy and no time to go out to service center yet and their reply is very very slow. I have yet to receive their latest reply on the explanation of this problem!

I am going out to the service center tomorrow, and if they are going to charge me for the repair fees, do you think I should just pay and accept that it is my fate for getting this phone and bad software fix or should I bargain and argue with them?

Default Re: The sony ericsson bad experience

Argue with them, tell them if they dont fix it for FOC you will never be a customer with them again, explain that its failed just out of warrenty twice, and an expensve piece of equipment like that should not fail so fast.

But is it possible to argue and they just let you fix FOC? Because this is a big company and i don't know if that is possible. I know I can do this in those small small shops though.

It is reasonable for a consumer to request that any product they buy is free from defect and therefore you have the right to ask for the fix.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Lately my K800i also has this sms corrupted problem...is it due to software? Or is it due to virus coz i sometimes download mp3 from the computer...

i also have problem with SE phone. k610m. stop working totally after about 5mths.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by kanki View Post
    I wonder anyone of you have had encountered similar problems like my K800i phone?

The software corrupted after about one year of usage, which is after the warranty ends. I brought to repair, and after almost 13 days after 3 months of warranty being extended for the software problem, it broke down again! It is like a self-timer, programmed to bomb up after the warranty ends?

I sent an email to SE call center because I was busy and no time to go out to service center yet and their reply is very very slow. I have yet to receive their latest reply on the explanation of this problem!

I am going out to the service center tomorrow, and if they are going to charge me for the repair fees, do you think I should just pay and accept that it is my fate for getting this phone and bad software fix or should I bargain and argue with them?
    I have the same problem as you, where my SE phone's software gets corrupted after 1 yr of usage and the phone had to reset it everytime.
    Things I've learnt on photography
    [S5Pro][28-70 f2.8][ZF 35 f2][85 f1.4][sb800][Elinchrom D-Lite 4]

Quote Originally Posted by kanki View Post
    But is it possible to argue and they just let you fix FOC? Because this is a big company and i don't know if that is possible. I know I can do this in those small small shops though.
    of course can

and why worry? do you have anything to lose?

I have been using SE phones for the past few years after giving up on another brand and so far my phone are working perfectly. Well, I don't download stuff to my phone now, but my previous one I have some downloads and still it functions well.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Had a K800 just like you. Had it for almost a year when out of the blue it crashed just like you said. No matter what I did just couldn't turn it on. Think it was a week prior to warranty expiring. Brought it to the service centre and they told me that they needed to 'upgrade the software'. And since it was still within warranty it was FOC. After they so-called fixed it some problems still surfaced. Eventually traded it for a Nokia N95. So far ok.

Seems like this problem only attacks the K800i phones.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

you can pressure them politely to fix it for you free.

my experience..

my out of warranty w810i suddenly starting flashing white screen. cant power off so had to remove the battery. after putting back the battery and power on, it went back to flashing white screen. i did some googling and found some other users faced this problem before - white screen of death. apparently need to reflash the firmware to resolve this.

so i went down to the service center at wisma. waited about 45 mins before they attended to me since it was quite crowded. the girl told me i had to send the phone in for them to check and if i subsequently did not want to fix it, i had to pay i think $10.70. i told her i just wanted them to reflash the firmware. she told him i still had to send it in. i asked to speak to the service manager. he told he that it was their policy...i think it was $30+ to reflash the firmware. i told him i refuse to pay cos it was a software defect and he could go google to confirm. i mentioned the difference in policy between sony cameras and sony ericsson. for sony cams with defective ccd, they will replace it free even if it is past warranty.

he then told me he will waive charges this time round and told me to wait 30 mins. well i got back my phone reflashed and working within 30 mins. i thanked the manager and asked him how i could write in about this issue so that other users with similar problems will not need to go thru what i did.

well i did write in thank the manager and his team for what i think was really good service, and also to make some noise about the phone issue. nothing heard about the phone issue so far.

so just go down and give it a shot.

hehe... I think you are not alone. I also had a SE phone, something like K800, which died one day after the warranty expired. What to do?
    Come visit my blog

maybe those who own a K800,with same problem/s can maybe set a day to go to the service centre together to get our hp fix...more voices...stronger claim,rite? i know mine has had corrupted sms many times,now the higlighted menu icon started to show some kinda colours...

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe and I thought only Nokia phones had problems :P

i think there are problems with all brand of h/p. maybe due to high pressure to lower cost and to come out with new model every other month. most importantly, they must honor their words of warranty for 1yr. cant give longer than that, else nobody buy new h/p, business goes bust.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hehe and I thought only Nokia phones had problems :P
    I've used Nokia (not any of those N models though) for coming to ten years now, none of them gave me any problems at all. All my experiments with sony, motorola and samsung as my 2nd phones, with zero exceptions, had been problematic. The worst of the lot being Motorola.

Got my Sony k800i in Jul 06. Within 3 days, the motherboard fried, brought back to Sony Ericsson and requested for a brand new one. They said it was a firmware problem then (ya rite... ) so replaced the phone. Since then, it's had minimal problems - only thing is it occassionally hangs while SMS-ing or the screen suddenly goes blank. Oh well...

Guess I should update you guys here by sharing my experience.

Getting the phone fixed is such a pain in the ass! First I had to waste time travelling to the service center in Jurong East, and second, although there were not many people in the queue, was about 4 or 5 people but I have waited for 1 hour. Sien... During the collection too, I thought it'd be much faster but turned out still the same old speed. Waited for 1 hour too when there were only 3 people in front of me!! An Indian aunty was so frustrated too and she complained to me.

And what did they tell me? Sorry, the phone's software is not within the warranty, even if it breaks down again the next day right after you have flash and re-install the software, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY! What to do? but to pay them the $SGD27 or 28 for some bad software of K800i? Otherwise I do not have other phone to use already. When come to bargaining I am very soft...

Well, I still have to use this phone for at least half a year more, so broke... Think back to the past, those old nokia monophonic ringtone handphones, were much much more lasting! Why as the technology advance, devices tend to break down easier and earlier.